Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-23-2007   #1
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Oilers NFL Lost Treasures on NFLN today

oh man, this show is classic.

it may be replayed later. it has some classic Carl Mauch footage.

some emotional stuff. mauch really loved bum phillips and still does to this day. great guys and a great time in Houston sports history.

him singing 'The Oiler Cannonball' practically brought a tear to my eye.
Old 06-23-2007   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oilers NFL Lost Treasures on NFLN today

I work for/with Carl's daughter Chrissy Mauch and she tells me he hasn't changed a bit. Some great stuff from Bum on this show as well.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007   #3
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I work for/with Carl's daughter Chrissy Mauch and she tells me he hasn't changed a bit. Some great stuff from Bum on this show as well.
dude, if you could ever come across as an mp3 of the Oiler Cannonball song let me know.
Old 06-23-2007   #4
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

This was really good. Too bad they didn't show the first 30 minutes. If anyone sees it scheduled again let us know.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
dude, if you could ever come across as an mp3 of the Oiler Cannonball song let me know.
I'll ask Chrissy if she has a copy....I'll get back with ya.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007   #6
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I still have this on vinyl somewhere. You've got to love the lyrics... the fancy passin' Dego...
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.mackhayes.com/LUV%20ERA%20PHOTO%20PAGE

Quote:
Sports fans will always remember the 1970's Bum Phillips's Houston Oiler football team as one of the most exciting and colorful teams in all of pro sports. In December of 1978 near the height of Oiler mania, my wife Sandra and I wrote and I performed a parody of "The Twelve Days of Christmas" entitled "The Twelve Days of Oiler Christmas" on the GOOD MORNING HOUSTON television show starring my friends Don Nelson and Jan Glenn. Originally intended as just a fun tribute to the Oilers, to everyone's amazement, the station was flooded with calls from viewers and other TV and radio stations in Houston wanting a record of the song. (See what I mean about Oiler mania?) I recorded the song later that morning and by that evening it was being played 24/7 on every radio and TV station in town. Go figure. The next day I was summoned to Houston Oiler's owner Bud Adams' office and was asked to write a song to spearhead a popular new promotion called "Luv Ya Blue" that the team was going to use as a focal point for the next ('79 - '80) season. I wrote and recorded "Luv Ya Blue" and introduced it at the famous Oiler's pep rally at the Astrodome following a their heartbreaking loss to Pittsburgh in the '78 playoffs. The next season I performed with my "Luv Ya Blue Band" at every Oilers home game in the Astrodome. What a kick!
Cannonball is on that Oilers hits album. Mack Hayes' stuff was more than cheesy but people ate it up. I remember them playing at home games on a stage in the corner of the endzone.

Last edited by aj.; 06-24-2007 at 02:29 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-24-2007   #8
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Those Columbia Blue Cowboys Hats... my dad still has his, put away in like 1982. I remember he bought it at Cutter Bill on Westheimer by the Galleria.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read