Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-05-2007   #1
Rocky79
Rookie

Default New madden screenshots feature AJ

No real point to this, but the fact that the shot shows AJ freaking a Tack shows that they are officialy our madden designated #1 rival. Everytime I buy a madden game, I curse myself and promise to not buy what is essentially the same game next year...but I always do. Also, seeing Schaubbie in the background rockin ol' number 8 gets me so jacked. I wish I could just hibernate till september.

I weep for the future...were gonna kill those damn tacks.

Rocky79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007   #2
MadBurgerMaker
Rookie

Rep Power: 16 MadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: New madden screenshots feature AJ

That looks like #30 (Green) instead of #80.

Edit: Here's the big version: http://maddenfb.com/photos/blogs/ima.../original.aspx

Last edited by MadBurgerMaker; 07-05-2007 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Big picture
MadBurgerMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007   #3
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

What - no pacifier? I always think of AJ with the big guard:

Old 07-05-2007   #4
Rocky79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBurgerMaker View Post

Edit: Here's the big version: http://maddenfb.com/photos/blogs/ima.../original.aspx
OHHHH, youre right. That would explain why schaubbie looks like he just dropped a sick fake play action. The body type looks more like AJ, I see batman as being thicker. Regardless, the tacks are gonna run into a buzzsaw when they bring VY and his cast of nobodies to the H.

All the VY jersey wearing front runners are gonna leave Reliant with a new respect for the hometown team.

Old 07-05-2007   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky79 View Post
OHHHH, youre right. That would explain why schaubbie looks like he just dropped a sick fake play action. The body type looks more like AJ, I see batman as being thicker. Regardless, the tacks are gonna run into a buzzsaw when they bring VY and his cast of nobodies to the H.

All the VY jersey wearing front runners are gonna leave Reliant with a new respect for the hometown team.

I think it's AJ. Notice the nose? He has a black breather patch across his nose which AJ aways wears.
Old 07-05-2007   #6
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice picture. I can't wait for football to start again. I probably won't buy Madden this year. Last year's edition disappointed me and I just don't think it's worth the money anymore. I may buy it when the price drops a bit.
Old 07-05-2007   #7
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I think it's AJ. Notice the nose? He has a black breather patch across his nose which AJ aways wears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBurgerMaker View Post
It's the awesome Ahmad Johnson/Andre Green monster. Similiar to the Dallas Clark monster of last year's Madden game, the Ahmad Johnson not only catches, but all can run the ball. He can even pass the ball to himself. In fact, the only player known to tackle an Ahmad Johnson is another Ahmad Johnson...
Old 07-05-2007   #8
Rocky79
Rookie

Quote:
Now I dont know what to think, I also thought that ahman wears those half arm forearm pad deals. The guy in the screen shot has the glove/wristband combo like AJ. Maybe it is some weird hybrid. If I could create houston athlete hybrids, I would make the short drive out to hempstead, pull one of Ray Childress' hairs, and if I survived that, I'd cross him w/ mario and make the baddest D-lineman EEEVVAAAARR!!

Old 07-05-2007   #9
MadBurgerMaker
Rookie

Rep Power: 16 MadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Horror View Post
It's the awesome Ahmad Johnson/Andre Green monster. Similiar to the Dallas Clark monster of last year's Madden game, the Ahmad Johnson not only catches, but all can run the ball. He can even pass the ball to himself. In fact, the only player known to tackle an Ahmad Johnson is another Ahmad Johnson...

Sounds good to me!
MadBurgerMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007   #10
Chrispy
Rookie

Awesome screen shot. Nice detail of the stadium. I can actually see myself up in 611! Less than 6 weeks 'til we'll be there guys. Go Texans!
Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007   #11
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky79 View Post
If I could create houston athlete hybrids, I would make the short drive out to hempstead, pull one of Ray Childress' hairs, and if I survived that, I'd cross him w/ mario and make the baddest D-lineman EEEVVAAAARR!!

Awesome card Rock!
Old 07-05-2007   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 376190 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing Madden does this year will convince me to buy it. I'm tired of dishing out hard-earned cash for a half-arsed product.

All Pro Football 2k8 and NCAA Football 2008 will be my football games this year.
Old 07-05-2007   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Nothing Madden does this year will convince me to buy it. I'm tired of dishing out hard-earned cash for a half-arsed product.

All Pro Football 2k8 and NCAA Football 2008 will be my football games this year.
Do they have those in PS2 format? Yeah, I know I'm a little outdated. lol

Are the graphics just as good as Madden?
Old 07-05-2007   #14
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103999 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I finally broke down and bought an xbox 360 last year just for madden. It sucked. If you don't mind the graphics of the old engine, the PC version was much much better. You could shift the OL blocking scheme at the line of scrimmage, you could set audible safeties to double cover someone at the line, so much more real football in this one.

Mike
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do they have those in PS2 format? Yeah, I know I'm a little outdated. lol

Are the graphics just as good as Madden?
I'm with you there. I am just now figuring out PS2, so I hope they make those games for us...
Old 07-05-2007   #16
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

its green (behind/level with LOS)
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007   #17
Il_Bruno
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Il_Bruno was voted MVPIl_Bruno was voted MVPIl_Bruno was voted MVP

sorry bill, but the ps2, the xbox and the gamecube have all gone the way of the dinosaur. its all about this next-gen stuff now. one thing ive done with my old madden is just update the roster on my own whenever i can, that way you dont have to keep pulling out 30 or so bucks for the same game every year.

and texanmike, couldnt agree more. The graphics are beautiful on the next-gen versions but the actual gameplay is pretty horrific. Then again, i still play ESPN 2K5, which is still my football game of choice, back when the texans still had jay foreman and kailee wong as starting LBs
Il_Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007   #18
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

Yeah, Sure looks like AJ, you would expect Green to look a bit chunkier and smaller in height. Looking good though, Liking seeing Schaub in the background.

I so wish they would bring NCAA out over here in the UK, Madden does get boring, and after having read about NCAA it looks amazing. But obviously the Market isnt available over here so we just get Madden every year. Suppose I should be thankful for that.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il_Bruno View Post
sorry bill, but the ps2, the xbox and the gamecube have all gone the way of the dinosaur.
*cusses, hits desk and vows to get rid of VHS and buy a DVD and a TV with a remote control*
Old 07-05-2007   #20
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

The photo is foreshadowing what will happen this season.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read