Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-16-2007   #61
real

Default Re: Reasons why this isn't a playoff year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
The line between winning and losing in the NFL is so thin that anything can happen. For example, the Texans just last year were a handful of plays from winning 10 games. Stop just one of the 80 yard TD's against the Bills, the Texans win that game. If Carr and Cook don't fumble away the first Titans game, and Cook doesn't blow another one against the Giants, there's 2 more. Make a play or two in the OT loss to the Titans, and you're looking at a 10-6 wild card contender.

Of course that works the other way as well. The Dolphins, Colts, Jags, and Browns make a couple of more plays, or the Texans don't make the plays they did i.e. Mario disrupting the 2 pointer against Miami, and maybe you're looking at another 2 win season.

But the point is, that's how close it is in this league. I mean the Super Bowl champions lost to the Texans and before that game was played, on paper, that's an automatic Colts win. And the Colts did have something to play for in that game. That's why you play the games.

Maybe switching QB's, adding Green, Okoye, a healthy Mario, maybe they make those 6-8 plays this year that wins those extra 4 games or so. You're just not going to know until they lineup and play the game, no matter what it looks like on paper before hand.

So to me, making the playoffs this year is very realistic and not just a glass full ridiculous homer expectation. But I also realize that if they don't find a way to make those 2 or 3 plays a game, they could end up below .500 again.
I agree with this man.
Old 07-16-2007   #62
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Here's the naysayers view.

First, let me say that I enjoyed your earlier post - it was very well thought out and very well presented. I didn't agree with everything you said but that's not the point .... I also didn't give you rep - intentionally. I have respect for many posters here but I don't need a status icon (the little green thingys next to your name by the "rep power" label) to let me know who has their sheet together. In fact, I just read something written by a person on another thread who had a rep of 1 or 2 that was far more insightful than what the rep power of 20-something guy had to say.

Anyway, I find the rep system here very odd - especially in what's mostly an adult environment. I used to throw it around occasionally (rarely) just to play along, but it's been a long time since I've used it. It's almost like kids' myspace pages where being on someone else's top ten list is soo important ... not really, but the feel is that of a popularity contest that I don't think adds a whole lot to the environment other than promote a form of virtual user status and heirarchy for whatever reason.

One of the things I like about hpf.com and ht.com is they don't use rep icons. I think it brings a jr. highish element to this board and if there was a way for me to hide the "Rep Power" label under my name, I would.

(I expect and invite negative rep on this post btw)
I actually enjoy it. My theory on it is that maybe it will keep some people honest instead of spamming or just fighting in order to fight. I think differences of opinion are healthy and appreciated and that sometimes a person likes to hear some feedback regarding their posts. Sometimes it is nice to see the respect factor. Maybe people think a little more and instead of throwing out insults they learn to post respectfully yet in a dissenting manor. Just to throw this out though, I've never neg repped ...that I remember...anyone and don't plan to unless people are childish. But I do enjoy reading the comments without having to pm. Its just not my goal to be #1. I really like just telling people that their post gave me pause to think or that I enjoyed it. Sometimes responding below the post gets lost in the shuffle.
Old 07-16-2007   #63
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

I see it alot like Kubes said earlier ... its harder to make this team this season as opposed to last. In my twisted mind, not just a fluff piece, its genuine.
Old 07-16-2007   #64
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

It all depends on Schaub. If he is as good as he has been hyped, then things are good. If he's another AJ Feely, things could get ugly.

I'm afraid old Matty is getting the Carr treatment, ie, not getting enough offensive help outside AJ. Green is an improvement over the crap we called RBs last year, but I think Walters is a step down from Moulds.

But, with the Titans basically losing anyone good on their team but VY, those should be two wins.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #65
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
But, with the Titans basically losing anyone good on their team but VY, those should be two wins.
What about his inevitable injury? Karma has to catch up with him at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #66
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Would you just listen to yourselves?

Has this town gotten so used to losing that we give up on them before Training Camp even starts?

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

Come on!

Do you realize that the Texas were very close to a 9-7 record last year?

We lost 3 games with less than 2 minutes to go because the offense couldn't sustain a drive.

With a QB that couldn't avoid a paper sack much less a sack from the opposing defense.

Do you losers actually expect the Houston Texans to go backwards with a "5-7" win season? Geez. Talking about a losing mentality!

NO FREAKING WAY!

The Houston Texans are moving forward. Sure we don't have the sexy players like other teams. However....

The Houston Texans will have a winning record this year!!!!!!!!!!! You can lock it up!!!!

THe Patriots won multiple Super Bowls with Tom Brady (a 6th round draft choice) and a bunch of freaking no names.

No why wonder the Houston Texans and their fans are the laughing stock of the league. This is some tough love folks.

