Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-04-2007   #61
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair ranked 7th best owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Yep, we got a bunch of Texans guys on our own Board who are all gah-gah eyed over Bush, but you're right, when it comes to performance on the field
Addai's rookie year is right there with what Drew-Jones & Bush accomplished.
And as far as any reservations I've got about some of McNair's personnel decisions, he's still my favorite owner 'cause he brought the NFL back to Houston and built a very class organization in the process.
And the organization is filled with amazingly nice nice nice people. Even when I've disagreed with some of the stuff they have done, the one constant with the organization is that the peeps that work there put a priority on being nice.
Old 07-04-2007   #62
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 54346 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

that 'offhand' remark was Reeves saying that he told McNair to draft VY...when he said it is unimportant. he said it. was Reeves lying?

Reeves never told McNair to draft VY in his consulting capacity.

actually the Cowboys won a Super Bowl after Jimmy left. Jimmy had been gone for 2 years when they won the 3rd title. Anyone with half a brain knows that the demise of the Cowboys began when Aikman retired. You can't win without a good QB and if anyone knows that it should be a Texans fan.

Yes Jimmy was gone two years. Anyone with half a brain knows that was still Jimmys players.

Who drafted Aikman? Who drafted Quincy Carter?

It's funny how that fat guy at Notre Dame is a genius Head Coach but can't beat any legit NCAA football power while Switzer is a braindead hick. Switzer took the Cowboys to 2 NFC Championship Games and won a Super Bowl....I guess that is an inconvenient truth though. Oh and damn right he was a great college coach and he was a damn good NFL coach. He is just a good football coach, period. He always had his team and coaching staff prepared and inspired to play good football both in NFL and in college. I just can't stand the cookie-cutter 'Switzer Sucks' nonsense. I am a Longhorn and can't stand Switzer as a coach but to say he wasn't any good or that he won with Jimmy's players is just wrong.

Brain dead hick? "Switzer Sucks". Your words, I never said that. Not disageeing with you though. And it is very obvious that you are a tu fan, with your unbridled love of vy.

And I did not say Switzer was a great college coach, I said he was a good college coach. Similiar to darrell royal.

Again now.. and pay attention.. 2 nfc championship games and a super bowl....with Jimmys team. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend?

that is laughable. 3 lombardi trophies during his watch. More than 90% of the teams have won in their entire existence. but whatever, he sucks. oh and the franchise isn't great? cmon now. Its one of the most recognizable names in Sports and is one of the most valued franchises in the world....oh and they are building this huge stadium that makes most NFL stadiums look like a chicken coup....but whatever, there franchise is a joke says the sheeple

Where did I say their franchise is a joke?
I only disagreed that jerruh is the second coming.

You sure do sound a lot like the poster howaboutthemcowboys who used to visit here.

Sheeple? I love it when I can get a person to resort to name calling when debating an issue.

so now I am not a fan of the Texans? do you even read the stuff you write? i know it sucks being wrong all the time about your team but don't hate on someone who has forgotten more than you have ever known about the Texans. So keep on drinking your coffee and keep on being wrong about everything and keep on homering for your boy. Weve all heard it for years and it still rings as hollow as it did back then.

You need to read this thread again. Where did I homer for my boy? You are the one who is hung up on Carr.

You haven't "forgotten more" than I have ever known about the Texans, you actually remember more, even things that haven't happened.

And I don't hate you. I like all Texan fans. That is why I am trying to educate you about all things Texan.

as for the link to the Reeves comments, its kinda tough to link an interview you heard on live radio on SR610. You know what was said, its not a big secret or some vast neo-con conspiracy. It was said and it doesn't surprise me at all. so basically your only argument is that Reeves is lying to save face. yeah, whatever. NEXT!

In other words, you can't provide a link. I suspected as much.

If I started a wikipedia entry for 'sheeple', you and caddy's faces would be used as a visual aid. I might need to put that on my Things To Do list....

oh wait, never mind its July 4th week. Happy July 4th. USA USA USA
[/quote]

Being that you insist on name calling...I suppose your face would be used for "idiotic poster". You can put that on your 'to do' list also.

