Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 06-26-2007   #21
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan Fans Fantasy Football

dalemurphy...invite sent.

ONE SPOT LEFT!!!!!

PM your email addy to me to claim the last spot.
Old 06-26-2007   #22
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

RickyB is in.

The RoosterMasters are set to wreck havoc.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007   #23
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
RickyB is in.

The RoosterMasters are set to wreck havoc.
I changed your team name for you....

Santo just filled our last spot. Sweet deal. I'll draw the draft order.
Old 06-26-2007   #24
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

the league is filled.

Posted the updated draft order and have a vote on the table under league news. Read about the options and PM your votes to me by this Friday, 8 am.

Thanks.
Old 06-26-2007   #25
checo446
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 checo446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to checo446

Sweet, I got the 2nd pick... Kris Brown here I come...
checo446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007   #26
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Thanks for getting the votes in regarding how we'll run the draft.

Still need to hear from Earl, Wario and TD. I haven't voted yet and won't unless I need to break a tie.

Wario...you still need to accept the invite into the league and set up on EA Sports.

After we discuss the draft method, we'll delve into dates.

If online wins: We draft later...maybe preseason game 3-ish?
If offline at TT wins: we'll need to start earlier in order to give ample time for the draft to finish.
If offline via PM wins: 15 rounds...that's three work weeks at one round a week. You do the math.
Old 06-27-2007   #27
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

Quote:
checo446
Sweet, I got the 2nd pick... Kris Brown here I come...
Damn...And I am stuck at nine. If LT falls this far you wanna make a deal?
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-27-2007   #28
checo446
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 checo446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
Damn...And I am stuck at nine. If LT falls this far you wanna make a deal?
I will consider it, but I am going to have really tough time letting Brown get past me at 2...
Old 06-27-2007   #29
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 88272 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Been playing FFL for almost 20 years, I don't think I've ever had the #1 pick before.
Old 06-28-2007   #30
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I am at 5. Not really good. Not really bad. I can live with it.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007   #31
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Earl and Wario still need to vote.

It's neck and neck between offline at TT.com and online.

Your votes count, unlike your vote in a presidential election.
Old 06-28-2007   #32
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
I am at 5. Not really good. Not really bad. I can live with it.
I find that drafting in the middle to late is where championships are one. That's not to say that you can't win from anywhere though. Meh.

I've been playing FF since 1991, the time before Al Gore invented the internet. (Yes, I know the internet was live at that time, but normal people did not use it.) We used newspaper box scores and live drafts. And we walked to school uphill both ways. In the snow.

Rick
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007   #33
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

OK...votes are in for the draft...

It'll be offline at TT.com by a 5-4 vote. Two teams didn't vote and I didn't either, although I would have been the 6th vote for TT.com.

Next up....I'll be back after some research on how long these things normally take and report back with a draft start date/time.

I'm assuming the top pick is Tomlinson???? TD...can you verify?
Old 06-29-2007   #34
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

With the #1 pick, TD selects ......

*drum roll*

TJ Houshamazilly!
Old 06-29-2007   #35
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
With the #1 pick, TD selects ......

*drum roll*

TJ Houshamazilly!
With the #1 overall pick, TD selects......

Wali Lundy!!!! TD's such a homer.
Old 06-29-2007   #36
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 88272 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
I'm assuming the top pick is Tomlinson???? TD...can you verify?
In spite of all the grief I'm sure to take from ESPN for passing on Reggie Bush, that's an affirmative on Tomlinson. Throw in the caveat that nothing happens to him prior to the draft.

I'm out of pocket until July 11. Shoot me an e-mail where you sent the e-vite if I need to do anything before then.
Old 07-02-2007   #37
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

After some deliberation, I want to set the draft start date for Wednesday, August 1st. This gives us time to get the draft done in time for the regular season. I realize that we risk player preseason injuries, but we do need time to complete the draft and with everyone's schedules, this is the best way to do it.

I'll create a draft thread for everyone to make their picks and will update rosters on our league site after each round (if the site allows me to do so). I'll also keep a running list on the first page of the draft thread to keep things easily trackable...we don't want to run the risk of two teams trying to draft Jabbar Gaffney, now, do we?

The draft thread will be created on Tuesday, July 31st, right here in the Tailgate section.
Old 07-02-2007   #38
checo446
Veteran

can't wait...
Old 07-02-2007   #39
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

August 1 mark it down!
Old 07-02-2007   #40
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by checo446 View Post
can't wait...

Well...technically, you have to.

TD's said that barring an act of gosh, LT is the top pick...guess that would mean that you can announce the #2 pick if you really want to....of course, both picks are subject to change when the actual draft date hits.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read