Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 08-15-2005   #1
Panther5407
All Pro

Default ESPN's top 5 sleepers

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/previe...ory?id=2128964

Pretty much saying who is this years Auburn. Of course it'll be the first team listed.
Old 08-16-2005   #2
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

A&M could very easily lose 6 games.

at Clemson (L)
SMU (W)
Texas (W)
Baylor (W)
at Colorado (L)
Oklahoma State (W)
at Kansas State (L)
Iowa State (W)
at Texas Tech (L)
at Oklahoma (L)
Texas (L)

Those aren't predictions (I think they could beat Colorado, Kansas State and Texas), just games that they have a good chance of losing.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #3
Haams
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
These aren't predictions (I think they could beat Colorado, Kansas State and Texas), just games that they have a good chance of losing.
I can guarantee they lose the Texas one.
Haams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #4
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Wish I had that level of confidence. But there are too many Stanford, Arkansas, Washington State games stuck in my memory to call a rivalry game played in College Station an easy win.

I will admit to not feeling too secure about the game played there two years ago. I was way off in thinking that'd be a close game. That feeling's back this year though. Hope I'm proven wrong again.
Old 08-16-2005   #5
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wish I had that level of confidence. But there are too many Stanford, Arkansas, Washington State games stuck in my memory to call a rivalry game played in College Station an easy win.

I will admit to not feeling too secure about the game played there two years ago. I was way off in thinking that'd be a close game. That feeling's back this year though. Hope I'm proven wrong again.

Yeah... A&M will boast a pretty good team this year. Probably their best in recent years. And we all know how easy playing in Kyle field can be.

I think A&M will be back on the college map this year and will stay there for quite some time as long as Franchione is the coach.

I am ok with that. It would be nice to see two Texas teams consistently in the top 10 ....and start keeping more of this Texas talent within the borders... especially minimizing those Oklahoma TRAITORS!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #6
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haams
I can guarantee they lose the Texas one.
You must know something I don't. A&M looks ready to get over the hump against Texas. I'm not buying the hype on Texas just yet.

I think it would be ironic if my Horns beat OU only to lose at A&M.

Also, A&M has a very long streak of losing at Tech. When was the last time they won there, 1991?
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #7
Panther5407
All Pro

At most A&M will lose three and that'll be the last three games. Out of the last three, they will pick up one win and maybe two.
Old 08-16-2005   #8
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I think A&M will be 8-3. They will win one of their last three games, but they will lose to someone else that they shouldn't.
Old 08-16-2005   #9
GetItHowULive
Rookie

I am not buying the A&M hype just yet, so yeah maybe a lot of people (including myself) are snoring on them but for good reason they have a whole lot of proving to do and as for them beating Texas...not likely...
Old 08-16-2005   #10
Panther5407
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetItHowULive
I am not buying the A&M hype just yet, so yeah maybe a lot of people (including myself) are snoring on them but for good reason they have a whole lot of proving to do and as for them beating Texas...not likely...
All the hype in the state of Texas goes toward UT. Also, how is it so unlikely that they will beat UT this year?
Old 08-16-2005   #11
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

*cough* Baylor *cough* I'm sure alot of people felt Baylor would be an easy win for A&M last year too, but it turned out differently. Playing on the road is a different story, but we've been improving under Morris and I expect us to surprise a team or two that sleeps on us this season. It might not be A&M that we upset this year, but it should definately be a good game.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #12
Panther5407
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
*cough* Baylor *cough* I'm sure alot of people felt Baylor would be an easy win for A&M last year too, but it turned out differently. Playing on the road is a different story, but we've been improving under Morris and I expect us to surprise a team or two that sleeps on us this season. It might not be A&M that we upset this year, but it should definately be a good game.
lol, yall killed me in that game. But at A&M, the aggies will be out for revenge. Your more than welcome to have a upset against UT . I think the aggies are gonna start taking yall a big more seriously now.
Old 08-16-2005   #13
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetItHowULive

You might have a point here. Think about it... Texas has beaten A&M just as much/in a row as OU has beaten UT lately. And if you bring up that its UTs year to FINALLY beat OU... most everyone says ya right... they must prove it first, etc. I guess it should be the same way with the aggs too.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #14
Huge
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther5407
At most A&M will lose three and that'll be the last three games. Out of the last three, they will pick up one win and maybe two.
So you're saying they will at least go 9-2.? Have you already been to fish camp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther5407
Also, how is it so unlikely that they will beat UT this year?
Difference in talent. That's what makes it so unlikely. The only reason A&M has a chance is because upsets do happen. And make no mistake, If they beat Texas, it will be an upset.
Old 08-16-2005   #15
Panther5407
All Pro

Quote:
So you're saying they will at least go 9-2.? Have you already been to fish camp?

Difference in talent. That's what makes it so unlikely. The only reason A&M has a chance is because upsets do happen. And make no mistake, If they beat Texas, it will be an upset.
After really thinking about the schedual, I think they will go 8-3, winning one of there last three but losing to someone they shouldnt (K-State or Clemson, maybe OSU) As far as Texas, UT shouldnt take A&M lightly. Now as far as UT, this year isnt a given. Its at A&M, Reggie is wanna go out with a bang (he came in with one after all). A&M has I think 17 returning starters, more experince with 48 lettermen. What could put them over the top though is Kyle Field (I mean come on, it was rated 2nd toughest place to play). Yes it'll be a upset, but not of great magnitude.
Old 08-16-2005   #16
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
A&M could very easily lose 6 games.

at Clemson (L)
SMU (W)
Texas (W)
Baylor (W)
at Colorado (L)
Oklahoma State (W)
at Kansas State (L)
Iowa State (W)
at Texas Tech (L)
at Oklahoma (L)
Texas (L)

Those aren't predictions (I think they could beat Colorado, Kansas State and Texas), just games that they have a good chance of losing.

Texas A&M never does well against Texas, so i suspect that will be an Aggies loss And I HOPE so as well !!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #17
Panther5407
All Pro

Fine lets just do the same as last year, the #17 team in preseason rankings will end up #2. Kinda of follow in Auburns footsteps. (I know, wont happen but I can wish).
Old 08-17-2005   #18
GetItHowULive
Rookie

Quote:
I couldn't have said it better myself,Huge. the obvious difference is RAW talent. I am not downing A&M's squad, I am just saying that they better up their game against Texas- those guys (Texas) are THIRSTY for an even better season than last year

Last edited by GetItHowULive; 08-17-2005 at 01:43 PM.
GetItHowULive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005   #19
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

A&M doesn't have a single "give me" game on the road this year. Throw in the fact that they host Texas to end the season, and they could easily lose a few games this year.
Old 08-21-2005   #20
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Also, A&M has a very long streak of losing at Tech. When was the last time they won there, 1991?
I think the last Aggie win in Lubbock was 93, 95 being the year of the 14-7 win thank to the Zach Thomas INT being taken back for the winning TD. Since then Tech has almost dominated the series, I think the Aggies have only won one or two games since then.

I also think this may be the year the the BIG 12 south is really a mess, I don't see any team I think can run the table. UT has it's issues with OU and I think they have issues at the skill positions, OU last alot to the draft/graduation, A&M I don't think is quite there yet, OSU has a new coach, and Tech has it's usually questions (gimmikc O and suspect D). SHould prove to be fun.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read