Have a nice fourth. You and your stooge porkchop, who chose to interject himself into this discussion.

Old 07-04-2007   #63
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Geez, I don't even want to read half of the arguments because they are more about hating on other teams. The fact is that Jerry Jones did more for the NFL than most owners. He was the one who started having his team and things sponsored by Visa, Nike, Pepsi and other major companies. Heck he just redid another deal and now has AE as part of the new stadium deal. He brokered many of the deals that has made the NFL what it is today. He made msitakes with coaches and picks, etc but many owners have. He is the same as what people are labeling McNair..a man who is willing to spend money to get a winner.

I think McNair is a stud but I think #7 is high for how the team was run. Outside of football he is one of the tops. I think he is just scratching the surface of being a football man though.

I just see these things as the reality of the situation compared to being homer about it.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 07-04-2007 at 02:28 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007   #64
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I just see these things as the reality of the situation compared to being homer about it.
This is a subject that it is okay to be a homer about.

McNair was able to get football back where it belongs. Some might think that is easy, but ask NFL fans who live in the Los Angeles area what they think about that.

It is a miracle given the stupid national perception that Houstonians didn't care about football. Miracles make me want to dance...

Old 07-04-2007   #65
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
This is a subject that it is okay to be a homer about.

McNair was able to get football back where it belongs. Some might think that is easy, but ask NFL fans who live in the Los Angeles area what they think about that.

It is a miracle given the stupid national perception that Houstonians didn't care about football. Miracles make me want to dance...

I agree with you completely. I was just speaking more for my comments on Jerry Jones. I know some will take that as blasphemy.
Old 07-05-2007   #66
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 54346 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Geez, I don't even want to read half of the arguments because they are more about hating on other teams. The fact is that Jerry Jones did more for the NFL than most owners. He was the one who started having his team and things sponsored by Visa, Nike, Pepsi and other major companies. Heck he just redid another deal and now has AE as part of the new stadium deal. He brokered many of the deals that has made the NFL what it is today. He made msitakes with coaches and picks, etc but many owners have. He is the same as what people are labeling McNair..a man who is willing to spend money to get a winner.

I think McNair is a stud but I think #7 is high for how the team was run. Outside of football he is one of the tops. I think he is just scratching the surface of being a football man though.

Good post Frog.

Expressed your thoughts without presenting opinions as facts.

You have me nailed though...I am a homer.

Old 07-05-2007   #67
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

ranked & best are completly subjective, wins & losses however are not & can be objectively quantified (24-56). that being said the Texans as a team should improve in virtually every category because of a owner who allows his football people to excell on their own giving them the tools to "just do it" meanwhile one of the top fan bases, hungry to win, patiently waits to bask is the sun & media circus outlets

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-05-2007   #68
Historyhorn
Veteran

Rep Power: 39 Historyhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
Last year's draft was a screw up? That should be news to a lot of people considering the Texans drafted the Defensive Rookie of the Year, the most productive rookie TE in the NFL, 2 starters on the offensive line and a RB that was more productive (as a running back) than Reg Bush when he started. Hopefully they "screwed up" this year's draft that badly.
Tell me again how impactful that first pick was?

Gotta give it up on Ryans. Super pick.

I liked the picks of Spencer & Winston, but there is debate about whether Winston will turn into a player and whether Spencer will ever play again.

Lundy was fine for a number six, but his production and promise sure didn't keep us from bringing in a big FA in Green to carry the water, but to compare his season to RB, or Maurice Drew, or Adai....not even close for impact on the team.

Daniels appears to be ok for us at TE, but how many TE's were rookies that saw the playing time he did. I can think of only one (Davis) and even he saw four less games. I'm not going out on a limb yet to say that Daniels will outplay Davis consistently.

Look, from the second round on, the draft was good. Probably the best we've ever had, but when you have the first pick in a draft with more skill position difference makers than in nearly a decade and you miss all of them. That's got to be called a screw up.

