Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-03-2007   #21
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Bob McNair ranked 7th best owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Other rumory things out there suggest that Bush's visit with the Texans was double plus non-good. It never came out exactly why it wasn't good, but the rumory stuff was that this was kept quiet in the hopes that they could still get a trade for him.
he was unwilling to sign before the draft was one problem with his visit. the other was that he lied to Bob's face about the house from the USC booster. he also didn't help himself when he had earlier in that week publically spoke of wishing he could go to the Jets for non-football reasons to Rich Eisen on NFLN. another incident I am less clear on and I don't remember the exact quote but he kinda badmouthed the Texans current state (which wasnt too much of a reach coming off of a 2-14 season but still not the best move by someone who wanted to be drafted by the Texans). It seemed that RB was going to use the Texan's lack of success as a bargaining chip in negotiations. I think this turned McNair off and I can't blame him but at the end of the day you gotta get the BPA....maybe they honestly thought mario was BPA but so far they would be totally wrong

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 07-03-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #22
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
McNair at #7 is a joke. This is the guy who resigned Carr after a 2-14 season so he could pass on VY. That wasn't Kubiak's call. Sticking with Carr was part and parcel of getting the Texans job. Everyone knows that. Even Dan Reeves told McNair to draft VY when Reeves was brought in as a consultant. McNair didn't listen and stuck with that loser Carr and that is why we are currently a running joke around the league. I will give McNair some credit for admitting that it was a stupid move and getting rid of the Carrbage a year after his titanic mistake. Most millionaires much less billionaires dont like to admit when they were wrong, and he at least admitted that he screwed up....I just don't think that means we should forget about what a dumbarse he was.

McNair should be around #15 or so and Snyder should be near the bottom. Kraft should be #1 with Jones a close #2. Say what you want about Jerry but he has delivered 3 trophies to the trophy case and has managed to build the greatest sporting venue in the history of mankind. that has got to be worht something.
I believe Mr. McNair admitted to his mistake. Now it's time to get over that and let's all move on.
Old 07-03-2007   #23
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Just because you say these things, doesn't make them true.

Reeves was not consulted on who to draft. He did advise that Carr was not the problem. Check out for example this link: Dan Reeves: Futher Explains His View on Vince Young, Reggie Bush and Mario Williams

Casserly was very anti-VY, and still is. Remember his top 10 list of QBs with less than 40 starts. See who is missing?

10 Alex Smith
9 Jason Campbell
8 Matt Leinert
7 Rex Grossman
6 Tony Romo
5 Bryan Leftwich
4 Big Ben
3 Eli Manning
2 Philip Rivers
1 Carson Palmer

If Reeves comes in and says no problem with Carr, and Casserly is saying the same thing, why should Bob McNair think any differently?
Stuff your facts--they're not welcome here

Doesn't help that I and even others have publicly stated that we know people who worked with and in some cases WERE a part of the draft decision--it was a football decision made by the staff who were paid to make these decisions and it had nothing to do with McNair saying Carr or else.

But ... some fans just won't take no for an answer.
Old 07-03-2007   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I never called McNair a "lousy owner". I just stated that he is more meddlesome than he is portrayed to be.
I never called out any one poster. It's the vibe of the thread.
Old 07-03-2007   #25
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Casserly was very anti-VY, and still is. Remember his top 10 list of QBs with less than 40 starts. See who is missing?

10 Alex Smith
9 Jason Campbell
8 Matt Leinert
7 Rex Grossman
6 Tony Romo
5 Bryan Leftwich
4 Big Ben
3 Eli Manning
2 Philip Rivers
1 Carson Palmer
Matt Schaub??!?!?
Old 07-03-2007   #26
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Personally, I think he is the #1 bestest owner because he was able to broker football back to Houston where it rightfully, and naturally belongs. The Texans don't always make the right decisions, but they try and they aren't afraid to spend money, and well, that means something.

Also, making sure we could have tailgating really has made a difference in creating more of a Texans community.
Here, here!! I agree with you 100%!! [/homer]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
I never agreed with the Kubes thing (I would have wanted Whisenhunt or Martz). There is a reason Kubes never smelled an HC job until he came to us.
Not true. It has been reported that he was offered quite a few head coaching jobs over the years, but turned them all down waiting for the right situation. (Matter-of-fact, the same week Kubiak interviewed for the Texans job, he was also interviewed by the Lions.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
He had nothing to do with putting the ZB system together, which is apparently his big selling point. Shanahan did a lot of the playcalling as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually the last few years in Denver Shanahan let Kubiak take over the offense. So as he may not have designed it, does not mean he was not a part of it.
Kubiak called the offensive plays during the Broncos' Super Bowl seasons.

