Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-30-2007   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans' Sellout String In Jeopardy

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Though the Houston Texans like to boast about the fact that they've had 50 straight sellouts in five years of existence, there's a chance that the number might not get much higher. Or any higher.

Thanks to a head's-up from a reader, it appears that the Texans are having trouble selling their season tickets. Currently, "less than 2,000" are available, which means that as many as 1,999 are left -- despite the prior existence of a "priority wait list."

So the inference that can be drawn is that, after a chunk of last year's season-ticket holders passed on renewing and after the folks on the waiting list got their chance to buy tickets, there are still about $1 million worth of unsold season seats.

But should any of this be surprising to anyone? After three years of improvement, the Texans tanked in 2005, and then committed the football equivalent of passing on Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson by leaving Reggie Bush and Vince Young on the draft board in April 2006. If either of those guys were playing in Houston, we suspect that every 2007 game would be already sold out.

As it stands, it could be that the only 2007 games that will be fully sold out will be those in which Bush and Young will make their visits to town.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007   #2
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79098 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Sellout String In Jeopardy

Don't forget the loss of TV markets that demanded Saints and Titans games.

McNair really needs to beat the crap out of Casserly for costing him a ton of money.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

my goodness
just bush and young get us sellouts.. wow, i didn't know the NFL revolved around 2 players... and if that is true(with 2 sellouts) I wonder about the NFL fans in Houston (not all Houstonians are straight Texan fans, so I won't blame all Texan fans)

saying that: what does that say about we play the Chiefs with Larry Johnson,Colts and their talented team,Miami and offense and defense that should be improved with Green at QB,then Tennessee and N.O. next,Tampa and Denver

quality teams we are playing
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007   #4
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post

McNair really needs to beat the crap out of Casserly for costing him a ton of money.
McNair needs to look in the mirror for 5 years of putting out a product that has been both bad and boring. Outside of metro Houston, the Texans are more known for the moves that they have NOT than for anything else.

BTW, the 50 sellout streak is a fraud. Yes, people bought the tickets, but we all know that over the last two seasons, there have been a huge amount of no shows. It was only a matter of time until the no-shows turned into no-buys.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the Texans tanked in 2005, and then committed the football equivalent of passing on Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson by leaving Reggie Bush and Vince Young on the draft board in April 2006.
Wow. Michael Jordan and Magic now, 'eh? Just suspend reality and forget that these are two completely different sports, that's what makes me respect a writer....not.

How about just using football examples? For instance....Joe Montana and Emitt Smith? Then we can compare apples to apples. And when comparing those apples, it is clear that Young and Bush are not Montana and Smith.

Anyway, the 'sellouts' have always been about marketing. The first five seasons were guaranteed by McNair to get the team, so I'm not sure why they even count. But I don't have much doubt that the remaining seats will get sold and Houston will avoid blackouts. Too much money and pride on the line to let that happen, IMO.
Old 06-30-2007   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
McNair needs to look in the mirror for 5 years of putting out a product that has been both bad and boring. Outside of metro Houston, the Texans are more known for the moves that they have NOT than for anything else.
BTW, the 50 sellout streak is a fraud. Yes, people bought the tickets, but we all know that over the last two seasons, there have been a huge amount of no shows. It was only a matter of time until the no-shows turned into no-buys.
Executing the option to retain DC "AND" drafting Mario Williams instead of VY or to a lesser degree Reggie Bush proved to be bad football decisions and worse business decisions. OK, I haven't given up on Mario though I'm frustrated about the pick in lieu of what we could have had. But even if the wins wern't more than 6 last year with Young or Bush, the entertainment value and fan support probably would have been better.
But I gotta disagree about the claim of fraudulent sellouts. They were sold out even if thousands or 10s of thousands skipped some games. If they don't sellout, local TV is blacked-out which is IMO a huge stigma and as said earlier means a revenue loss. No shows, especially in large numbers, are definitely not good but not the same as no sells. I mean what would McNair do next, take seats out of the stadium if they remained unsold like they do in Jacksonville ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Executing the option to retain DC "AND" drafting Mario Williams instead of VY or to a lesser degree Reggie Bush proved to be bad football decisions and worse business decisions. OK, I haven't given up on Mario though I'm frustrated about the pick in lieu of what we could have had. But even if the wins wern't more than 6 last year with Young or Bush, the entertainment value and fan support probably would have been better.
But I gotta disagree about the claim of fraudulent sellouts. They were sold out even if thousands or 10s of thousands skipped some games. If they don't sellout, local TV is blacked-out which is IMO a huge stigma and as said earlier means a revenue loss. No shows, especially in large numbers, are definitely not good but not the same as no sells. I mean what would McNair do next, take seats out of the stadium if they remained unsold like they do in Jacksonville ?
What I mean by fraud is that the Texans had 4 or 5 years of a honeymoon, grace period with many fans to put any kind of product on the field w/o a real threat not selling out occuring. The texans now burned this period and go figure now have to sell a product which is either a winning football team or a football with players the "public" wants to see. By public, I don't mean us, the guys who love football ( I would still be a season ticketholder if I were still BeaumontTexan), but the marginal fans who outnumber the hardcore fans by multiples. In short, the gauge of real interest the team is the people who show up. No shows are the first symptom of fans losing interest. Now we are seeing season ticket renewals slowing and the waiting list no longer a waiting list. Fewer people every year are caring and just having the NFL in Houston will not be enough. My guess is that this year the Texans can still sellout via single game buyer, but w/o a quality product that fan goes away after awhile.
Sponsored links
Old 06-30-2007   #8
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Florio does not like the Texans for whatever reason. Don't expect PFT to ever say anything good about us.

