Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-15-2007   #1
techrecruit1

Default Ricky Williams

I stopped following Ricky or the news stopped following him but have you heard much about where he is these days. Did he clean up and clear his head yet? Did he have to pay back that boatload of cash they were going to hit him up for?
Old 07-15-2007   #2
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ricky Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by techrecruit1 View Post
I stopped following Ricky or the news stopped following him but have you heard much about where he is these days. Did he clean up and clear his head yet? Did he have to pay back that boatload of cash they were going to hit him up for?
Well last I heard he was applying for reinstatement. Had he gotten it, he would have been reinstated and ready to go for training camp. Apperently he failed a drug test and his application for reinstatement was put in hold foir a few months. I think he has to go clean for a few months and oif he does that, he can be reinstated by the first game of the season o=r so. Problem is, he would have no training camp, no preseason, etc.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007   #3
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't he also have a 4 game suspension? Either way i think the Dolphins still hold his rights and i thought i heard Cameron after this last testing positive incident wanted nothing to do with Ricky.

He could prolly be had for a late round pick (conditional possibly). I'm sure it'll resurface in the next few months and we'll find out. Just not sure about the baggage he carries ,whether fully deserved or not, goes along with him. I think it'd be good for him to land ona smaller market team and quietly re-hab his career as a part timer splitting the load. Ideally a place like Buffalo or GB.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007   #4
techrecruit1

Seems like he'll be back when he runs out of cash. Teaching Yogo surely couldn't pay what he's been used to getting playing ball

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read