Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-17-2007   #1
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Culpepper finally released!

I hope the guy can resurrect his career.

Quote:
MIAMI (July 17, 2007) -- The Miami Dolphins released quarterback Daunte Culpepper, ending the former Pro Bowler's short stint in South Florida and wrapping up what became a contentious split between the player and the team.
Quote:
The Dolphins made the move in a one-sentence release, without further comment.
I've liked the Dolphin owner in the past, but I think he/screwed Culpepper over. What do y'all think?

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIA/10259572
Old 07-17-2007   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Culpepper finally released!

Quote:
The Dolphins made the move in a one-sentence release, without further comment.
I was never a big Culpepper fan, but I think he has earned a little more respect than that. I agree with Hou-Tex on this one.
Old 07-17-2007   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I heard the Falcons need an actual QB....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I heard the Falcons need an actual QB....
Very Nice!!
Old 07-17-2007   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm indifferent about Culpepper. He seems like a nice guy, but that little dance he used to do got a bit annoying.

I think his career is over. He might land as a backup, but I doubt he's a premier QB again.
Old 07-17-2007   #6
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Chicago would be wise to look at him considering their QB situation...I think Jacksonville still might be interested.

Of course i think Tampa lands him and Gruden gets yet another QB.

I don't think it was much as the owner as a lot of people once again getting screwed by Nick Saban.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm indifferent about Culpepper. He seems like a nice guy, but that little dance he used to do got a bit annoying.

I think his career is over. He might land as a backup, but I doubt he's a premier QB again.
LOL! I agree. Now that I think about it, that thing McNair used to do with his hands after a TD used to really drive me batty. I like McNair too. Even more now he's no longer with the toupees.
Sponsored links
Old 07-17-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I think Chicago would be wise to look at him considering their QB situation...I think Jacksonville still might be interested.

Of course i think Tampa lands him and Gruden gets yet another QB.

I don't think it was much as the owner as a lot of people once again getting screwed by Nick Saban.
Thats a really good point about Saban. He left that team in shambles.
Old 07-17-2007   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Thats a really good point about Saban. He left that team in shambles.

Yeah. Ricky Williams left them in shambles and then Saban came along and left the shambles in shambles.
Old 07-17-2007   #10
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jax is where everyone said he's going to land. But like mentioned before, Atlanta suddenly is going to need a QB. Can they afford Culpepper?
Old 07-17-2007   #11
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I hope he ends up starting somewhere. The guy could put up huge numbers and it's always a shame if an injury cuts short a promising career.
Noblesse Oblige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblesse Oblige View Post
I hope he ends up starting somewhere. The guy could put up huge numbers and it's always a shame if an injury cuts short a promising career.
He could but... he wasn't looking very good at Minnesota even before the injury.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #13
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I have a feeling Atlanta will sign him out of pure desperation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #14
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
He could but... he wasn't looking very good at Minnesota even before the injury.
when they started that season, they werent doing well, but i dont think the way the vikings were playing can be blamed on culpepper. that previous season he did have the 39 touchdown passes and probably would have gotten the mvp award if it wasnt for that manning character and his 49 touchdown passes
Old 07-18-2007   #15
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Please go Jags!

Please go Jags!

Please go Jags!

He will be the AFC Souths new David Carr .....

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007   #16
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Jax is where everyone said he's going to land. But like mentioned before, Atlanta suddenly is going to need a QB. Can they afford Culpepper?
Well, Vick's indictment gives the Falcons an opportunity to void his insane contract..so I think they will have some money available...
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007   #17
red_dirt
Rookie

Atl needs him, Chi needs him, Jacs needs better than him, and we could use a backup
red_dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_dirt View Post
Atl needs him, Chi needs him, Jacs needs better than him, and we could use a backup
"We" meaning who? The Texans?? IMO, we have an excellent backup QB. What are you talking about? I'm going to assume you're fan of another team.
Old 07-18-2007   #19
red_dirt
Rookie

Texans yes, look at the avitar. Who's that great at QB? Rosefels? Van Pelt? Zabranski? I don't think so.
red_dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_dirt View Post
Texans yes, look at the avitar. Who's that great at QB? Rosefels? Van Pelt? Zabranski? I don't think so.
Look, I like Culpepper and think he's been given the run around by the Dophins, but what the heck has he done in 2 years? Sage is our backup and a good one to boot.

I didn't say he was great. I said he was "an excellent backup".

An avatar of a cow is supposed to tell me you're a Texan fan?? Mmm...ok

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read