But who cares, anyways? Who cares what they think. The only thing that matters is how we feel about our team, and how well our team performs. Last year there were flashes of greatness and moments of triumph, and as fans we hold those very close to our hearts. We can't let some two-bit writer influence our feelings for our Texans.

Let's wait and let them talk after they see our defense next year (specifically DLine and MLB).

Old 06-30-2007   #9
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Florio does not like the Texans for whatever reason. Don't expect PFT to ever say anything good about us.

But who cares, anyways? Who cares what they think. The only thing that matters is how we feel about our team, and how well our team performs. Last year there were flashes of greatness and moments of triumph, and as fans we hold those very close to our hearts. We can't let some two-bit writer influence our feelings for our Texans.

Let's wait and let them talk after they see our defense next year (specifically DLine and MLB).

Good post!!

IF we get off to a good start by taking down KC, Car, MAYBE the Colts, and by making MV eat dirt all day long, the stadium will be packed! Fan's will be willing to pay BIG bucks to see our Texans. FANS can do only so much! We need our team to give us a reason to get excited. Those Sept games will set the stage!! JMO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007   #10
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe PFT is mistaken about this subject.

I spoke to someone with the Texans recently and that person said they were ahead of schedule for season ticket sales.

Check out this article about how the Texans sell more season tickets than the Cowboys:

link

August 26, 2006

Quote:
As of Friday, the Texans had sold 60,908 season tickets. Their record and a record for any professional sports team in Texas was 61,435 in 2005. They are 527 behind.

The most season tickets the Cowboys have sold was 56,000. They sold 43,860 at Texas Stadium in 2005.

The most the Oilers sold was 45,000.

The Texans eventually will cut season tickets off. Like most teams, they generally like to sell about 90 percent of capacity, which is 71,056 at Reliant Stadium, including suites and wheelchair seating.
The Texans website says

Quote:
There are a limited number of season tickets still available for this season. With more than 59,500 sold for this season already, there are less than 2,000 seats still available.
I think that has been up for a while. I expect by August, they will have numbers similar to last years.

I think a lot of teams would like the *problem* the Texans have in selling season tickets. Like the folks at the previously named Alltel, or Alltarp stadium. They can't even find someone to name their stadium.

With Vince and Reggie, it would have been easy for the Texans to sell season tickets, though I suspect a lot of them in Vince's instance would have been UT fans slumming at Texans games. I met quite a few of those people at last years Texans-Titans game. Actual quote: "Usually I don't watch Sunday football--I use Sundays to recover from Longhorn games"

Texans, the early years I guess is a way to cull the herd. Those of us who are left are some tough loyal cusses.

Old 06-30-2007   #11
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Texans, the early years I guess is a way to cull the herd. Those of us who are left are some tough loyal cusses.
I never thought about it that way. It will make the winning seasons so much sweeter.

People can whine and moan all they want about the Texans not taking the running QB or the scatback. They made a decision to take a guy they felt could help them win their division by beating the Colts (in case the crybabies out there missed it... we beat the Colts for the first time in team history last season in large part thanks to their first round draft pick). We are finally seeing a front office with a concise business plan that they are actually following. If they make a mistake, they correct it and move forward. Production is more important than politics.

Under Casserly and Capers there was no business plan. They were all over the place with their decision making (e.g. bringing in veterans to be leaders the first couple of years, then later deciding they didn't want anyone over 30). When they made mistakes on players they would try to hide it by starting them (Todd Wade, Victor Riley, David Carr, Jason Babin, PBuc, etc., etc., etc...) instead of cutting them and trying to find competent replacements. Politics were always more important than winning.

Bob McNair has not strayed from his message that winning puts people in the seats. Taking a running QB or a scatback would have sold a few more season tickets in the short term, but the goal has always been to build a winner. I believe he has the right minds working for him now to be able to accomplish that.
Old 06-30-2007   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought I saw the sky falling earlier today, but then I realized it was just some black helicopters hovering about.
Old 06-30-2007   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post

McNair really needs to beat the crap out of himself for letting this happen. It didn't take a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon to make that pick. It was almost impossible to screw up but somehow his team did it.

