Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-28-2007   #1
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fox Sports fan power poll

Move it if you have too.

Fox Sports is doing a fan power poll. Right now we are ranked 13th by the fans and 21st by Fox Sports the Titans fans are having fits because we are ranked above them. They might start stuffing the ballot so I figured I would post the link to ballence them out.

http://msn.foxsports.com/name/public...nPolls/fanPoll

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fox Sports fan power poll

Not bad. I figured a fan vote would have us much lower.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007   #3
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

What are we ranking?

I can't imagine us being better than Chicago, New Orleans, Dallas, Carolina, Seattle, St. Louis, and San Francisco. Even though they are mostly NFC teams.

Last edited by nero THE zero; 06-29-2007 at 02:33 AM.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007   #4
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

As usual the cowgirls' fans suck.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007   #5
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

That's a useless poll. They've got teams ranked very poorly and a lot of it seems reflective on bandwagons and hating.

The 49ers, Bears, Saints and others are completely too low while the Chiefs, Browns, Dolphins, etc...way way way too high.
Old 06-29-2007   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Fox Sports has the 49ers ranked 32 and the fans have them at 31.... that's such complete garbage. The Niners will have a winning season next year, and maybe more... mark my words.

I love the Texans more than anything, but we honestly don't deserve top 15 right now. Based on our history and the challenges we will have this year, I wonder why anyone (other than us Texans fans!) would have us ranked so high right now.
Old 06-29-2007   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

As a Texans fan, obviously I want to rank us high.

But as an NFL fan, I'd have to be honest and put us in the bottom third right now (21st is probably more realistic, IMO). While I'm optimistic about our future, the simple fact remains that we have yet to have our first winning season, and we have a lot of new components that will need some time to gel into a cohesive, consistent team.
Old 06-29-2007   #8
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Surely the fact that the Texans are well supported without yet having tasted a winning season shows that you are good fans.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007   #9
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

The most accurate measure of fan goodness is made when a team is in the midst of badness.

Anyone can have 'great' fans when their team is winning.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
The most accurate measure of fan goodness is made when a team is in the midst of badness.

Anyone can have 'great' fans when their team is winning.
No doubt. Just ask the Cowboys or Yankees.

I remember at the end of some bad games the past couple of years where Reliant only had around 10,000 or so people left in it. So I can't put us on a pedestal when 80% of fans at the game don't bother to stay until 0:00 (which is our policy for every home game).

I don't kock anyone for leaving, because to each his own. But that is probably the difference between 'casual' and 'hardcore' in my pov.
Old 06-29-2007   #11
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this is an interesting perspective from how fans see the Houston Texans. See, the Texans received the lowest first place votes out of all 32 teams. Over 5200 first place votes less than the 49ers who are ranked 31st. Almost 400 first place votes less than the Cardinals who are last. Yet we're in 13th place. What does that mean? I don't rightly know but I find it very interesting. I think other fan bases are becoming very aware of the Houston Texans. That's what I think it means. We're a much stronger team than our win loss record indicates and we're not to be taken lightly anymore. I like it.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #12
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I think this is an interesting perspective from how fans see the Houston Texans. See, the Texans received the lowest first place votes out of all 32 teams. Over 5200 first place votes less than the 49ers who are ranked 31st. Almost 400 first place votes less than the Cardinals who are last. Yet we're in 13th place. What does that mean? I don't rightly know but I find it very interesting. I think other fan bases are becoming very aware of the Houston Texans. That's what I think it means. We're a much stronger team than our win loss record indicates and we're not to be taken lightly anymore. I like it.
I think its more a reflection on people not filling the whole thing out.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody that gave us a #1 vote is crazy anyway (that means me).

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #14
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Fox has the Falcons at 6, heehaaw

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read