Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-22-2007   #1
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man
Default Another Classic ESPN article.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/train...ory?id=2935448

Another classic, no nothing about the Texans article but this one quote just killed me.

Quote:
Camp battle to watch
WR Kevin Walter vs. WR Jerome Mathis vs. WR Andre Davis
The Texans let last year's No. 2 WR, Eric Moulds, leave as a free agent. They are hoping one of these three will step up and be a reliable target opposite Andre Johnson. Johnson had a Pro Bowl-type season in 2006 with 103 catches, but the Texans need someone to take some of the double-team attention away from him. Walter and Davis are both big targets who have some straight-line speed, but neither is a great route runner. Mathis is a better route runner but lacks the top-end speed. Third-round pick Jacoby Jones out of Lane College has some skills but isn't ready to compete for a starting job.
Man and all that time I thought he was fast, but I guess the opposing kick off teams were just really slow.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007   #2
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730
Default Re: Another Classic ESPN article.

i agree that the #2 WR position is the one to keep an eye on, but anyone can tell you that.

ESPN stinks. mathis can run a sub 4.3 (pre injury)
Old 07-22-2007   #3
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice ''Insider" information there ESPN
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, if you asked them, they'd tell you that, no, Mathis is not fast ANYMORE, because he has that plantar fascitis problem. LOL.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Well, if you asked them, they'd tell you that, no, Mathis is not fast ANYMORE, because he has that plantar fascitis problem. LOL.
You must spread some reputation around...
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007   #6
Ells1626
TenderoftheBar

I like how the Texans let Eric Moulds go as a free agent.
Old 07-22-2007   #7
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ells1626 View Post
I like how the Texans let Eric Moulds go as a free agent.
I guess I missed the part where he was sought after by other teams.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2007   #8
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/train...ory?id=2935448

Mathis is a better route runner but lacks the top-end speed.
What they meant was that he doesn't have the speed to be an end in the top of the NFL. Because ends need to be strong he is too fast and not strong enough to be in the NFL therefore, like any sports fan knows, they say he doesn't have end top end speed which they were nice enough to shorten to top-end speed. We should be so lucky.

Mike
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Do they even research the subject of their articles? One accurate piece, is that too much to ask? Except for Michael Smith that is.
Old 07-22-2007   #10
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Typical ESPN "expert" analysis. They don't call themselves the leader in sports or whatever for no reason.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007   #11
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
Typical ESPN "expert" analysis. They don't call themselves the leader in sports or whatever for no reason.
To me they are the "Misleader in sports".

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007   #12
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
To me they are the "Misleader in sports".
I thought they were the "Lader in foreign sports"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I thought they were the "Lader in foreign sports"
I thought they just dressed up in Liederhosen and sang Huey Lewis tunes from the Sports CD.
Old 07-23-2007   #14
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Is today seriously opposite day at ESPN or were they possibly drunk when they typed this out?
Old 07-23-2007   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

How much does the job pay, and does the company reimburse for the wacky tobacco that needs to be consumed prior to writing these stories?

Seriously, I feel like I've lost a few moments of my life when I read articles that provide me with absolutely no redeeming information. We should get paid to read this garbage, IMO.
Old 07-23-2007   #16
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59723 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I keep looking at this thread and it leaves me speechless. Or typeless. However you want to look at it.
Old 07-23-2007   #17
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Without reading the article, Ill go out on a limb and assume that when they talked about the #2WR position, Oline some how came up.
Old 07-23-2007   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Without reading the article, Ill go out on a limb and assume that when they talked about the #2WR position, Oline some how came up.
They said that Jerome Mathis' problem was his lack of top-end speed.
Old 07-23-2007   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
How much does the job pay, and does the company reimburse for the wacky tobacco that needs to be consumed prior to writing these stories?

Seriously, I feel like I've lost a few moments of my life when I read articles that provide me with absolutely no redeeming information. We should get paid to read this garbage, IMO.
no joke, there are better bloggers than ESPiN ... thank goodness for the internet
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read