Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-09-2007   #1
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ESPN's 10 worst NFL team of all time

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/foot...ams/worst.html

I laughed at 3 guys getting fined for "Inept Playing"
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #2
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ESPN's 10 worst NFL team of all time

"Things were so bad in Houston that the most exciting development was the invention of the first flak jacket for football, to protect QB Dan Pastorini's ribs. (He set an NFL record for being sacked the most times in 1971, broke it in 1972, and broke it again in 1973.) "

After further review, by knowledgeable modern day message board posters, it has been determined that Dante' was responsible for sacking himself.....

Flak jacket? What a wuss. signed D Carr.

..=..
Old 07-09-2007   #3
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 73923 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
"Things were so bad in Houston that the most exciting development was the invention of the first flak jacket for football, to protect QB Dan Pastorini's ribs. (He set an NFL record for being sacked the most times in 1971, broke it in 1972, and broke it again in 1973.) "

After further review, by knowledgeable modern day message board posters, it has been determined that Dante' was responsible for sacking himself.....

..=..
You canít just let him go, I guess. Trust me, as a Texans fan, the sooner you do the better. But, because it is mid-July and real football talk is weeks away, I will play along:

Iíve seen this stat: ďDavid Carr got sacked once every 8 times he attempted to pass. All the other Texan QBs, Tony Banks, Sage Rosenfels, etc. got sacked only once every 14-15 times they attempted to pass.Ē; does anyone know the validity of it?

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #4
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

What? No appreciation for a 2-14 Houston Texans team? To think that after all that pain and suffering, and we still didn't make the top 10 worst NFL teams? I guess they weren't even good at sucking.
Old 07-09-2007   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Horror View Post
What? No appreciation for a 2-14 Houston Texans team? To think that after all that pain and suffering, and we still didn't make the top 10 worst NFL teams? I guess they weren't even good at sucking.
I was really glad we didn't make that list. If the Bucks and Colts (who were on the list repeatedly) can go to Superbowls, so can we.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #6
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the 2-14 versus 1-15 really saved us from being in the minds of many fans. Other thoughts were that much of the nation thought that we not really that bad versus "tanking" for certain player(s). Also, even though the Texans were actually ranked worse on defense than offense, the perception was that the only significant thing wrong with the 2005 Texans was the OL. The final thing is that the Texans are really so far under the national radar that people simply have forgotten/never truly aware that the Texans were near the very bottom of both offense and defense in that year. It was one for ages and hopefully we will forget about it as much as the rest of the nation has.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post

..=..
He did not need one since he had perfected the Fresno flop and installed a Black & Decker Laser Sight Line into his ocular hole to throw crisp passes along the line of scrimmage.
Old 07-09-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Where's the love for the '89 Gurls at 1-15?!?!?
Old 07-09-2007   #9
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
The final thing is that the Texans are really so far under the national radar that people simply have forgotten/never truly aware that the Texans were near the very bottom of both offense and defense in that year. It was one for ages and hopefully we will forget about it as much as the rest of the nation has.
Hammer, meet nail. That's the one.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #10
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 07-09-2007   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
He did not need one since he had perfected the Fresno flop and installed a Black & Decker Laser Sight Line into his ocular hole to throw crisp passes along the line of scrimmage.
yada yada spread reputation around ...

dang it KT, we will have to put a muzzle on you, I can't keep up with the funny posts and the potential reps I am trying to give you
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #12
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Apparently that is a really old article:

Quote:
The Panthers set an NFL record last season, losing 15 straight after their season-opening 24-13 victory over the Vikings.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read