Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 08-30-2005   #61
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
I don't have anything against Clarett. He's never done anything to me or to any of my family members. It's not personal.

I just don't buy into everything that's said about him. Again, I have yet to see anything special about the guy. What's so amazing about him? He hasn't done anything on or off the field that I haven't seen many times before. He averaged 112 yards per game his freshman season (11 games...1237 yards) and I'm supposed to roll over for that?

I do think he's a victim of having too many people in his ear (agents, Brown, etc) and having too much success (MNC his first year in college) too early. Having Lebron James as a close friend (high schooler going straight to the pros) probably didn't help either.

If you want to talk straight football skills...I think he's a second round/second day pick without the baggage. He doesn't run with patience. He doesn't have great vision. He doesn't have the burst needed at this level. His durability is a big question mark (couldn't finish an entire season the last two seasons he's played).

I don't feel he should be kept out of the league so I don't fall into "not giving him a second chance". I say let him in. But I'll be back when he proves me right. If I'm wrong, then I'll be here for that too.
From now on, I shall be known as Nostradamus. And I will constantly speak in the 3rd person.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #62
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock_texas
I am sure this topic has been duscussed before but does anyone have the slightest idea as to what happened with Maurice Claurret (sp)? WIll he get drafted next year? Will he be completely the biggest waste of oxygen on the planet? Or was he the man child who wasted the most talent ever.
I tried but Lucky killed it. It's not all his fault. But a ship with out a rudder is pretty useless. He'll go down along with the running back who missed the block that ended Steve Youngs carreer when he missed a simple blitz pick up, body by Atlas, brain by Quaker Oats.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005   #63
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

so Denver dropped him, lol... too funny. Wouldn't it be great if Dallas picked him up?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read