Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-10-2007   #1
Elle

Default Endzone Celebrations

Ok, folks. We have been dogging poor Dante to death with that thread, and it NEEDS to continue. But, I had an idea for some picture posting that is actually related to this sport we find so intoxicating.

So. Here are the rules. You have to find an endzone celebration that YOU really liked, disliked or found merit with. Post a pic and name the teams playing in the game.

Now, it is NOT required that you like the team performing. I just thought it would be cool to post pics from around the league to gear us up for the season, which is...:switchin' to my Texas drawl: is just spitting distance away.

I'll start.

December 2002. Saints at Ravens. Saints scored. The WRs came together for this pic. From left to right we have Jerome Pathon, Joe Horn and Donte Stallworth. That's Boo Williams in the back.

Last edited by Elle; 07-10-2007 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-10-2007   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Endzone Celebrations

I can't stand TO... Repeat: I can't stand TO; but the Sharpie was classic:

Old 07-10-2007   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt I can find a picture, but Earl Campbell handing the ball to the ref after a TD is my favorite 'celebration'.
Old 07-10-2007   #4
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Music City Miracle

Does it really need a description?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #5
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

10/29/06 - The Houston Stomp

In OT on the 39 yard line of the Houston Texans, Vince Young breaks a 39 yard run and runs around the field blowing kisses to the cheering houston fans. Young would recieve a standing-O from an away crowd.

Old 07-10-2007   #6
real

The "Ickey Shuffle"...

Ickey Woods

Sorry don't know who the Tigers were playing in this pic....
Old 07-10-2007   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I doubt I can find a picture, but Earl Campbell handing the ball to the ref after a TD is my favorite 'celebration'.
You won't find one DB, beleive me!!! I looked hard before my first post in this thread - because that was exactly where I was going with this...
Old 07-10-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post

Music City Miracle

Does it really need a description?
Doesn't count. They cheated!!
Old 07-10-2007   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
10/29/06 - The Houston Stomp

In OT on the 39 yard line of the Houston Texans, Vince Young breaks a 39 yard run and runs around the field blowing kisses to the cheering houston fans. Young would recieve a standing-O from an away crowd.
I thought Vince seemed a "little light in the loafers"....
Old 07-10-2007   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Young would recieve a standing-O from an away crowd.
Don't confuse people leaving the stadium (the game was over) with a standing ovation.

Sure, there were a quite a few UT fans there to support their boy, but I'd say an overtime game is far from a "stomp". But go ahead, enjoy your rhetoric...it could be his best pro year.
Old 07-10-2007   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
I'll up your "miracle" with a reality check that doesn't bounce!

Old 07-10-2007   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Very nice DB!!!
Old 07-10-2007   #13
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

A great pic of the Texans playoff run:

Old 07-10-2007   #14
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Don't confuse people leaving the stadium (the game was over) with a standing ovation.

Sure, there were a quite a few UT fans there to support their boy, but I'd say an overtime game is far from a "stomp". But go ahead, enjoy your rhetoric...it could be his best pro year.
It's just a name and the way he glided into the endzone with moos at his feet I would call it a stomp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joqwtjyCfHQ

The fans jumping for joy in the background would seem to contradict your statement.

Old 07-10-2007   #15
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
I'll up your "miracle" with a reality check that doesn't bounce!

Better to be at the dance then to hear about how nice it was ..... or not even have a team at all

Old 07-10-2007   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
A great pic of the Texans playoff run:

Hey, that's the same pic of the Titans Super Bowl trophy!

We've only been a franchise for 5 years. But your franchise has been working it for decades, and the best you can settle for is being a no. 1 loser for a year. Whatever floats your boat, man! Both of our teams have the same number of NFL Championship trophies at the end of the day.

Quote:
The fans jumping for joy in the background would seem to contradict your statement.
The University of Texas is a great school and the majority of it's alumni are very successful. So it stands to reason that they can afford good seats when they go to see one of their own.

So no contradiction on my part. Just poor observation skills on your part, though (notice all the baby blue and burnt orange in the stands? Those aren't Texans colors).

On a related note, it still amazes me how much emotional baggage Young seems to harbor about beating a 6-10 team. Oh yeah, he was "dissed" and all that nonsense. Almost forgot the ego angle of the story.

Quote:
Better to be at the dance then to hear about how nice it was .....
If you say so. But I don't dance, and I'm not sure what all that has to do with football.

Quote:
..... or not even have a team at all
Well you wouldn't know about all that, since your allegiance can just pack up and leave with whatever team you decide to follow.

But I guess it's not like you have a hometown team to root for....oh wait...
Old 07-10-2007   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

billy White Shoes Johnson Oilers
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

ok I am going to break the rules because pictures don't ....just DON"T cut it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTEuVIF93Ps

team is at very top of page
Old 07-10-2007   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

was trying to find Ernest Givens and the "Electric slide"
Old 07-10-2007   #20
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
We've only been a franchise for 5 years. But your franchise has been working it for decades, and the best you can settle for is being a no. 1 loser for a year. Whatever floats your boat, man! Both of our teams have the same number of NFL Championship trophies at the end of the day.
With all of your talk of how long both teams have been around think about this one boy wonder. Last year alone the Titans accomplished more then the Texans organization has in its existence. A .500 season ..... Side step that one.

Quote:
The University of Texas is a great school and the majority of it's alumni are very successful. So it stands to reason that they can afford good seats when they go to see one of their own.
So no contradiction on my part. Just poor observation skills on your part, though (notice all the baby blue and burnt orange in the stands? Those aren't Texans colors).
So now Texans fans are too poor to afford seats but they sell out every game?

W/ season tickets on a waiting list and more then 1/2 the stands shown in the clip I linked to can you please explain why so many are chearing him on so much?

When it comes down to it these season ticket holders are truly UT fans and the Texans get them by on Sunday, they like Vince Young more then the Texans team, or you are just full of BS and when the actual play happened you were to busy throwing up in your beer cup and having tunnel vision from regret that you could not see or hear the chears echoing through your stadium.

Quote:
On a related note, it still amazes me how much emotional baggage Young seems to harbor about beating a 6-10 team. Oh yeah, he was "dissed" and all that nonsense. Almost forgot the ego angle of the story.
Leaders show emotion, losers accept defeat. Just me but I will take emotion and heart over a paycheck man any day of the week.

Quote:
Well you wouldn't know about all that, since your allegiance can just pack up and leave with whatever team you decide to follow.

But I guess it's not like you have a hometown team to root for....oh wait...
Oh a dagger ..... so hurt .....

As much as when people questioned why I would like a team that has 9 wins over the last two seasons. I like the players and I like the history I have come to grow up with. Moving from one park to another so we don't have roof tile fall on our guys is an upgrade in my book.

And if I were lucky enough to live where my team played, I sure as h*ll would not let the mayor ship the team off over a grudge.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read