Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-03-2007   #41
checo446
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 checo446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to checo446
Default Re: Texan Fans Fantasy Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
Well...technically, you have to.

TD's said that barring an act of gosh, LT is the top pick...guess that would mean that you can announce the #2 pick if you really want to....of course, both picks are subject to change when the actual draft date hits.
It will be a pretty easy pick for me with LT gone. Welcome to the CarrWrecked Mr. Steven Jackson.... That is unless I decide to go in another direction by the drafts start.
checo446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #42
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

A bump as a reminder.

Quote:
After some deliberation, I want to set the draft start date for Wednesday, August 1st. This gives us time to get the draft done in time for the regular season. I realize that we risk player preseason injuries, but we do need time to complete the draft and with everyone's schedules, this is the best way to do it.

I'll create a draft thread for everyone to make their picks and will update rosters on our league site after each round (if the site allows me to do so). I'll also keep a running list on the first page of the draft thread to keep things easily trackable...we don't want to run the risk of two teams trying to draft Jabbar Gaffney, now, do we?

The draft thread will be created on Tuesday, July 31st, right here in the Tailgate section.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #43
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
A bump as a reminder.
I was about to post in the thread to say how stoked I am for this draft. I don't think anything beats a good ol'fashioned internet message board fantasy football draft. Hope you all have your cheatsheets ready...you're going to need them.

And if any of you have a free Texans game ticket for your commish, let me know.
Old 07-17-2007   #44
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
I don't think anything beats a good ol'fashioned internet message board fantasy football draft.
All our laundry, flappin' in the breeze for all to see.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #45
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
All our laundry, flappin' in the breeze for all to see.
Exactly...encourages discussion and teasing.
Old 07-19-2007   #46
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see it now. "and with the 5th pick in the 1st round Overalls sellects."

Peyton Manning

Then there are 50 post telling me how stipid I am for not picking Vince Young or Reggie Bush.

Not that I plan on picking Manning. Either of them.

Old 07-22-2007   #47
checo446
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 checo446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVP

alittle over a week... i am stoked
Sponsored links
Old 07-23-2007   #48
Overalls
Hall of Fame

I joined a league on NFL.com and weighed it heavy towards the Texans. I ended up with Matt, AJ, Owen, Ahman, and the Texans D. So hopefully we will do good. I also ended up with Lee Evans, Brian Westbrook and Braylon Edwards. Not bad, I quess. I am not sure about my kicker though. I may have to go kicker first in this league.

Old 07-25-2007   #49
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Aug 1.

Da dum. Da dum.
/jaws

Rick
Old 07-29-2007   #50
checo446
Veteran

2 more days till we get the party started...
Old 07-30-2007   #51
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

I'll create the draft thread here tomorrow and we'll start Wednesday morning.
Old 07-30-2007   #52
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Looking forward to it!

Rick
Old 07-30-2007   #53
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Good thing I have a work computer to goof off on now. I am ready.

Old 07-30-2007   #54
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Passing TDs worth only 3 points ? That doesnt seem fair
Old 07-30-2007   #55
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 88272 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
That's why I'm VERY careful to read the scoring system before the draft. I've been burned not paying attention before. QBs are less valuable in this league.
Old 07-30-2007   #56
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
It's pretty standard scoring for most leagues I've ever been in. When TD's for passing are worth 6 points, it throws the scoring system out of whack and overvalues the QB.
Old 07-31-2007   #57
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

I just subscribed via email to the draft thread. My understanding is that thread is for picks ONLY. And that this thread here is for the smack talk. (HK, I'm just repeating to acknowledge receipt and understanding.)

Let's do this.
Old 07-31-2007   #58
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
I just subscribed via email to the draft thread. My understanding is that thread is for picks ONLY. And that this thread here is for the smack talk. (HK, I'm just repeating to acknowledge receipt and understanding.)

Let's do this.
You understand well.
Old 07-31-2007   #59
checo446
Veteran

Tomorrow is a happy day.
Old 08-01-2007   #60
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

TD -- you still taking LT?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read