Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-23-2004   #41
DominatorDavis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominatorDavis
I would like to see Wand in there as well but he is still just too raw. In the time that he was on the playing field last year he looked lost and confused. I hope he develops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue
You aren't watching the same games I am watching. He was a surprisingly solid run blocker when I saw him play and didn't strike me as a player who looked "lost and confused".
OK, Wand did have some successful run blocks in the time that he was in there - and his upside is very good. But as far a starting right now I dont think that he has the pass play protection down yet. If he did - why didnt Capers and Palmer put him in there? It is his first year, going into his second - He is raw despite what you saw. He certainly didnt dominate the game and let me clairify by saying that he looked lost and confused on pass protection assignments. And that is typical of a rookie offensive tackle. I am not knocking the guy - he's a hoss and I like him. And I want him to dominate the NFL, but he is not ready. Unless there is something that I missed? I guess that that is my point - I should have explained myself better.
DominatorDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004   #42
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree he isn't ready. I have been calling him a 3 year project since the start of last year. We actually agree as far as that goes. I just took issue with the lost and confused part.

I think we see eye-to-eye on this one for the most part.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004   #43
Texansbacker
Veteran

You guys all make good points. I am just glad that we have a little depth and nobody is talking about Jimmy Herndon.
Texansbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004   #44
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

well your right about that...no one is talking about herndon thank god...but i wouldn't say this is a good spot for us to be in with LG...we're trying to figure out who would be better to play a spot and our choices are a journeyman center/gaurd(washington), two second string young and raw guys(wand, weary), and brown who is coming off of an injuried season where he really only played one complete game for us...not a lot of experience...would really like to see us pick up a veteran gaurd once the june 1st cuts happen...as far as mckinney moving to gaurd...i agree i think he would be much better at it...but i really don't want washington starting center for us...the center as to make all the calls and personally would rather mckinney do that

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read