Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-01-2007   #61
checo446
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 checo446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to checo446
Default Re: Texan Fans Fantasy Football

alright I just made the 2nd pick with S. Jackson. I am subscribed to the thread so I will be monitoring it as the picks come in....
checo446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #62
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

M. Shadows (the artist formerly known as Wario) is up.
Old 08-02-2007   #63
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

HC,
Just to let you know that I am back with the living. I will be in and out of the shop but I will be around enough join in the draft.

Steve
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #64
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
HC,
Just to let you know that I am back with the living. I will be in and out of the shop but I will be around enough join in the draft.

Steve
Good...you are up. Now I have no need to draft for you.
Old 08-02-2007   #65
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Allright...this thing's moving again.

Axman...do your thing.
Old 08-02-2007   #66
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
With the last pick in the first round, the Mighty Hutto Stinkweasels select:

Willie Parker, RB PIT

and then rushes back to announce the first pick of the second round:

Rudi Johnson, RB CIN
I cannot believe Rudi fell so far. Wow. Nice backfield.

And you did not even need to draft from within the AFC South.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #67
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
I cannot believe Rudi fell so far. Wow. Nice backfield.

And you did not even need to draft from within the AFC South.

I was slobbering at the idea of trotting out Willie Parker and Reggie Bush, but when Bush went right ahead of me, I must admit...Rudi's consistency kept the saliva going.

I'm pretty happy with those RB's from such a lame draft position.
Old 08-02-2007   #68
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

TJ Houshamazilli. Mark it down. Championship.

(Disclaimer: that is NOT a pick, just a joke. Sigh. Sadly, a joke, weak or otherwise, ceases to be funny once it is explained. Sigh.)
Old 08-02-2007   #69
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Santo's a closet Pats fan!
Old 08-02-2007   #70
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks to me that Santos is finally "coming out" of the closet.
Old 08-02-2007   #71
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65788 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Santo's a closet Pats fan!

I was going to take either Willie Parker or Rudi Johnson as my running back but didn't know you were going to take them at the same time.....

santo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #72
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post

I was going to take either Willie Parker or Rudi Johnson as my running back but didn't know you were going to take them at the same time.....

I like Maroney too...with Dillon outta the way, he should produce quite nicely.
Old 08-03-2007   #73
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

This is going a lot more slowly than I had anticipated.
Old 08-03-2007   #74
checo446
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 checo446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to checo446

Quote:
This is going a lot more slowly than I had anticipated.

Yep, good thing we started really early....
checo446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #75
Old School
Site Contributor

Quote:
Yep, good thing we started really early....
Maybe HC could consider modifying the alloted time for each pick from 12 hours to 2 or 3 hours. At this rate we will be here for weeks.
Old 08-03-2007   #76
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
Maybe HC could consider modifying the alloted time for each pick from 12 hours to 2 or 3 hours. At this rate we will be here for weeks.
I could can the clock stoppage at night, but that's rather uncool. Drafts like this take time. To speed things up, anyone can send a predraft list to me and checo...one of us is bound to be able to pick for you when your time comes up.

Or people can just check in more often. The season is still a month away, so I think we're going to be ok. I'll keep PMing the slackers.
Old 08-03-2007   #77
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Quote:
I could can the clock stoppage at night, but that's rather uncool. Drafts like this take time. To speed things up, anyone can send a predraft list to me and checo...one of us is bound to be able to pick for you when your time comes up.

Or people can just check in more often. The season is still a month away, so I think we're going to be ok. I'll keep PMing the slackers.
Even online, Commish is a thankless job.

Does PM still require folks to come to texanstalk? If so, it might not be a useful quick-turn comm mechanism.

I propose we each PM our email address to Karl, for him to provide a helpful kick in the shorts if/when such kick is needed.

Thanks, HK. (See? Not thankless after all.) Course, doesn't change the fact that I'm looking forward to opening up an ENTIRE can of fantasy whoopass on ya. And that goes for the lot of ya, too. Arrrr.
Old 08-03-2007   #78
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Even online, Commish is a thankless job.

Does PM still require folks to come to texanstalk? If so, it might not be a useful quick-turn comm mechanism.

I propose we each PM our email address to Karl, for him to provide a helpful kick in the shorts if/when such kick is needed.

Thanks, HK. (See? Not thankless after all.) Course, doesn't change the fact that I'm looking forward to opening up an ENTIRE can of fantasy whoopass on ya. And that goes for the lot of ya, too. Arrrr.

Along with each PM, I also send out an email reminder from the League Website. I have everyone's email address, so sending a PM with them isn't needed.
Old 08-03-2007   #79
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Quote:
Along with each PM, I also send out an email reminder from the League Website. I have everyone's email address, so sending a PM with them isn't needed.
DOH!
I forgot 'bout that.
Old 08-03-2007   #80
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

"slow style" drafts can go very swiftly...but you have to have a league full of people who are awake and who give a darn about the others in the league. I usually run a few leagues a year and I do mostly slow drafts with a 12 or 24 hour window....we generally get a round or two done per day....but I am also very picky about who I let in my leagues.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read