Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-03-2004   #1
JeRmZ
Rookie

Default Need your Help Texans fans!!!

I have a choice to make in my FF league, pick up Gaffney or Bradford.
Who is the starter and who would you pick up?

I know Bradford was hurt (don't know if he still is) and I know Gaffney has been turning it up a little lately .... I can add both players, but would rather not.

So if ya don't mind helpin me out I would appreciate it!!
JeRmZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004   #2
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Gaffney is getting alot of looks and catches lately but neither are getting into the endzone alot. Well Gaff's not helping his cause in that area
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

There may be some weeks where Bradford hits it big, but generally Gaffney will be the more consistant WR.
Old 11-03-2004   #4
JeRmZ
Rookie

Sorry for posting in the wrong place!

As for who to pick up, well ... I'm looking for a replacement WR after dropping Joey Galloway (who was expected to play week 9). I noticed that Gaffney has turned it up a little, but seen Bradford is supposed to be the #2 WR down there in Houston. I can pick up Bradford as he is available as well, but if Gaffney keeps on starting then there is no reason to pick up CB!

My FF team would look like this

QB - Favre/Carr - start 1
RB - Portis/Pittman/E. Smith - start 2
WR - R. Smith/R. Gardener/P. Price/J. Gaffney - start 3
TE - M. Pollard/B. Franks - start 1
DST - Philly/Denver - start 1
K - Morton Anderson - start 1
Old 11-03-2004   #5
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm with Vinny on his assessment. Gaffney has finally begun to shine at least a little and is becoming a dependable possession-type receiver. He won't boggle you with numbers yet, but as the AJ shift gains momentum, you'll see more TD's appear. I'd lean towards using him against teams that lack a true "shut-down" corner.
disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004   #6
JeRmZ
Rookie

So then Bradford is a definite #3 WR for now?

Basically I'm looking for some fill in WR for my upcoming bye week and Galloway & J. Gaffney, C. Bradford, J. Pathon are my only options!!

Last edited by JeRmZ; 11-03-2004 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-03-2004   #7
Haams
All Pro

Gaffney. I'm predicting 56 yards, 1 TD next week.
Haams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2004   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Gaff. Unless Stokley is open for INDY.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #9
JeRmZ
Rookie

Right on guys ..... thanks alot! I picked up Gaffney yesterday and I'm thinking about picking up Bradford, but I would have to drop Galloway and don't know if I wanna do that yet!!

Thanks again
Old 11-04-2004   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeRmZ
Right on guys ..... thanks alot! I picked up Gaffney yesterday and I'm thinking about picking up Bradford, but I would have to drop Galloway and don't know if I wanna do that yet!!

Thanks again
I picked up with Gaffney and emergency start last sunday morning and he helped in a winning effort.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read