Straight from the horse's mouth - see following:

Quote:
Early in the week, Spurrier resorted to asking advice from another head coach, Denver Broncosí Mike Shanahan. Spurrier, portrayed by many as arrogant when it comes to his offense, wanted to know how Shanahan handled play-calling duties with Broncosí offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak.

When Shanahan told Spurrier that the Broncos immediately won two Super Bowls when Kubiak took over calling plays, the second-year Redskinsí coach didnít need any more convincing.
Source
Old 07-03-2007   #27
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Also, making sure we could have tailgating really has made a difference in creating more of a Texans community.
allowing tailgating is still the best move McNair ever made. i do think allowing tailgating was part of the stadium deal though but irregardless it was a huge change from Oilers pregame rituals. I still remember the AFC Divisional Playoff game v. the Chiefs having to hammer Budweiser tallboys in the backseat of my friends Chevelle before the game. Cops came and broke up our party and we had to do the rest of our 'pregame' at the Holiday Inn all the way across the parking lot and that was like 90% Chiefs fans at the hotel bar and the beers were $4 (which was highway robbery back then). It got ugly and Montana made it uglier on the way home. Montana to Cash FTL.

now as Texans fans, we can kick back, listen to some tunes or pregame, and get to meet some of our fellow fans...who knows maybe even someone from the texanstalk.com community.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 07-03-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 07-03-2007   #28
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how "non-meddling" the owner is when we pretty much go down in flames based on his unnatural love of David Carr and pretty much picking a coach around this really bad decision (he picked the best coach for David moreso than the best coach for the team). He also was so dissapointed in DC's development he hired a consultant to justify his pick...only to have Dan Reeves tell him to draft VY...we were going to sign and draft Bush right up to the last second (Mario came into the picture at the last min) but he got scared on character issues at the last second....seems like he is more meddling than his PR spin portrays.
Geeeeeez..........

McNair - a lousy owner with his unnatural love for DC.
Kubiak - a lousy pick as a coach. Never sniffed a HC position before this one.

Blah, blah, blah...

ALL crap!!!

Move to Seatle and become a statistic.
I never called McNair a "lousy owner". I just stated that he is more meddlesome than he is portrayed to be.
I never called out any one poster. It's the vibe of the thread.
I hear you and you are right, but you used my words (unnatural love for DC) and added a translation...I just wanted to be clear that I never said that.

For the record, I don't think that "meddlesome" is that bad a trait as long as you use good sense in your decisions. I think that McNair overstepped his good sense when he tried to force a few square pegs in to some round holes before he gathered enough NFL experience when it comes to dealing with talent and the transient worth of the players who have short careers and small windows of prime. So basically, I consider him one of the leagues best owners...but he isn't above some honest non-homer critique from his fan base. I don't pretend to think I could have done a better job...but its a mb and I spew my thoughts...wrong or right.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #29
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair was/is a rookie owner. Did we really expect a Super Bowl in the first 5 years? The good news is that he's learning from his mistakes, unlike some other owners who don't and continue having losing seasons (Bill Ford, Bill Bidwill, Al Davis, Randy Lerner).
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #30
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 35979 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
McNair at #7 is a joke. This is the guy who resigned Carr after a 2-14 season so he could pass on VY. That wasn't Kubiak's call. Sticking with Carr was part and parcel of getting the Texans job. Everyone knows that.

Show me a link or a quote by McNair where he said the new coach has to stick with Carr to get the job.

Resigned Carr so he could pass on vy? LOL What an idiotic statement.

Everyone knows that? Hummm I don't believe that for a minute.

You sure do a lot of assuming. All this is just your opinion, repeating it over and over doesn't make it true.

Even Dan Reeves told McNair to draft VY when Reeves was brought in as a consultant. McNair didn't listen and stuck with that loser Carr and that is why we are currently a running joke around the league.

Again, not true...link please. Lets try to stick with the truth.

At the time Reeves was here he never expressed an opinion one way or another about vy. His opinion expressed ten months after the fact seems self serving to me.

I will give McNair some credit for admitting that it was a stupid move and getting rid of the Carrbage a year after his titanic mistake. Most millionaires much less billionaires dont like to admit when they were wrong, and he at least admitted that he screwed up....I just don't think that means we should forget about what a dumbarse he was.