Go Texans
Historyhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007   #69
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historyhorn View Post
Look, from the second round on, the draft was good. Probably the best we've ever had, but when you have the first pick in a draft with more skill position difference makers than in nearly a decade and you miss all of them. That's got to be called a screw up.

Go Texans
I think you should make up your mind....

Either you are going to go from how they produced last year, or you're going to wait and see...

You say that you're going to wait and see on everyone else, but when it comes to the Mario pick we should condemn that as a failure already?
Old 07-05-2007   #70
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
More skill position players in nearly a decade? It sounds like ESPN has you wrapped around their little finger. If you think a running QB that can't throw more TD's than INT's and barely completes 50% of his passes is the best QB of the last decade... or a 3rd down scatback that is more like Eric Metcalf than LaDainian Tomlinson is the best RB of the last decade... then you don't watch much NFL football. There is a long list of players at each of these positions that are far more productive than these guys.

I completely disagree that the draft was a "screw up" and view it as one of the best in the entire NFL last season based on player production. Not highlight reels... actual production.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007   #71
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

I think when Mario makes the Pro Bowl he should wear "Bust" as his Jersey name.
Old 07-05-2007   #72
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tell me again how impactful that first pick was?
Houston Texans - 27
Indianapolis Colts - 24

"No. 1 overall pick Mario Williams finally emerged for Houston after a quiet few weeks. He forced Dominic Rhodes ' fumble on the Colts' second play. Anthony Weaver recovered the ball on the Indianapolis 47.

Dayne's second touchdown run helped the Texans capitalize. He lowered his head and shook off a defender to cruise into the end zone for a 6-yard score that put Houston ahead 14-0."

Source

It was the last game the Colts lost before winning the Super Bowl.
Old 07-05-2007   #73
Historyhorn
Veteran

Rep Power: 39 Historyhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I think you should make up your mind....

Either you are going to go from how they produced last year, or you're going to wait and see...

You say that you're going to wait and see on everyone else, but when it comes to the Mario pick we should condemn that as a failure already?
I am talking about production.

Ryans is a stud.

Spencer is hurt and may never come back. Winston was so/so.

Daniels is at the cusp of being a top 15 TE, maybe. Not bad for round 4.

I wouldn't rank Lundy in the top 50 RB's in the NFL.

The draft after round one was good. The Williams pick will end up being like Dallas' selection of Russel Maryland out of Miami in the 90's. He'll be a solid player, but his production points to a less than spectacular career. When you look at that versus what we could have had. Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, Vince Young, Jay Cutler, Lawrence Maroney, Joseph Adai. The handling of that first pick was a screw up. We could have had any player in that draft, instead we got a physical specimen that wowed at the combine, but was known for taking plays off and not producing consistently at the college level. He had some spectacular plays, but he was also invisible a bunch too. Fast forward to the NFL, he has talent and tools, and he makes some plays like the fumble caused against the Colts, but he was invisible a hell of a lot too.

We could have had anyone. I'm not a huge RB fan. He's a rich man's Bryant Westbrook. But he'd be an electrifying weapon on a potent offense (see New Orleans). Matt Leinart is probably the best QB in that draft. He'll be the face of that sorry franchise for years to come and could turn into the first ever Cardinal legend. Vince Young is simply a winner. Don't let the Aggy and Coog haters kid you. All he does is win. Most of those fools were arguing they'd still rather have Reggie McNeil as their QB at the end of 2005. Jay Cutler was also a possibility (trade down). Imagine Jay Cutler in a Texan uniform under Kube's tutelage. He'll be a superstar in Denver. Could have been a superstar in Houston.

What's done is done, but I detest folks trying to pretend that there was no mistake in the first round of the 2006 draft. It's like taking a sow's ear and calling it a silk purse.

Go Texans
Historyhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007   #74
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What's done is done, but I detest folks trying to pretend that there was no mistake in the first round of the 2006 draft. It's like taking a sow's ear and calling it a silk purse.