Starting thinking like winners and quit giving up before Training Camp starts.

Quit thinking like losers!!!!!!!

</soapbox>

Nice thread. Liked your break down. I think you hit all of the sore spots.

The fact of the matter is no matter how whipped up you wanna get, Kubiack and Smith are digesting five years of bad decidsions and personal moves. I sorly want them to win. Been a long time since I was going to Oiler games waiting for a championship team in Houston once again. The fact is however, you don't have enough mules to tote this wagon. If Ahmen holds up, if they find a decent #2 if Salaam dosen"t go down, if the back seven can create a few turn overs.... you can ignore all of the ifs if you wanna. Anything is possible. They get out the gate 2-0, upset the colts....they could make a play off run. That would be the first winning streak that this club has ever had. What the roster tells me, if they don't have a lot of sub parr tallent guys stand up and do things they've never done befor, they're going to be 8-8 if they're luvcky and a lot worse if the key injuries hit the wrong people. Doesn't matter how hard I or anybody stomps and jumps around presesason....you gotta have the tallent on the team to make a play off run. Now if you go to any reputable NFL preseason mag and start counting up the rankings...it doesn't take an Einstien to realize when you don't have but a hand full of palyers ranked in the top fifteen at their respective positions or as a group, your team is devoid of NFL caliber tallent. What they have is a bunch of journeyman guys tring to keep their rice bowl intack. Now if you get the correct coaching, catch teams under the injury bug, get a few breaks with a ball bounce, get a young team to start believing...all things are possible. But over coming the tallent thingy...that is a hard row to hoe fella. And their ain't no amount of gung ho going to change the fact that this team has upgraded it's tallent, up and down the organization, but it still doesn't have enough tallent to compete against established teams. If they split with everyone within the division with this roster that will be a major feat for me this season. They just have too many back ups starting. It's that simple.

The good news is that after five years they finally have some depth. And they're going to need it. Some of their stars are on the wrong side of thirty. Agreed with you up there Toro...two drafts ought to put them within paly off range to dethrown the Colts. I didn't agree with the passing on the FS prospect in rounds four through six, but I like our last two drafts and they're the experts. Their picks were so ....unique....someone likes these guys alot. And they get paid for this. I don't.

Now as far as preannual losers thingy goes...after the '78 and '79 seasons people from around here filled up the dome after two consecutive loses to the steelers in the AFC championship games. That team like this team had a few bright stars sprinkled around a lot of journey man who played way over their tallent levels. The difference is that this team, unlike that team dosen't have enough of those guys to make a significant contribution. And I'm basing that jump on what they achieved last year with basically the same personell. So either I gotta believe that Okye is super man, or he is a tallented rookie who'll make an impact but is still learning. I don't think anyone is expecting John Randal out of the starting gate untill the kid gets some live snaps under his belt.

You gotta have a left tackle. You gotta have a competent center and you gotta have a decent #2 CB and a ball hawking saftey. You gotta have the defense, especially on this team, create turnovers. And untill I see other wise...we ain't got none of those things yet. Prattle is prattle. Untill they get an infusion of tallent we will be the whipping boys of the AFC south. No amount of jumping around and acting the fool in preseason is going to change that. Tallent matters...in any scheme. Anything is possible, but from my tree, what I'm reading between the lines, we're just as likly to go 4-12 as 9-7. They split with Tacks and get swept by Indy and Jax...there you go. That's 1-5 for the division with the nfc south and a couple of very brutal defenses to go. Won't have long to wait. If KC and Caroline runs them out of the park, it's going to be one of those years. They can't beat them, they aren't going to challange the Colts. Third game won't be no one dinged up this year for the colts. In the third game you'll get the colts locked, loaded and in the lz loaded for bear. You can believe that one for sure if you believe anything. They'll be on the road for a 4-12 season, if they start out 0-3. The o-line dosen't like all the talk. This is their year to stand up and walk the walk. Never did a team need them more than this team this season. We'll see. Persanlly I think as a group there are , all of them mind you, far too many leaks there for a lot of hope. According to ESPN's fantasy guide, not one of them should be starting for a NFL team. Not one of them. That's pretty sad. Pi$$ me off for sure.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 07-17-2007 at 11:31 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #67
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Nice thread. Liked you're break down. I think you hit all of the sore spots.
THere. I summed it up for you.

Quote:
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
Sponsored links
Old 07-17-2007   #68
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
THere. I summed it up for you.
sorry didn't mean to sprain your remaining cells.
Old 07-17-2007   #69
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is a complete joke!! Yep lets just pack it in now and not even play any games. Lets have a completely negative view on the entire season before one game is even played. Am I on the lions board or the Houston Texans, right now it is hard to tell.

