Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2004   #21
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we already know we can compete with the big boys but that doesn't mean that we will. What it boils down to now is maintaining the established high level of performance from week to week in the passing game and on defense, continuing to win the turnover battle, and improving the running game.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004   #22
SESupergenius

Getting a win in Denver would be pretty tough, they have a very good home field advantage. We played them pretty good in preseason, and they seem to be a little more banged up then us. I don't think we win this one, but still we should be able to play with them if we remain healthy.
Old 11-03-2004   #23
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

I dont see why some of you guys even watch the games ! It must be a suprise to a lot of you when the Texans win,,,"oh they just got lucky". Isnt this the team who's won 4 out of 5 didnt we just beat the top team in our division, beat kansas city at home, bet tennesse at home, held the #1 ranked offense in the NFL to just 7 points in the second half of a game ?
Arent we the team that has held the last 2 teams under a 125 yards rushing combined ??? No really are we ? Oh ok good so i can see why some of you dont give us a chance way to support your team !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004   #24
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

I couldn't have said it better myself Texanstruefan....Every game we played the odds were against us according to all the big shots on Espn, NFL.com, not to mention all the others....Even with homefield advantage not many thought we could pull it off with these good teams we've played, and we did....Yet, ppl still continue to doubt....Well i don't.....I know the Texans can pull this off... Remember, sometimes the angrier and more desperate you are, the worse you mess up, which is what i think will happen to the broncos....It started with the bengals, then they were even more desperate with the falcons and messed up even more....Now they are scared because their playing a confident team, TEXANS!!!!!.....Desperation produces mistakes, Confidence produces results.....My prediction still stands: TEXANS 27, BRONCOS 10.....That is if the Texans even let them score..... I'll always stand behind my team, GOOD AND BAD....

Last edited by shinerbock_girl; 11-03-2004 at 06:30 AM.
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004   #25
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

So fans who say this one will be a tough one to win somehow means they are not supporting or standing by their team? Funny.

Maybe all that means is they are not blind homers who understand the difference between hopes and expectations.

Quote:
I'll always stand behind my team, GOOD AND BAD....
So will I. Never missed a Texans home game - been to several on the road. And believe me, I stood behind a lot of really bad Oilers teams for many many years.

Quote:
Oh ok good so i can see why some of you dont give us a chance way to support your team !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I'm supporting my team by traveling to Denver for the game and cheering them on from Section 103, Row 41, seat 25. Is that good enough?

I give them a chance, I just think it will be very difficult to come out of there with a win. I'm guessing that most realistic and objective fans have similar expectations, although I'm sure that everyone HOPES the Texans will win.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004   #26
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
So fans who say this one will be a tough one to win somehow means they are not supporting or standing by their team? Funny
Well no one said those who say this will be a tough game is not supporting their team, my point was for those who were already "predicting" them to lose, how much support can that be??? All games are tough...That parts a no brainer.

My only expectation for the Texans are to do their best, so i don't feel this makes me or anyone else with this type of expectation a " BLIND HOMER" I feel they can pull this off tough game and all. If they don't, i'll say they gave it their best shot, But i WILL NOT say, this games too tough for them to win. I HOPE they win, but i EXPECT them to do their best. Thats being realistic...And for those who can't understand the point i am trying to make, then just call me "HOMEY" LOL....GOOOO TEXANS!!!!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

Last edited by shinerbock_girl; 11-03-2004 at 09:19 AM.
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read