Looks like you're on board with the Bristol boys. You guys got it all figured out after 16 games. There are a lot of NFL teams that could use your expertise... obviously the Texans are one of them.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007   #75
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
that 'offhand' remark was Reeves saying that he told McNair to draft VY...when he said it is unimportant. he said it. was Reeves lying?

Reeves never told McNair to draft VY in his consulting capacity.

How do you know this. Reeves has stated otherwise and whether or not I can produce the SR610 audio is inconsequential. Many people heard it and you have even admitted he said as much. You just think he was lying. OPINION

actually the Cowboys won a Super Bowl after Jimmy left. Jimmy had been gone for 2 years when they won the 3rd title. Anyone with half a brain knows that the demise of the Cowboys began when Aikman retired. You can't win without a good QB and if anyone knows that it should be a Texans fan.

Yes Jimmy was gone two years. Anyone with half a brain knows that was still Jimmys players.

OPINION

Who drafted Aikman? Who drafted Quincy Carter?

Carter wasnt the #1 pick overall. Jones reached on him and it didn't pan out. What is your point? Jimmy picking Aikman wasn't exactly news. Any GM would have done the same.

It's funny how that fat guy at Notre Dame is a genius Head Coach but can't beat any legit NCAA football power while Switzer is a braindead hick. Switzer took the Cowboys to 2 NFC Championship Games and won a Super Bowl....I guess that is an inconvenient truth though. Oh and damn right he was a great college coach and he was a damn good NFL coach. He is just a good football coach, period. He always had his team and coaching staff prepared and inspired to play good football both in NFL and in college. I just can't stand the cookie-cutter 'Switzer Sucks' nonsense. I am a Longhorn and can't stand Switzer as a coach but to say he wasn't any good or that he won with Jimmy's players is just wrong.

Brain dead hick? "Switzer Sucks". Your words, I never said that. Not disageeing with you though. And it is very obvious that you are a tu fan, with your unbridled love of vy.

And I did not say Switzer was a great college coach, I said he was a good college coach. Similiar to darrell royal.

OPINION

Again now.. and pay attention.. 2 nfc championship games and a super bowl....with Jimmys team. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend?

OPINION

that is laughable. 3 lombardi trophies during his watch. More than 90% of the teams have won in their entire existence. but whatever, he sucks. oh and the franchise isn't great? cmon now. Its one of the most recognizable names in Sports and is one of the most valued franchises in the world....oh and they are building this huge stadium that makes most NFL stadiums look like a chicken coup....but whatever, there franchise is a joke says the sheeple

Where did I say their franchise is a joke?
I only disagreed that jerruh is the second coming.

I never said Jerry was the 2nd coming. I said he was the 2nd best owner in the league behind Mr. Kraft. There is a big difference. Once again your statement is an OPINION

You sure do sound a lot like the poster howaboutthemcowboys who used to visit here.

Sheeple? I love it when I can get a person to resort to name calling when debating an issue.

Translation: My peepee hurts.

so now I am not a fan of the Texans? do you even read the stuff you write? i know it sucks being wrong all the time about your team but don't hate on someone who has forgotten more than you have ever known about the Texans. So keep on drinking your coffee and keep on being wrong about everything and keep on homering for your boy. Weve all heard it for years and it still rings as hollow as it did back then.

You need to read this thread again. Where did I homer for my boy? You are the one who is hung up on Carr.

You haven't "forgotten more" than I have ever known about the Texans, you actually remember more, even things that haven't happened.

And I don't hate you. I like all Texan fans. That is why I am trying to educate you about all things Texan.

Educate me about being a Texans fan? No thanks. I prefer to remain objective and honest as a fan and not just a uninformed sheeple(TM).

as for the link to the Reeves comments, its kinda tough to link an interview you heard on live radio on SR610. You know what was said, its not a big secret or some vast neo-con conspiracy. It was said and it doesn't surprise me at all. so basically your only argument is that Reeves is lying to save face. yeah, whatever. NEXT!

In other words, you can't provide a link. I suspected as much.

