Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-02-2007   #21
treygar
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 treygar is on the Pro-Bowl ballottreygar is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: SA Fans

ok, trying to get the ball rolling - seems the Cardinals game will be live on NFL network, Saturday - August 18th. since its closer to me and we can switch next time I suggest the Buffalo Wild Wings at 35N and 1604, besides the Live Oak Cinema. i will call the venue that week to ensure they have the NFL Network and will play that game should a group of us be there.

unless anyone in SA has a better idea, or we want to try the logistics of the 1604/281 location I guess an afternoon preseason game is as good a time to try so I'm open to that location as well.

should the Bears game be televised in SA we can always bump up this plan a week depending on interest.
Old 08-02-2007   #22
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by treygar View Post
ok, trying to get the ball rolling - seems the Cardinals game will be live on NFL network, Saturday - August 18th. since its closer to me and we can switch next time I suggest the Buffalo Wild Wings at 35N and 1604, besides the Live Oak Cinema. i will call the venue that week to ensure they have the NFL Network and will play that game should a group of us be there.

unless anyone in SA has a better idea, or we want to try the logistics of the 1604/281 location I guess an afternoon preseason game is as good a time to try so I'm open to that location as well.

should the Bears game be televised in SA we can always bump up this plan a week depending on interest.
Only problem with the location off 35n is that the they may not have the Texans game on...We went through a big argument last year when they promised me before i set all this up to meet there with everyone they would be playing the game, and once the game started they switched the game from the good tv with sound to the worst picture tv with nooo sound...The guys were all upset and the manager was very rude when i went to talk to him and he said its all about what majority of the ppl want and that no one wanted to view the Texans but us...So not sure any of the other guys would go back to this place...Thats why V-man was looking a that new place that opened up off 1604/281, but i thought he said it was close to the stone oak area...Not sure if its the same place u are talking about.
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #23
treygar
Veteran

yes ok i tell ya what, if anyone is interested then for a quick meetup at the BWW at Stone Oak aka 281/1604 area to me (its close enough so i guess its a matter of what you want to call it, plus remember i'm not an SA native) this Saturday (8/4) for lunch or something i'd be down with that just to scope out the venue and maybe talk to the manager???

i know its central to the two BWW we go to but man i tell ya i hate the traffic there but honestly i'm not sure exactly where this one is located off of Stone Oak so i'm willing to try.
Old 08-02-2007   #24
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Well I will be out of town for the first preseason game. but am willing to try it for the second one. Plus with it being at 4:00pm should not have a problem (since the Cowboys don't play til 7:00pm).
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #25
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
yes ok i tell ya what, if anyone is interested then for a quick meetup at the BWW at Stone Oak aka 281/1604 area to me (its close enough so i guess its a matter of what you want to call it, plus remember i'm not an SA native) this Saturday (8/4) for lunch or something i'd be down with that just to scope out the venue and maybe talk to the manager???

i know its central to the two BWW we go to but man i tell ya i hate the traffic there but honestly i'm not sure exactly where this one is located off of Stone Oak so i'm willing to try.
I could do that. Lunch would be good. Just let me know.
Old 08-02-2007   #26
UvaldeTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 UvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performer

The 281/1604 BWW is located on the 281 N Access road. Just take the 1604 exit off 281 N and stay on it...go under 1604 and u will see it there on your right side in the new shopping area that has gone up there. Sunday traffic is really not that bad on 281 (only when there is construction) and there hasnt been any in the last couple of weeks.
Old 08-02-2007   #27
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be in SA on Saturday/Sunday for the Rush show. If anyone wants my tickets and parking pass I will cut you a good deal. PM me...
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-03-2007   #28
mannyo123
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to mannyo123

For those of you going to Houston for any home games this season, you guys are more then welcome to join us SA fans in the yellow parking lot for some great tailgating. Beer and BBQ. I will be going to every home game this year. We have a bus leaving every Sunday morning where theres a home game, even this preseason. And yes, we SA fans need to stick together!
Old 08-03-2007   #29
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyo123 View Post
For those of you going to Houston for any home games this season, you guys are more then welcome to join us SA fans in the yellow parking lot for some great tailgating. Beer and BBQ. I will be going to every home game this year. We have a bus leaving every Sunday morning where theres a home game, even this preseason. And yes, we SA fans need to stick together!
Manny, i look forward to the chiefs game...U are great....
Old 08-03-2007   #30
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
Looks like I'll end up missing the preseason games because of them being Saturday. My daughter has to work each Saturday until Midnight. I just realized that. Now, I really hope they will be on TV.
looks like it is going to be hard to get everyone together except for maybe the last preseason game. It is on a Thursday.
Old 08-03-2007   #31
treygar
Veteran

yes i'm still aiming for the second game, I know that Elle and Shinergirl can't make it but we don't need the girls around anyways!!!

anyone out there at all interested in watching the Cardinals game with me?

vman you going out of town that weekend of the 16th???

i am down for the thursday nighter though so long as its on TV.
Old 08-03-2007   #32
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:

vman you going out of town that weekend of the 16th???
No I should be around.

Last edited by V Man; 08-03-2007 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-03-2007   #33
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
yes i'm still aiming for the second game, I know that Elle and Shinergirl can't make it but we don't need the girls around anyways!!!
Boy, you are going to get it for that one. Make sure I am not sitting next to you, when we all get together.
Old 08-03-2007   #34
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Old 08-03-2007   #35
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
Boy, you are going to get it for that one. Make sure I am not sitting next to you, when we all get together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock_girl View Post
told you.
Old 08-03-2007   #36
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
I'll take care of him long before we have a game. I know where he lives.

VMan, who used to post those broadcast maps last year? I think it was one of the Austin guys. We need to figure that out and get those going again. I can go to the last preseason since it's Thursday, but I'd like to know if I get to see Texans when I'm at home for the first 3. Connor is pretty picky about who he watches. No matter the team, he seems not to like white jerseys. Especially those ones with stars on them,
that is Texans 84 or Dante that we all know and love now through his special thread.
Old 08-03-2007   #37
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Whole civilazations have been wiped out because of this attitude .
Old 08-13-2007   #38
treygar
Veteran

ok guys its never too early to talk about a SA Watch Party!!

this Saturday (8/18) anyone interested in a meetup, also location ideas.

copy and paste or something

interested and can make a meetup

vote for location
Old 08-13-2007   #39
UvaldeTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 UvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performer

I vote for BWW at The Legacy...281/1604
Old 08-13-2007   #40
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm up for getting together for the dallas its not my crackpipe its my hall of fame bust boys game.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read