Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-19-2007   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Texans sign 4th rounder

Quote:
The Texans have agreed to terms with fourth-round pick Fred Bennett, of South Carolina.

Bennett, 6-foot-0, 197 pounds, is the second pick of the Texans to agree to terms. Zac Diles, their seventh-rounder, signed on Wednesday.

The Texans have four more picks to sign with training camp just one week away. Rookies and veterans report to Reliant Stadium next Thursday with the first practice beginning Friday morning.

The Texans also signed defensive tackle Thomas Smith from NFL Europa's Hamburg Sea Devils. Smith, 6-foot-3, 300 pounds, was a teammate of left tackle Charles Spencer at Pittsburgh from 2001-05. He moved to defensive tackle as a senior and posted 32 tackles, four tackles for loss, one sack and one pass defensed.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4983150.html
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007   #2
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans sign 4th rounder

I don't know if any of y'all heard this the other day, but Jacoby Jones was on the Sirius NFL Radio station the other day doing an interview.

Funny as heck.

They got him to sing along with Aretha Franklin to the song "Respect."

I bring this up because he said something to the effect of: Fred Bennett is good at jamming at the line because his arms are long. His arms are so long that he can pick up a nickle without bending over.

Wouldn't it be lovely if someone who is a good quote on the team also tears it up on the field? Fred being good would be a nice thing too.
Old 07-19-2007   #3
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

Heard on the radio today that they're pretty far along in talks with Amobi and he should be in the fold by training camp.

Can't think of a guy who was really good for a quote except Salaam, McKinney, and was it Stanley or Brown? The others - Carr, Wong, AJ, DD/DW, Glenn - were/are all pretty straight-laced.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
RE-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-spect! Now I have that song stuck in my head. THanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I don't know if any of y'all heard this the other day, but Jacoby Jones was on the Sirius NFL Radio station the other day doing an interview.

Funny as heck.

I bring this up because he said something to the effect of: Fred Bennett is good at jamming at the line because his arms are long. His arms are so long that he can pick up a nickle without bending over.

Wouldn't it be lovely if someone who is a good quote on the team also tears it up on the field? Fred being good would be a nice thing too.
in this case I get the feeling we agree about Jacoby, I've stated it numerous times since the draft from watching game film & listening to interviews that Jacoby is gonna be special, just wait.

regarding Fred Bennett he is another feather in the hat of Rick Smith & his outstanding draft. with help from Dunta he is gonna have a similar impact to this team as last years 4th rd. pick Owen Daniels. not only will he see playing time as a rookie by the middle to end he could be starting.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007   #6
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I am glad to see Bennett just about in the fold. I hope Jones and Amobi are soon. Good to see progress being made.

With Smith, the Hamburg guy, I invoke the "weakest link in the chain rule". If he takes the job of someone already on the team and improves the weakest link of the team. The team still rises a notch, even if he just mans a spot on the line for a the return team.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007   #7
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bennett signed

I know it's always a major focus with the Texans to get everybody signed before camp (which I love). Does anyone perceive any hangups with this squad getting signed before next friday?

Last edited by barrett; 07-20-2007 at 01:51 PM. Reason: already posted
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-20-2007   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
in this case I get the feeling we agree about Jacoby, I've stated it numerous times since the draft from watching game film & listening to interviews that Jacoby is gonna be special, just wait.

regarding Fred Bennett he is another feather in the hat of Rick Smith & his outstanding draft. with help from Dunta he is gonna have a similar impact to this team as last years 4th rd. pick Owen Daniels. not only will he see playing time as a rookie by the middle to end he could be starting.
If Bennett and Jacoby are starters at any time this season, I'll be ecstatic and thinking Super Bowl in 2008.
Old 07-20-2007   #9
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Im glad that they got Harrison inked but i feel the priority should rest on getting Frye and Studdard signed with all the problems the O-line had with injuries last year.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Studdard agreed to terms earlier today.

Hadn't heard anything about Harrison. Not really concerned either. Rookies tend to sign contracts before camp starts - at least those who aren't high first round picks.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read