I am sure Mr McNair appreciates you giving him credit.

Dumbarse? Hardly.

McNair should be around #15 or so and Snyder should be near the bottom. Kraft should be #1 with Jones a close #2. Say what you want about Jerry but he has delivered 3 trophies to the trophy case and has managed to build the greatest sporting venue in the history of mankind. that has got to be worht something.
IIRC Jimmy delivered two trophies, the great Switzer ? delivered one with Jimmys team. What has Jerruh won without Jimmys team?

One playoff game? Or did they play in one playoff game and lose it?

I could be completely off about this because I don't really follow the boys that closely.

You realize that it has taken Jerruh over twenty years to realize his team is playing in a piece of trash stadium.

Jerruh built nothing....He has made money with a franchise that was in place and making money before his arrival.

Increased revenues, certainly, but so has the NFL in general.

"the greatest sporting venue in the history of mankind"

Somewhere between the Yankees and the Harlem Globetrotters is more like it.

Sounds like a boys fan to me.

In actuality, Bob McNair is the one that is building something.

You must sooner or later come to the realization that your opinions are just that, your opinion, and should not be written as fact.

Someone might make the mistake of believing you know what you are talking about.

Old 07-03-2007   #31
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I hear you and you are right, but you used my words (unnatural love for DC) and added a translation...I just wanted to be clear that I never said that.

For the record, I don't think that "meddlesome" is that bad a trait as long as you use good sense in your decisions. I think that McNair overstepped his good sense when he tried to force a few square pegs in to some round holes before he gathered enough NFL experience when it comes to dealing with talent and the transient worth of the players who have short careers and small windows of prime. So basically, I consider him one of the leagues best owners...but he isn't above some honest non-homer critique from his fan base. I don't pretend to think I could have done a better job...but its a mb and I spew my thoughts...wrong or right.
I used those words, while somewhat ugly, I found a humorously redeeming quality to them ( I actually chuckled when I read it).

I agree with the word "meddlesome" being -or- not being a bad trait necessarily. If I invest my money, I want to have a say about where it is being distributed. But Mr. McNair has made some mistakes. He is not Lilly White by any stretch! It's just that some people's attitudes towards him are negative, that I have a hard time comprehending their disdain for him.

I would have hated to be some of these people's parents at Christmas time.. Here's the scene I envision:
/Christmas morning:

Parents: "Here dear. These are the keys to your brand new car........"
Kid: Crap.... It's not a convertable?!?!"
Old 07-03-2007   #32
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
McNair was/is a rookie owner. Did we really expect a Super Bowl in the first 5 years? The good news is that he's learning from his mistakes, unlike some other owners who don't and continue having losing seasons (Bill Ford, Bill Bidwill, Al Davis, Randy Lerner).
I gotta object to Al Davis being on that list. He has had a tough go of it the last couple years but he has brought his team to the AFC Championship Game eleven times and 5 times in the Super Bowl with a 3-2 record. They also went to the playoffs and won their first matchup in 01, and 02, culminating in a Super Bowl appearance in '03. He has been to 2 of the last 6 AFC Championship Games and was totally robbed in that one in New England with the now re-written Tuck Rule.

The Raiders' problem has been QB. They havent been competitive since Gannon retired. They tried to put lipstick on a pig and like the Texans, got burned because of it.

Al has a lot of negatives but he is a pretty damn good owner and was largely responsible for preventing a strike/holdout a few years back.

Ford, Bidwill, Lerner, and Snyder are far and away the worst owners in the NFL. (imo)
Old 07-03-2007   #33
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

My last comment on this thread, second turns a thread into a carr bash fest while the thread was intended for McNair ...........

I am shocked beyond belief, I mean this is the first time he has turned a thread into a carr thread and you say we can't get over him LMAO!!!

Old 07-03-2007   #34
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I used those words, while somewhat ugly, I still found humorously redeeming qualities in them ( I actually chuckled when I read it).

I agree with the word "meddlesome" being -or- not being a bad trait necessarily. If I invest my money, I want to have a say about where it is being distributed. But Mr. McNair has made some mistakes. He is not Lilly White by any stretch! It's just that some people's attitudes towards him are negative, that I have a hard time comprehending their disdain for him.

