Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-15-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default jags.com editor. A little bit of praise

Quote:
Andy from Jacksonville: Who are your top five receivers in the game now and top five future breakouts?
Vic: Top five receivers now: Andre Johnson, Torrey Holt, Steve Smith, Lee Evans, Tony Gonzalez. Five future breakouts: Santonio Holmes, Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings, Reggie Brown, Owen Daniels.
http://www.jaguars.com/News/Article.aspx?id=6131
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007   #2
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: jags.com editor. A little bit of praise

no marvin harrison!?!??!...

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007   #3
hellbentforfootball
Rookie

Rep Power: 220 hellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respected

No Chad Johnson?
hellbentforfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007   #4
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
no marvin harrison!?!??!...
No Reggie Wayne or CJ more importantly.

He could also learn how to spell Torry Holt.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I also feel like Hines Ward should be in the Top 5 somewhere.

BTW, Lee Evans!!?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #6
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I also feel like Hines Ward should be in the Top 5 somewhere.

BTW, Lee Evans!!?
2 years ago I would have Hines Ward in the top 5, now I think he is slipped to top 10. To me he is very like Eric Moulds, he just peaked out and sustained it longer. I would put Ward as a top 5 NO.2 I think he is more posession than AJ. AJ has it all, Posession, long ball, Jump ball, YAC.
Old 07-16-2007   #7
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1965 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think we have seen all A.J. can do. He has been on a texans team with no legitimate #2 virtually since day 1 and he has had Carr the entire time throwing the ball until now. I'm looking forward to seeing AJ improve and cement himself as a top 5 receiver.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-16-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ (to me) was a given. I like the mention of Owen Daniels as being one of the "Five Future Breakouts"
Old 07-16-2007   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

happy to see aj on a top 5 list.. too bad that list is a piece of crap
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #10
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
happy to see aj on a top 5 list.. too bad that list is a piece of crap
Well, you have to remember that it is from jags.com. Based on that, the list is a lot better than one could imagine that they could come up with.
Old 07-16-2007   #11
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

I like our boys being on there too but ya gotta remember that those very 2 players were insturmental in draggin Jag DBs up & down the field last year ... AJ for even longer. Kinda liked a bad dream that you can't wake up from.
Old 07-16-2007   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to say that I adore Vic from jags.com. I don't always agree with him, but he has strong opinions, is funny, has a sense of history and is straight talking. People dish it at him, and he dishes it right back.
Old 07-17-2007   #13
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
2 years ago I would have Hines Ward in the top 5, now I think he is slipped to top 10. To me he is very like Eric Moulds, he just peaked out and sustained it longer. I would put Ward as a top 5 NO.2 I think he is more posession than AJ. AJ has it all, Posession, long ball, Jump ball, YAC.
Meh, I think that was more Big Ben's fault that he didn't have the a great year last year. But hey Ben had to struggle one year.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read