Your claim is that Reeves was lying. For some reason I think I will take Dan Reeves word over some overcaffeinated member of the sheeple

If I started a wikipedia entry for 'sheeple', you and caddy's faces would be used as a visual aid. I might need to put that on my Things To Do list....

oh wait, never mind its July 4th week. Happy July 4th. USA USA USA

Being that you insist on name calling...I suppose your face would be used for "idiotic poster". You can put that on your 'to do' list also.

Good one. Did you hire Gallagher to punch-up your post? Was Larry the Cable Guy busy? Try again

Have a nice fourth. You and your stooge porkchop, who chose to interject himself into this discussion.

I am assuming your referring to Porky. A stooge? So because he has had a similar take on the Texans the past few years, he is a stooge of mine? The fact remains that our little band of 'stooges' have been right all along. I guess Kubiak and McNair are stooges too because they obviously felt the same way we have the past few years based on their actions this offseason. Don't try and bring other posters into this because this is about you being wrong and not being able to acknowledge that you have little to no credibility about anything that isn't Touchdown Jesus-related. Go peddle your wares elsewhere. I ain't buyin'.

Hope everyone had a great July 4th. Went down to Freeport and it was a freaking mess. Good fireworks show but was pretty much a shut-in all holiday long.

cupacoffee. nothing personal. I don't think your a troll or a dumbarse or anything. you seem pretty intelligent and probably a good guy to share a cupacoffee with. I just feel that you are lacking when it comes to Texans-related analysis. Your past record on the big issues isn't exactly stellar. I am an opinionated guy but I have been proved to be correct on so many Texans personnel issues that I have posted about as Second Honeymoon or my original banned identity from '02-'04, Honeymoon Is Over (RIP).
Old 07-06-2007   #76
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95426 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the biggest mistake in the 2006 draft was passing on the ability to fix the offense in basically 1 draft.

Draft Bush number 1
or
Draft VY number 1
or
Trade 1st pick to Jets for 2 1sts and a 3rd
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007   #77
Lucky

Rep Power: 158395 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Why do you believe such a trade was on the table?
Old 07-06-2007   #78
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
I think the biggest mistake in the 2006 draft was passing on the ability to fix the offense in basically 1 draft.

Draft Bush number 1
or
Draft VY number 1
or
I've talked to tons of people about this. People that don't pull opinions out of their rearends. There was no trade to the Jets that was out there. No legit source says that was available and you can't make a trade that isn't there unless you are proposterous trade suggester.

Fix the offense in 1 draft? With one player? I didn't know LT was available to join Drew Brees in 2007 for the Texans?
Old 07-06-2007   #79
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95426 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Why do you believe such a trade was on the table?
Jets offered that (or maybe a 4th instead of a 3rd)
Casserly wanted two 1sts and a 2nd
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007   #80
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Jets offered that (or maybe a 4th instead of a 3rd)
Casserly wanted two 1sts and a 2nd
I have never heard anything about any concrete trade proposals for our #1 pick. Casserley was probably trying to get similar value that the Chargers got dealing Eli Manning (#1 overall). Bush doesn't play QB so that was never going to happen and was just wishful thinking. I fully endorsed a trade down if we werent taking Bush (and obviously VY was not an option due to Carr's prior resigning/option) but I guess Asserley's price was too high. I guess not every GM is as dumb as Casserley. I would have taken the #4 overall pick and a 2nd round and a 2007 3rd round for the #1 overall pick....but Casserley wanted more and by the time the draft rolled around there were no takers.

From what I hear is that we were poised to take Bush at #1 unless we got a deal that blew us out of the water. After Bush's face to face meeting with McNair in which he allegedly lied to McNair's face about his family's acceptance of booster $$ and their house, McNair was not going to make Bush the #1 pick overall without a contract signed, sealed, and delivered and really didn't want anyone who was that dishonest to his face. Bush's agent said that they would not sign a pre-draft contract thus McNair called his bluff and we chose Mario who was the best player at probably our greatest position of need, DE/Pass Rush.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read