Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-10-2007   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Houston Day on NFL Network

This Thursday (7/12)...

2P - NFL Lost Treasures - Bum Phillips
3P - Houston Texans - The Birth of the Texans
3:30P - 2004 Houston Texans

It's not much... but it's better than nothin'...
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #2
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Day on NFL Network

At least the NFL Network knows who cares about Bum's history, even if Houston's history was done stole along with its team.

BTW, are they totally done showing the minicamp stuff? I looked on TiVO and couldn't find it. TiVO screwed me and taped the freaking Bills minicamp for me. I even had made some popcorn.
Old 07-10-2007   #3
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I think a new rookie show premiers tonight on NFL network at 7. I dont think its Hey Rookie one that Dunta was in a while back... not sure what this one is.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #4
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
At least the NFL Network knows who cares about Bum's history, even if Houston's history was done stole along with its team.

BTW, are they totally done showing the minicamp stuff? I looked on TiVO and couldn't find it. TiVO screwed me and taped the freaking Bills minicamp for me. I even had made some popcorn.
The same thing happened to me twice.

I don't have Tivo, I use the DVR with DISH.

The first taping was some other team, and the second was the Bills.

There was a screw up in the downloading of the schedule.

After the second time, I went online to the NFL network website, and the scheduling was different from DISH programming. I believe the Texans were shown right before the error in taping the Buffalo Bills.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #5
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't see any on the schedule but you might be able to catch it between showings of America's Game, The Cheerleader Playoffs and one of the NFL Follies. I'm amazed NFL Network finds enough programming to fill 24 hours a day in the offseason.

You didn't really miss much with the mini-camp "coverage". The most interesting part of it was watching Jamie Dukes somehow gain weight while sweating at least 20 lbs. of water while calling Mario Williams the next Courtney Brown.
Old 07-10-2007   #6
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Here are the links to some of it.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/minicamp#texans
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 148361 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why didn't the city sue to keep the name and history? Thats what Cleveland did. Yes, it does suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-11-2007   #8
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
This Thursday (7/12)...

3P - Houston Texans - The Birth of the Texans
3:30P - 2004 Houston Texans

It's not much... but it's better than nothin'...
That is one of the greatest NFL specials I have ever seen regarding the Oilers. It will make you laugh and it will make you cry. Just a great job by NFL Network and a 'can't miss' moment on your television.

Tivo it, DVR it, VCR it, or just call in sick. It is worth it.
Old 07-11-2007   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
I don't see any on the schedule but you might be able to catch it between showings of America's Game, The Cheerleader Playoffs and one of the NFL Follies. I'm amazed NFL Network finds enough programming to fill 24 hours a day in the offseason.

You didn't really miss much with the mini-camp "coverage". The most interesting part of it was watching Jamie Dukes somehow gain weight while sweating at least 20 lbs. of water while calling Mario Williams the next Courtney Brown.
Dukes was just calling it like he sees it. If Mario plays like he did last year, he IS the next Courtney Brown. No doubt about it.

Personally, I hope MW blows up this year and blossoms into a top flight DE. He needs more fire in his belly and he needs to improve his technique. You can't just bull rush players like he did against Wake Forest and Duke. He needs to use leverage and his hands and get to the QB. I hope his injury was really the reason he was so poor-to-average last year.

I like Dukes but he thinks he is a bit funnier than he really is. I have no problem with him saying that about Mario because it's not his job to believe in Mario, its Mario's job to make believers of the naysayers.
Old 07-11-2007   #10
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
That is one of the greatest NFL specials I have ever seen regarding the Oilers. It will make you laugh and it will make you cry. Just a great job by NFL Network and a 'can't miss' moment on your television.

Tivo it, DVR it, VCR it, or just call in sick. It is worth it.

Agreed. Probably my favorite NFL Films production.
Old 07-11-2007   #11
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Here are the links to some of it.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/minicamp#texans
What is up with the quality of the videos on NFL network? I can do a better quality video with my cell phone than the crap they put out.
Old 07-15-2007   #12
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

This may be posted somewhere else, but I happened to catch back to back shows yesterday that the NFL network did on the '78 and '79 Oilers. Man that was fun to watch.

I wish Houston would have done the same as Cleveland as well. If anything to keep the history definitively in Houston. My wife (who is from Indiana) just doesn't see the connection between the Texans and Oilers because she wasn't around for it.

Glad to know the NFL network is keeping it alive for those of us Houston fans who remember.

-Twitch
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007   #13
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 71836 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. Probably my favorite NFL Films production.
Without a doubt, it doesnít get much better than that.

I will never forget going to the dome after those losses.

It was surprising to see that Bum coached in New Orleans almost as long as he coached here (6 years here, 5 years there.)

They donít make players like Carl Mauch anymore.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They re-played the 78 and 79 Oiler's seasons on Saturday and I was able to watch it while I worked out. Watching those old films really got my psyched up. I'd forgotten a lot of those old names.

Rob Carpenter's game against the Chargers was just guts personified but they didn't even show the best of it.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read