Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-03-2007   #1
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1347 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tank Johnson was sober after all......

GILBERT, Ariz. (AP) -- Tank Johnson's blood alcohol level was below the legal limit when the former Chicago Bears tackle was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving June 22.

Johnson's blood alcohol level was .072, under the presumptive limit in Arizona of .08 percent, police Sgt. Andrew Duncan said Monday. No charges have been filed pending results of a completed investigation.

Johnson, whose legal name is Terry Darnell Johnson, was arrested when officers pulled him over at 3:30 a.m. for driving 40 mph in a 25 mph zone. Duncan said an officer placed him under arrest because he believed Johnson was under the influence of alcohol. He was released without being booked or charged after providing a blood sample, and police said he was very cooperative.

The 25-year-old player was released by the Bears three days after his arrest. The team said it was "upset and embarrassed" by the defensive tackle's legal troubles.

The Bears declined comment Monday.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Well, a lawsuit is coming down the piike.... Maybe we should sign him once the suspension is up...
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Tank Johnson was sober after all......

Well, let's not make him out to be a saint or anything. He did drink, and then he drove. Furthermore, nothing good ever happens at 2AM. He put himself in a bad position, even if he does manage to get out of it.

The Bears, on the other hand, jumped the gun on this one, and they probably should get sued for it.
Old 07-03-2007   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish I could say the same thing about the Bears jumping the gun, but I supported this guy when he got out of jail, thinking he sounded remorsefull and serious about staying out of trouble. I bought his act too. Even though he was found to be under the limit or whatever, he still is putting himself in bad situations. As Eriadoc says, nothing good happens at 2:00am.
Old 07-03-2007   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
The Bears, on the other hand, jumped the gun on this one, and they probably should get sued for it.
He can't sue the nfl for releasing him because it does not prevent him from getting another job with another team,plus I think they are still on the hook for this years salary.

His dumbass should not have been out drinking after 2 am, much less midnight. The Bears told him upfront, they would have a zero tolerance policy. That is exactly what they did. He brought it upon himself to be an ignorant dumbass and be out at that time and have .072 blood alcohol level.
Old 07-03-2007   #5
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't understand why this guys just don't take a cab. What will it cost them for a night? $100 bucks...... I think they can afford that.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, let's not make him out to be a saint or anything. He did drink, and then he drove.
You got it pal. Dang I like this new commish - anybody that has something that approachs a zero tolerance attitude for D & D gets my vote.
Too bad the larger soceity does not have a policy (laws I guess), of taking anybody and everybody from behind the wheel of a car if they have "ANY" booze in their system.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #7
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, let's not make him out to be a saint or anything. He did drink, and then he drove. Furthermore, nothing good ever happens at 2AM. He put himself in a bad position, even if he does manage to get out of it.

From what I understand, a player can be released from a team at any time. I applaud the Bears for going this route. I just think it's too bad that it took them so long.

How long until Pac Man gets HIS walking papers?

And he blew .072 so saying he was sober is misleading. People can be fairly sober, even when they blow over and people can be fall-down drunk and not blow over. Body weight has a large part to play in it too.
Old 07-03-2007   #8
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Tank Johnson was sober after all......

1. Nothing good happens after 2 AM (best espisode of "How I Met Your Mother", ever!).

2. Nothing good happens at strip clubs. (more Pacman than Tank!)

3. You're frickin' rich. Take a cab, limo, etc. Period.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #9
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
Here's an idea I suggested to the Saints back a few years ago when a guy was picked up at 2am in the Quarter. Call up a towing company and cook a deal. Get a good rate for high volume. Load up the car, put the player in the truck and deliver them home. That wouldn't cost more that $50 a pop. The cab thing wouldn't work well in NOLA because the car would probably be gone the next day.

I mean, it's not rocket science!

Around here the news is always reporting shootings and car wrecks at 2-4 am. People are stupid.
I meant that they should take a cab from their home. Don't even drive your car at all that night. But I know why they don't do that, cause they wanna ride in Style, in their nice lexus, mercedes, etc. And if they pick up a girl, a cab would be awkard for them.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #10
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
I meant that they should take a cab from their home. Don't even drive your car at all that night. But I know why they don't do that, cause they wanna ride in Style, in their nice lexus, mercedes, etc. And if they pick up a girl, a cab would be awkard for them.
Rent a limo, they could still afford it, plus have more fun on the way home.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
2. Nothing good happens at strip clubs.

Au contraire!!
Old 07-03-2007   #12
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaad View Post
From what I understand, a player can be released from a team at any time. I applaud the Bears for going this route. I just think it's too bad that it took them so long.

How long until Pac Man gets HIS walking papers?

And he blew .072 so saying he was sober is misleading. People can be fairly sober, even when they blow over and people can be fall-down drunk and not blow over. Body weight has a large part to play in it too.
I heard on the radio, that the difference between Pac Man and Tank is their importance to their team. The radio guy was questioning if it was Tommie Harris, not Tank Johnson that was in trouble. The Bears wouldn't have let him go and that is why the titans still allow Pac Man to hang around.
Old 07-03-2007   #13
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
I heard on the radio, that the difference between Pac Man and Tank is their importance to their team. The radio guy was questioning if it was Tommie Harris, not Tank Johnson that was in trouble. The Bears wouldn't have let him go and that is why the titans still allow Pac Man to hang around.

Maybe it is the class of the owner. (or in the titans case lack there of)
Old 07-03-2007   #14
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

God is good. I remember a time that I didn't leave the late show at the club until 4:00 a.m, after having a few drinks. I don't do the d&d anymore, but I don't have a self imposed curfew either. If someone is bent on doing the right or wrong thing, time of day won't matter. There are times I am out just having a good time, perhaps a friends gathering, and I am on the streets late, and although I don't drive reckless, I probably don't observe school zone hours either.

If the Bears were embarrassed to keep Johnson on the team, then cutting him is their call to make. If Johnson was legally intoxicated, then he should have been treated in the same manner as anyone else in that situation. However, if not, then I don't agree with imposing "close enough" consequences. If he was speeding, and apparently he was, then a ticket was in order. IMO, this is the way it should be, but unfortunately in the case of high profile individuals, appearance is more important than reality.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #15
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Maybe it is the class of the owner. (or in the titans case lack there of)
Good point as well.
Old 07-03-2007   #16
Immobilarity
Made You Look

Rep Power: 16 Immobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden cover

I'm the only one here thinking, "Not legally drunk? Yeah, he's a tank alright."

Seriously though, some mentalities you will never understand.
Old 07-04-2007   #17
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1347 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
As Eriadoc says, nothing good happens at 2:00am.

Hey, sometimes this place is hopping at 2 AM....
Old 07-04-2007   #18
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Quote:
He can't sue the nfl for releasing him because it does not prevent him from getting another job with another team,plus I think they are still on the hook for this years salary.

That's why the Bears should be sued... they tried to renig on the balance owed...
Old 07-04-2007   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
That's why the Bears should be sued... they tried to renig on the balance owed...
Nope, because they were not stupid he was. He promised to not get into trouble. He got stopped at 3:30 am for speeding and he broke his promise.
Old 07-04-2007   #20
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nope, because they were not stupid he was. He promised to not get into trouble. He got stopped at 3:30 am for speeding and he broke his promise.
hahaha.. got released for speeding..

i like tank... and i hope he gets signed by someone...
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read