Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-17-2007   #1
bayshorebevo
Veteran

Default We should beat the Chiefs at home

The crowd will be going nuts since we will be undefeatd for the year. Might be a low scoring game with us putting new guys out there and the Chiefs not having a set qb. Texans 17-10
bayshorebevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #2
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We should beat the Chiefs at home

Thanks for that
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

While we're on the topic of optimism,...

I'd say we go 6-3 to bye week. Maybe that's enough for SNF against the Saints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #4
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think in that case I should gracefully bow out of this discussion lol...

Mike
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007   #5
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

If the cards play out liek the yare looking we should beatthe Chiefs. They lost two pro-bowl, HOF caliber lineman in Shields and Roaf. While Huard was effective enough to get the job done last year i think Herm's going to want to start Croyle. that bodes well out of the gates...add Allen's suspension and a suspect KC defense. Could very well jump start our confidence to start the season
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

In the face of uncertaintly at QB in KC after Greens departure and
their top pass rusher under suspension for the game, the Vegas book still has us favored by only a meer point, but atleast we're favored.
We should win this game, but I'm afraid to say it is the only one we may have a realistic chance of winning in September, certainly the only one we'll be favored to win.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007   #7
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

We WILL beat the Chiefs at home.
Old 07-18-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the optimism and I have us penciled to beat the 'Chefs' as well, but we better be able to stop Larry Johnson who's had back-to-back 1700 yard rushing seasons..... I'm just sayin'!
Old 07-18-2007   #9
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 74770 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I love the optimism and I have us penciled to beat the 'Chefs' as well, but we better be able to stop Larry Johnson who's had back-to-back 1700 yard rushing seasons..... I'm just sayin'!
Hopefully he will be a holdout.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007   #10
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
If he's not holding out, he's still running behind an O-Line that lost a couple key starters last season.

How'd LJ look against the Colts in the playoffs? they gameplanned him perfectly...I'd be willing to bet that Kubiak's got that film loaded up.
Old 07-18-2007   #11
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
In the face of uncertaintly at QB in KC after Greens departure and
their top pass rusher under suspension for the game, the Vegas book still has us favored by only a meer point, but atleast we're favored.
We should win this game, but I'm afraid to say it is the only one we may have a realistic chance of winning in September, certainly the only one we'll be favored to win.
Where have you heard these rumors? All I've heard is Huard is the guy. That's why they're paying him starter money now. When did this change?
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
If he's not holding out, he's still running behind an O-Line that lost a couple key starters last season.

How'd LJ look against the Colts in the playoffs? they gameplanned him perfectly...I'd be willing to bet that Kubiak's got that film loaded up.
I hear what you're sayin' and I'm hoping that it comes to fruition. But again, he rushed for 1700 yards prior to the play-offs.

PS.... I am not taking that bet... lol!!
Old 07-18-2007   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Texan View Post
Where have you heard these rumors? All I've heard is Huard is the guy. That's why they're paying him starter money now. When did this change?
I agree. I'm not sure where all this 'Croyle will be the chiefs starter' is coming from. IMO, the chiefs would be crazy not to start Huard.
Old 07-18-2007   #14
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Huard got paid real nice backup money that i'll give you. But that's all he's been... I don't see a Rich Gannon-esque move to prominence for Damon. Herm seems pretty bent on turning the roster over and i'd be willing to bet they were one of if not the oldest teams last year. Dick Vermeil loved veteran players and while i'm saying they were bad but i'm not sure about some of their drafts lately.

IMO if Croyle has a good TC and shows something...might not be our game but he'll see PT this year.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007   #15
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 8295 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

As of today, I think they will run, run, run, and we will run, run, run and the final will be Texans 13 Chiefs 12 as Owen Daniels catches the game winning TD late in the 4th.
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007   #16
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was at an all-inclusive this past weekend in Playa Del Carmen for a friend's wedding. We spent most of our time drinking at the pool, and I know... it was rough. Anyways, there was this huge guy there that was throwing the football around with us and one of his buds pointed out that he was an OL for the Chiefs, Chris Bober, starting left guard.

I had some Micheladas and a couple of bacardi and cokes allready so I felt obliged to trash talk. So I struck a conversation with the guy and asked about Jordan Black since they played together. He had nothing but great things to say about him, "great player and really good friend, yada yada yada..." Then I let him know that he was going to be owned come the season opener by a guy named Amobi and a guy named Mario. He snickered and said "Who are they? Mario who?" I said "You'll see the back of their jerseys when they are sacking your qb." He waded away laughing.

The mindgames have allready started thanks to yours truly! I saw the fear in his eyes.

Last edited by Shaft75; 07-19-2007 at 10:43 AM.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007   #17
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I was at an all-inclusive this past weekend in Playa Del Carmen for a friend's wedding. We spent most of our time drinking at the pool, and I know... it was rough. Anyways, there was this huge guy there that was throwing the football around with us and one of his buds pointed out that he was an OL for the Chiefs, Chris Bober, starting left guard.

I had some Micheladas and a couple of bacardi and cokes allready so I felt obliged to trash talk. So I struck a conversation with the guy and asked about Jordan Black since they played together. He had nothing but great things to say about him, "great player and really good friend, yada yada yada..." Then I let him know that he was going to be owned come the season opener by a guy named Amobi and a guy named Mario. He snickered and said "Who are they? Mario who?" I said "You'll see the back of their jerseys when they are sacking your qb." He waded away laughing.

The mindgames have allready started thanks to yours truly! I saw the fear in his eyes.
YES!!!
Old 07-19-2007   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post

Forget mind games, why didnt you just drop 'em right there Shaft??....
Old 07-19-2007   #19
HardcoreTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 HardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotHardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Houston will definatly win the first game 24-13
HardcoreTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007   #20
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreTexan View Post
Houston will definatly win the first game 24-13
Sorry, but 20-10 seems more realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read