I would have hated to be some of these people's parents at Christmas time.. Here's the scene I envision:
/Christmas morning:

Parents: "Here dear. These are the keys to your brand new car........"
Kid: Crap.... It's not a convertable?!?!"
I agree that we sometimes go too far in the blame game...I'm guilty of that at times myself but try to be honest about my concerns. wonger made a good point (whoa, did I just say that?) about McNair being a rookie owner and we probably should expect a learning curve if we want to be fair...even though some of the mistakes were hard lessons. Winning cures all that ills us though, and I think we are going to be in the playoff hunt this year for the first time...so on balance I'm happy and can't wait till the games begin.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #35
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My last comment on this thread, second turns a thread into a carr bash fest while the thread was intended for McNair ...........

I am shocked beyond belief, I mean this is the first time he has turned a thread into a carr thread and you say we can't get over him LMAO!!!

7 out of 34 posts mention Carr. Two of those seven quote another post with Carr mentioned. The others are an indirect response to other posts and then there is one claiming this has turned into a Carr thread.

Do not feed the trolls, do not continue to give a posthumous Carr more credit than he deserves and see a doctor and get rid of it.
Old 07-03-2007   #36
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
[b]IIRC Jimmy delivered two trophies, the great Switzer ? delivered one with Jimmys team. What has Jerruh won without Jimmys team?

cuppacarr, who delivered Jimmy? yeah. thought so. oh and anyone who knows anything about football knows that Switzer was a damn good coach

One playoff game? Or did they play in one playoff game and lose it?

I could be completely off about this because I don't really follow the boys that closely.

3 Lombardi trophies. It's not a popularity contest. I guess you just don't get it.

You realize that it has taken Jerruh over twenty years to realize his team is playing in a piece of trash stadium.

Jones has been asking for a stadium for a long time but it was a tough go of it. This isn't building a deck for your trailer. This will end up being a major feat of modern engineering once completed much less the premier sporting venue in the world

Jerruh built nothing....He has made money with a franchise that was in place and making money before his arrival.

the franchise that was in place was winning nothing and going nowhere. Jerry turned that around pretty damn fast.

Increased revenues, certainly, but so has the NFL in general.

"the greatest sporting venue in the history of mankind"

yeah, your right. just because its in Dallas it sucks. the sheeple have spoken

Somewhere between the Yankees and the Harlem Globetrotters is more like it.

Sounds like a boys fan to me.

That's funny because you still come across as a bitter Carr homer to me who has to lash out at people who criticize the decision to keep that loser

In actuality, Bob McNair is the one that is building something.

wow something we can agree on.

You must sooner or later come to the realization that your opinions are just that, your opinion, and should not be written as fact.

Someone might make the mistake of believing you know what you are talking about.

i must know what I am talking about because i have been proven right year after year on these forums. you were one of the sheeple, deal with it and don't take it out on me. you were wrong and there were those of us that were vindicated and proven correct while you were probably pontificating about who the hotter QB was, Carr or Quinn.

you should probably take a timeout and decide whether you were a fan of the Texans or some well coifed QB that you had a mancrush on.....

....or you can do what I have always suggested, and go decaf.

i hate responding to quote responses

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 07-03-2007 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-03-2007   #37
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:

lmfao. its hard to talk about McNair being rated #7 without mentioning the whole Carr fiasco. I thought I was staying pretty much on point for the most part.....but like you said err sarcastically inferred, it wouldn't be the first time that I have had a hand in morphing a thread.
Old 07-03-2007   #38
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40369 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

I have nothing to add. I'm just glad to see Vinny back in the game!

Old 07-03-2007   #39
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 35979 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i hate responding to quote responses
You also avoid answering them.

Did you furnish one link to support the untruths you were pontificating?

Nope.

Reeves never suggested releasing Carr and drafting VY as part of his consulting recommendations. Prove me wrong. Show me a link or even a quote at the time Reeves was hired to consult.

Not an offhand remark ten months after the fact. You can't.

It's all your opinion, not an particle of fact.

I will answer your question though, yes, Jerruh did hire Jimmy.

Now answer mine. You do realize that he also fired him and hasn't won anything since,..... don't you?

Or will you respond with more trash talk.

And Switzer was a good 'college' coach.

You sound like a frustrated boys fan bragging about looong past history.

Do you even realize how long ago it was that the boys were even relevent in the playoffs?

Great owner/franchise? Hardly.

Boys fan? Titans fan? Like they say, "if it sounds like a duck... "

Old 07-03-2007   #40
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Good stuff...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read