Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 07-16-2007   #1
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Steve Slaton?

http://www.dailymail.com/story/Sport...-championship/

Does he really stay if he does not win a championship? The money in the NFL is ridiculous. I hope he goes pro regardless, he would look great in a Texans uniform.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #2
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58841 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steve Slaton?

The Texans need this guy. No Reggie. No AD. For the love of Allah get Slaton!

Probably be past over for a Defensive Lineman.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #3
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post

The Texans did not pass on Peterson, but hey facts are not important when trying to be sarcastic right?

I hope the Texans are picking way after this guy is drafted, because it means they had a good season. To hell with next years draft, I want the season to start.

Old 07-16-2007   #4
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure we'll have our Choices between McFadden, Ray Rice and Steve Slaton.

Given the Choice, McFadden has the talent level to be the next LT. Had an mazing year last year but this year there's going to be targets on him.

Darkhorse will be Mike Hart... if they all come out early next year could be an amazing year to pick up a RB.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #5
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Boo-friggin'-hoo... Reggie Bush.... Whaaaa!!!!

You've got to be the biggest titty-baby on this board.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #6
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58841 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take a playmaker over a lazy combine warrior that is stupid enough to let a groupie film him breaking the law, stupid enough to wear a tank top while representing his team on a national formal interview, and who has a pass rush technique inferior to most high school juniors.

Call me crazy.
Old 07-16-2007   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll take a playmaker over a lazy combine warrior that is stupid enough to let a groupie film him breaking the law, stupid enough to wear a tank top while representing his team on a national formal interview, and who has a pass rush technique inferior to most high school juniors.

Call me crazy.
One friggin year, geez get a life and learn some football. I am seriously doubting if you are a real Texan fan you seem more like a troll every time you post.

Sponsored links
Old 07-16-2007   #8
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
One friggin year, geez get a life and learn some football. I am seriously doubting if you are a real Texan fan you seem more like a troll every time you post.

People that think Mario is on the same level as Reggie either don't understand football, or are stupid homers that refuse to face reality.
Old 07-16-2007   #9
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
People that think Mario is on the same level as Reggie either don't understand football, or are stupid homers that refuse to face reality.

People that keep crying about the scatback are either titty-babies or stupid titty-babies that refuse to go away.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #10
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Call me crazy.
Not that Reggie hasn't done anything illegal himself or isn't allowed at USC games oh wait. As for Reggie ,as phenominal an athlete he is, he really landed in a perfect situation where he wasn't expected to carry a full load, they didn't often ask him to run between the tackles for tough yards(everytime i saw him take it between the tackles he got lit) and was surrounded by a good offense. While he wouldn't have been a major bust here i just don't see him suceeding on a high level that he'd be used to here. His taunts against the bears fired that defense up too and cost them.

For all the talk AP will be good but he wasn't there at 10 or wouldn't have been at 8 either and the way this team has been the past few years to move up one spot to Minnesota's place would've taken a third prolly. We need ALL the draft picks we can get and did wise not to move up.

Like i said assuming going RB is what we're looking at first round next year IMO it'll be a bumper crop to choose from. Explosive offenses are nice and smothering defenses are fun to watch as well. But consistancy on both sides of the ball usually is what wins championships. Unfortunately due to past personnel and coaching moves we're lacking on both sides far as talent is concerned.

This past offseason we've done what we could to correct the matter and it should be of some significance that the Staffthat was brought in took a 2-14 team and tripled the win total and almost pulled out a few other games. That's all lost in the hype though.Not saing we should be satisfied but encouraged that we're making good personnel moves finally, have a morethen competant coaching staff that can set game plan forward and put the players in a position to succeed(big difference from the ol Capers "lack of execution")

Unfortunately the first two picks of the past two drafts have been at tough positions that may take time to develop. Mario still did a heck of job running on one wheel and i expect bigger things from him this year and i think he'll be the primary beneficiary of drafting Amobi. I know it wasn'ta completely popular pick but the upside on this kid is through the ceiling.

I know is frustrating when you want this team to succeed terribly and are tired of being at the bottom of the league. Digging yourself into a hole doesn't take a day but neitehr does digging yourself out. We'll field a competetive team this year i believe especially if our overall talent pool has been upgraded via the draft, smart frugal FA signings(given our cap situation, and even addition by subtraction. If we can put a few things together and getthingsh eaded in the right direction we'll have cap space next season and Rick smith seems smart enough to not put us in cap hell again.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #11
real

Sorry fellas, but I too think we should have drafted Reggie...

I love Mario and think he's going to be a really good player, but I just can't honestly sit here and say that I think Mario was/is going to be the better player....
Old 07-17-2007   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Yes but you are not crying like a 4 year old girl who got her dress dirty now are you. You do not bring it up in almost every single one of you post now do you?

I understand some wanted bush, some wanted vy, some wanted to trade down, but don't you think it is time to stp pitching a freakin fit already? Either that or go root for another team for crying out loud.

Personnaly, I am sick of hearing about it.
Old 07-17-2007   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Spec, I am really convinced that we should have drafted Reggie Young....

Old 07-17-2007   #14
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Spec, I am really convinced that we should have drafted Reggie Young....

I thought it was vince bush? or Is it reggie vick or michael young?

oh crap now I am confussed.
Old 07-17-2007   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

You're all messed up. It's Ron Young and Reggie Mexico.
Old 07-18-2007   #16
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 116 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

how in gods name did we get this far off topic.

Slaton would solve everything. a trio of Slaton Green and Dayne whould give us an unstopable run game.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
how in gods name did we get this far off topic.

Slaton would solve everything. a trio of Slaton Green and Dayne whould give us an unstopable run game.
Simple.... Slaton is a running back. Running back discussions (here) always revert to that receiver guy in New Orleans.

But the floor is yours to get back onto Slaton.
Old 07-18-2007   #18
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Steve Slaton = Reggie Bush with vision. I'll take him or Ray Rice, either would make my day.
Old 07-18-2007   #19
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
Steve Slaton = Reggie Bush with vision.
Are you saying Reggie doesn't have vision ?
Old 07-18-2007   #20
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Are you saying Reggie doesn't have vision ?
Out of fear that this will yet again be turned into a Bush thread, I'll take that back and simply say I like Slaton's ability to run both inside and out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read