Ultimately it's Bob McNair who is responsible for the way this team is run.
Old 07-01-2007   #14
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
They may have been bad business decisions... but I still maintain they were good football decisions. Maybe we should have gone about it differently, but how did either one figure into our football plans? Bush is a RB that has to make alot of cuts to be successful, and can't run between the tackles. We had just brought Kubes over to run the offense he ran so successfully in Denver... and it specifically isn't built for that kind of back... and Vince.. while everyone is in love with him... at this point is a runningback who can throw the ball... So far the closest comparison to VY would have to be Randell Cunningham if you ask me. VY was also the biggest risk of the top 3. We know Mario will at the very least be a force against the run... and may develop into a premier pass rusher... VY on the other hand won't be "passable" he will either be really really good... or really really bad. Maybe that's not completely accurate... but my point is that you can get something out of Mario even if you don't get what you drafted him to do... with VY if he doesn't improve at throwing the ball... then the Titans are in trouble. I'm not saying he won't... nor am I saying he's not talented.. I'm just saying that 20/20 VY was a viable option... but he had so many questions going into the draft.

Mike
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007   #15
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
It didn't take a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon to make that pick. It was almost impossible to screw up but somehow his team did it.
Tell that to the Saints who picked a 3rd down scatback when Maurice Drew, Laurence Maroney, DeAngelo Williams and Jerious Norwood were still available.

Or to the Titans who picked a running quarterback when Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler were still on the board.

A lot of teams make what the fans perceive as mistakes every draft.
Old 07-01-2007   #16
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
Tell that to the Saints who picked a 3rd down scatback when Maurice Drew, Laurence Maroney, DeAngelo Williams and Jerious Norwood were still available.

Or to the Titans who picked a running quarterback when Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler were still on the board.

A lot of teams make what the fans perceive as mistakes every draft.
My thoughts exactly wonger. Yes vince had a good 5-6 games, and by good, I mean wins but not necessarily good production from his position. This upcoming season is huge for him and that team. If teams force the pass and he struggles, the tables will be turned pretty quickly. I still believe Leinert will be the best of the three but thats yet to be seen.

Don't get me started on reggie. Good highlight material on ESPN, but as an overall #1 RB off the board, I don't think so.
Old 07-01-2007   #17
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Currently, "less than 2,000" are available, which means that as many as 1,999 are left -- despite the prior existence of a "priority wait list."

So the inference that can be drawn is that, after a chunk of last year's season-ticket holders passed on renewing and after the folks on the waiting list got their chance to buy tickets, there are still about $1 million worth of unsold season seats.
Someone check my math here. The Texans season ticket average price is $60.63 a game (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=3166) x 10 games x 2000. I don't see how it equals more than 1 million.

I thought stories from profootballtalk were legit but I guess there is crap just about everywhere you look.
Old 07-01-2007   #18
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
My thoughts exactly wonger. Yes vince had a good 5-6 games, and by good, I mean wins but not necessarily good production from his position. This upcoming season is huge for him and that team. If teams force the pass and he struggles, the tables will be turned pretty quickly. I still believe Leinert will be the best of the three but thats yet to be seen.

Don't get me started on reggie. Good highlight material on ESPN, but as an overall #1 RB off the board, I don't think so.
There is not one objective messure that anyone can use to say the Williams in 2006 was a better player than Young or Bush. Young (leadership and ability to make key plays) and Bush (playmaker) displayed what made them special more often than Mario. That does not mean that this won't change overtime, even as early as this year, but trying prove the Texans made the right on the field decision based on 2006 does not get very far.
Old 07-01-2007   #19
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Someone check my math here. The Texans season ticket average price is $60.63 a game (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=3166) x 10 games x 2000. I don't see how it equals more than 1 million.
That equals 1,212,600.

And don't forget the extra $5 handling fee. That's another $10,000.

I'm going to open me up a NFL team. Who's with me?
Old 07-01-2007   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
There is not one objective messure that anyone can use to say the Williams in 2006 was a better player than Young or Bush. Young (leadership and ability to make key plays) and Bush (playmaker) displayed what made them special more often than Mario. That does not mean that this won't change overtime, even as early as this year, but trying prove the Texans made the right on the field decision based on 2006 does not get very far.
I am interested how you quantify Bush given the many acquisitions made by the Saints in the previous offseason.

Mario played with an injury all year, busted up a two point conversion against Miami and caused the TO against the Colts to change the game. We had a 300% year over year growth in the win column. Not sure how one can say Bush and Mario are much different except in the ESPN fulfilling prophecy via Sports Center highlights.

VY is another story in my opinion.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read