Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2004   #1
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The true test

If you think about it.. we were SUPPOSED to win against the jags. Those are the type of games we always show up for. After a bye, against a division rival.. we may not have always WON in those situations.. but we almost always showed up for those games and gave it a good shot.

This week though.. against Denver.. this will be the true test. After a big game like the jags, we have a habit of falling apart the next week. Against the Vikings is a good example.. that first half, that was TERRIBLE. We couldnt do ANYTHING on offense and our defense gave up 21 points in no time. Luckily we got back in the game.. but still, if we had come out playing like that from the beggining.. we may be celebrating our 5th straight win right now.

The Bengals comes to mind when I think of this weeks game. Its gonna be a real test of how far we have come.. if we come out against Denver stale.. then you know we still have alot of growing to do. But if we come out against Denver firing on all cylinders and looking to the playoffs.. then you know we are ready for some post season action.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004   #2
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

No team is supposed to win any game IMO. It's anyone's game so this game against the Jags was big. We do need to go into Denver firing on all cylinders, true, but when don't we?

I think we'll be okay....Champ Bailey isn't playing like himself.....IMO! John Lynch is out and so is one of their best lineman. I think the Texans will be able to exploit those weaknesses fairly well....I just hope Carr heals up enough to where he doesn't have to be favoring that one ankle when moving around.
Old 11-02-2004   #3
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08
No team is supposed to win any game IMO. It's anyone's game so this game against the Jags was big. We do need to go into Denver firing on all cylinders, true, but when don't we?

I think we'll be okay....Champ Bailey isn't playing like himself.....IMO! John Lynch is out and so is one of their best lineman. I think the Texans will be able to exploit those weaknesses fairly well....I just hope Carr heals up enough to where he doesn't have to be favoring that one ankle when moving around.
Ya apparently we really need to protect ankles against these guys. [/cheap shot]
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read