There are times to be realistic, but before training camp even freakin starts is not one of them. Makes me wonder if some of you are fan(atic)s or doom sayers.
Old 07-17-2007   #70
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Am I on the lions board or the Houston Texans, right now it is hard to tell.
FIRE MILLEN!

Quote:
Old 07-17-2007   #71
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
This thread is a complete joke!! Yep lets just pack it in now and not even play any games. Lets have a completely negative view on the entire season before one game is even played. Am I on the lions board or the Houston Texans, right now it is hard to tell.

There are times to be realistic, but before training camp even freakin starts is not one of them. Makes me wonder if some of you are fan(atic)s or doom sayers.
I'm glad to see you liked it

While some of you guys, most actually, are probably in Houston and get exposed to football talk (and even Texans talk) all the time... This and hpt are my only links to intelligent football discussion. I don't mind disagreements.. but to say its a joke? Could you define that for me? Was that when I made valid points? Expressed a desire for things to work out better? Predicted a bright future? Said we were moving in the right direction?

fan -noun an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.: a baseball fan; a great fan of Charlie Chaplin.

Perhaps the most devoted fans in the world, Cubs fans, don't believe they are going to win the World Series every year... they have realistic expectations (and a curse). Being a fan doesn't mean you have to pick a team to win every game... or even win over half of them... otherwise you couldn't be a football fan (since you really can't root for the game itself to win).

I believe you thought this was a myopic fan site.

my·op·ic –adjective 2. unable or unwilling to act prudently; shortsighted.
3. lacking tolerance or understanding; narrow-minded.

From what I've seen, these aren't raiders fans, which is to say, that coming out of the first week of preseason, if we are 1-0, we won't be talking super bowl just yet..

I think you'd have a hard time categorizing me as a doom sayer as well... you know the whole bright future and all...

So tell me... what's your prediction? For the record I didn't, in this particular thread, mean to open to debate what was going to happen. Only that the moves the staff has made thus far seem to point to next year as the launching point for playoff runs. It seems however, that as a community, we wanted to discuss something else entirely.

And lastly... IMHO the time for being realistic.. is oh I don't know... always... or damn close to it...

Go Texans - oh and hell, for that matter go Lions... if they rep the NFC at least it wasn't Dallas who won the NFC!!!

Mike
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #72
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachJim View Post
I see it alot like Kubes said earlier ... its harder to make this team this season as opposed to last. In my twisted mind, not just a fluff piece, its genuine.
I agree with ya coach. But what he isn't finishing and what he can't say is this team is still a long ways off. I mean no one is going to throw in the towell befor they start. but c'om'on, they just don't have enough (high end) parts yet. I like all the journeyman guys I really do. But expecting Shanta Orr and Greenwood to suddenly start playing like Hary Carson and Lawrance Taylor is just a bit of a strech isn't it ? Expecting one of the strong safeties to become something of a ball hawking free safty after two season when neither has sniffed at greatness yet...I mean yeah it could happen. It's possile. Not likly. And Smith and Kubes can't stand in front of the podium and say our safties suck for play making. But eveybody at this point should know they do. Can they over come that...sure they could. Possible, not likly. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....it's probably a duck. They need to get out of the gate 2-0.
Old 07-17-2007   #73
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
I'm glad to see you liked it

While some of you guys, most actually, are probably in Houston and get exposed to football talk (and even Texans talk) all the time... This and hpt are my only links to intelligent football discussion. I don't mind disagreements.. but to say its a joke? Could you define that for me? Was that when I made valid points? Expressed a desire for things to work out better? Predicted a bright future? Said we were moving in the right direction?

fan -noun an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.: a baseball fan; a great fan of Charlie Chaplin.

Perhaps the most devoted fans in the world, Cubs fans, don't believe they are going to win the World Series every year... they have realistic expectations (and a curse). Being a fan doesn't mean you have to pick a team to win every game... or even win over half of them... otherwise you couldn't be a football fan (since you really can't root for the game itself to win).

I believe you thought this was a myopic fan site.

my·op·ic –adjective 2. unable or unwilling to act prudently; shortsighted.
3. lacking tolerance or understanding; narrow-minded.

From what I've seen, these aren't raiders fans, which is to say, that coming out of the first week of preseason, if we are 1-0, we won't be talking super bowl just yet..

I think you'd have a hard time categorizing me as a doom sayer as well... you know the whole bright future and all...

So tell me... what's your prediction? For the record I didn't, in this particular thread, mean to open to debate what was going to happen. Only that the moves the staff has made thus far seem to point to next year as the launching point for playoff runs. It seems however, that as a community, we wanted to discuss something else entirely.

