Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-03-2007   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Live Draft Fantasy Football

I will be doing my live draft league again this year. I'll set aside more time for the draft, and have some ideas to better organize it. Everyone from last year has first dibs. 12 teams max. Free Yahoo, you're on your own if you want Stat Tracker.

If you want to join, you must be able to make a live draft some time in July/August. Probably on a weekend afternoon (as most people are free then).
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #2
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Live Draft Fantasy Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I will be doing my live draft league again this year. I'll set aside more time for the draft, and have some ideas to better organize it. Everyone from last year has first dibs. 12 teams max. Free Yahoo, you're on your own if you want Stat Tracker.

If you want to join, you must be able to make a live draft some time in July/August. Probably on a weekend afternoon (as most people are free then).
Put me at the top of the wait list. Can never have too much fantasy football.

Rick
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Live Draft Fantasy Football

MUST actively manage your teams. I don't want to see you starting 3 injured guys and 2 guys on a buy week.

Also, must be willing to take and give smack talk. Some times R rated smack talk (I don't encourage the R rated part, but it happens).
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 07-03-2007   #4
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Put me down Yank. August is better for me though for a live draft.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007   #5
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
MUST actively manage your teams. I don't want to see you starting 3 injured guys and 2 guys on a buy week.

Also, must be willing to take and give smack talk. Some times R rated smack talk (I don't encourage the R rated part, but it happens).
Not a problem. One caveat: I have started 2 guys on a bye week before, but it was a strategic move based upon league rules. But, yes, I understand your point. I am very competitive. And I cannot get enough fantasy football.

Smack. Not a problem either. If a space opens up in the league, you will see that.
Old 07-04-2007   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I want in to Yank please put my name down
Old 07-04-2007   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

let me in

also i have a fantasy league that has a draft on july 8th(sunday) at 4:00 pm CDT if any of you want to join...no password required and 7 spots still available

Name: Competitive Players League

Old 07-04-2007   #8
Da_General
Obnoxious Musician

Rep Power: 17 Da_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden cover

I'm in again, but after we set the players I'd like to start a discussion about tweaking the scoring a bit.
Old 07-05-2007   #9
whiskeyrbl

I'm game if ya got room!!!
Old 07-05-2007   #10
wicked_wayz
all blacks

im down if it i ant too late
Old 07-05-2007   #11
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

why do you have a draft during july/august and not near the start of preseason?

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007   #12
Chainsaw
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Chainsaw is on the Pro-Bowl ballotChainsaw is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Was fun last season, although there were 8 playoff spots in a 10 team league! Which was fine by me, until my team(highest scoring in league) lost to the 7 seed in the first round!LOL, man, didn't see that coming Brandi and Evan. Fun league though, can't win em all, and local live draft was cool!
Chainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007   #13
X-Man
noob

I would love to be in this years fantasy football if its not too late. Let me know if i am in or not please. datrumpetman2002@yahoo.com

thanks
X-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #14
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

I am in...EASports is doing one as well. They are giving all the usual Premium features for free this year. Just a thought if you wanted to run it there to get all the live scoring and such: www.easports.com/fantasy
dskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #15
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Yank, will you be sending out a Yahoo group invitation via PM?

Looking fwd to it.

Danke,
Rick
Old 07-18-2007   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

When?
Old 07-19-2007   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

Yank did you count me in yet
Old 07-19-2007   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Cool Re: Live Draft Fantasy Football

Hey guys - I will set up the league this weekend, re-invite last year's players, then go down my TT.com PM's next weekend
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 07-19-2007   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

Did you get my PM
Old 07-19-2007   #20
gary
Hall of Fame

Yank?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read