Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-07-2004   #21
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
Thats right I was so pissed when I heard he was commiting to OU, Most of OUs roster is from Texas, if half of those guys went to UT we would have a powerhouse.
the problem isn't the talent, the problem is the coaching. if you can't do anything with the talent, it doesn't matter who you bring in.

Quote:
If I understand right this Peterson kid was a longtime Longhorn fan and had every intention of going there. Then he was at a OU/UT game or watched one and decided they were much better than UT so he went there.
being a fan is only so much, if he saw that he has a better chance to do big things at OU then he has to take advantage of that, he knows that he won't get to play for anything at UT, except maybe a berth in the holiday bowl
Old 11-07-2004   #22
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I still like Benson better than Peterson. Benson has a higher YPC, almost twice as many TD's, more yards from scrimmage, and is the primary reason Texas has only 1 loss. Peterson has the luxury of playing with a Heisman QB. Benson has the luxury of playing with a QB that is just learning of an invention known as the "forward pass". Peterson might be better in the long run, but I think Benson is better right now.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004   #23
astrofan
Veteran

who cares about the long run
astrofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004   #24
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Peterson is the better talent. Benson is the better RB (right now).

As for Heisman comparisons...

Benson - 242 carries, 1,438 yards (5.9 avg.), 17 TDs
Peterson - 239 carries, 1,373 yards (5.7 avg.), 9 TDs
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004   #25
longhornjag
Rookie

Those numbers should speak for themselves. Peterson is not the best rb in the nation, he's not even the best in the Big 12. He is a good back, but the only reason he's getting so much hype is because he's a freshman. His numbers wouldn't catch nearly as much attention otherwise (just look at benson).
longhornjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004   #26
Haams
All Pro

[quote=Houston Sooner]I just hope he doesn't get screwed and not be invited to New York..

/QUOTE]

I do
Haams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004   #27
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i saw this kid play when he was in highschool,,,We/Huntsville played him and he ran all over us and we had a fairly good D !!! He had like 400 hundred rushing yards on us,,, i guess i can brag huh
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-09-2004   #28
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornjag
Those numbers should speak for themselves. Peterson is not the best rb in the nation, he's not even the best in the Big 12. He is a good back, but the only reason he's getting so much hype is because he's a freshman. His numbers wouldn't catch nearly as much attention otherwise (just look at benson).
You're right, they should speak for themselves when talking about the Heisman. But it's been called the "Hypesman" for a number of years now for a reason.

Watch, Benson will win the Doak Walker and will finish higher in every other "Player of the Year" award that there is. But because of its nature, Peterson will finish higher in the Heisman voting.
Old 11-10-2004   #29
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Look at the undefeated teams. Find the guy that is the star offensive player for that team. If they score a lot, that player is a Heisman Candidate. IT has become the biggest impact player on a great team instead of the best player in the country. The system is flawed.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004   #30
Houston Sooner
Rookie

Hammhock,

So you really wish Peterson doesn't get invited to NYC? Hmm.. I bet he goes before Bluntsen
Houston Sooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #31
Huge
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Look at the undefeated teams. Find the guy that is the star offensive player for that team. If they score a lot, that player is a Heisman Candidate. IT has become the biggest impact player on a great team instead of the best player in the country. The system is flawed.
Guess that rules out Peterson.

Quote:
Hammhock,

So you really wish Peterson doesn't get invited to NYC? Hmm.. I bet he goes before Bluntsen
Two witty twists on names in one posts. Remarkable.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read