And lastly... IMHO the time for being realistic.. is oh I don't know... always... or damn close to it...

Go Texans - oh and hell, for that matter go Lions... if they rep the NFC at least it wasn't Dallas who won the NFC!!!

Mike

If Salaam Holds, here we go with the if's agian . I think it's pie in the sky to expect Spencer back game one. I honestly believe no one knows for sure. We'll find out in about three weeks.

They could make nine and seven and probably in the AFC with all of the qaulity clubs just miss the play offs. They could win a couple with a bad call and a good bounce...11-5. But what I believe will happen is Salaam's legs will hit a wall about week six. Spencer....if he can come back at all, will be ready and be able to take over. He will be rusty but servicable. If he can't come back, if the knee swells in August, this thread is just an acedemic exercise. Because Salaam's legs will not last another seventeen weeks. And Jordan Black can't handle OLT.

That , Charles Spencer comming back and re-starting his rookie season, should move up the o-line into a top twenty to fifteen unit. To get to 11-5, the defense has to triple it's '06 output in production. That means sixty to seventy sacks and turnovers. That means four extra oportunities per game for the offense. Sure Robinson could go from a couple of picks to double digits. But with Petie Faggins matched up with the speed on the other side, and no one with the speed at free safty to help 'ol petie, where are Dante's oportunities going to come from ?
11 & 5, Posible, not likly. Gotta win ten or more for a sure shot at the play offs in the AFC.
Old 07-22-2007   #74
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

This isn't a "glass half empty" topic. You don't even HAVE a glass if you're doggin the team before they even have a day of TC. It's more like the "little paper cup the dentist has you swish and rinse with is 3/4 empty". You can what if things to death. If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle. This team made some good moves this offseason and I see no reason we can't be in the hunt for a WC spot in December. We lost several close games last year, finally beat the Colts, and went out on a high note that wasn't another team stepping on our collective jock straps. We also have a favorable schedule for hitting the.500 mark, at least. '07 will serve notice the Texans aren't stepping stones anymore. We'll be knockin on the door this year and in '08, we'll kick that playoff door in!
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007   #75
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle.
If if was a fifth we'd all be drunk.....

seriously though, you act like those of us who think this isn't an 8-10 win season are the one's with a bunch of ifs.

Mike
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007   #76
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If if was a fifth we'd all be drunk.....

seriously though, you act like those of us who think this isn't an 8-10 win season are the one's with a bunch of ifs.

Mike
I don't mean to come off like that. I have 2 BIG ifs. If MW(or Dline as a whole) has the breakout year I think he will, a lot of our other concerns on D simply disappear.
IF Matt Schaub has a fraction of the talent, pocket presence and leadership abilties we think he has, a lot of our offensive woes go bye-bye.
Those 2 players having good years will make the rest of the team seem much better and allow the coaching staff more flexabilty. No, we don't have superstars at the vast majority of positions, but we DO have some talented players that can make the total better than the sum of its parts. Proper coaching and a couple of superstars can make a huge difference. See also NE, Pittsburgh, Philly, N.O. and Cincinnati. Check out Washington to see how well it works the other way.
Old 07-22-2007   #77
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
This isn't a "glass half empty" topic. You don't even HAVE a glass if you're doggin the team before they even have a day of TC. It's more like the "little paper cup the dentist has you swish and rinse with is 3/4 empty". You can what if things to death. If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle. This team made some good moves this offseason and I see no reason we can't be in the hunt for a WC spot in December. We lost several close games last year, finally beat the Colts, and went out on a high note that wasn't another team stepping on our collective jock straps. We also have a favorable schedule for hitting the.500 mark, at least. '07 will serve notice the Texans aren't stepping stones anymore. We'll be knockin on the door this year and in '08, we'll kick that playoff door in!
1. Why can't we use a pitcher?

2. I think my head hurts from being stepped on.

3. Why can't we just pick the lock? You can break your foot doing that.

Quote:
Old 07-22-2007   #78
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
The Doc said it better than I ever could.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007   #79
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
1. Why can't we use a pitcher?

2. I think my head hurts from being stepped on.

3. Why can't we just pick the lock? You can break your foot doing that.
1. Pitchers are used in baseball and restaurants.
2. You're hearts in the right place, but you might want to pull your head out.
3. You gotta go bustin' in like John Wayne!!! We don't wanna sneak in. We wanna EXPLODE onto the scene!!! Besides, I like the nostalgia of quoting Bum Phillips.
Old 07-23-2007   #80
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
While some of you guys, most actually, are probably in Houston and get exposed to football talk (and even Texans talk) all the time... This and hpt are my only links to intelligent football discussion.

You could join the conversation here too: FanHouse Texans

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read