Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How many do they pull our this year?
4 or fewer 2 1.82%
5 2 1.82%
6 7 6.36%
7 6 5.45%
8 36 32.73%
9 40 36.36%
10 13 11.82%
11 or more 4 3.64%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2007   #21
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Record Prediction 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreTexan View Post
I think we can pull out 9 wins...this season
The other Harcore says 8-8 with a chance to go 9-7.
Old 07-17-2007   #22
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageFerguson View Post
seriously? or goggles?
Little bit of both. My money is on the Texans winning more than 6.5 games. I have been calling 12 wins for 2007 since Kubiak was hired and do not think it is out of the realm if we can start off the right foot and do not have any injuries. Moreover, given the fact that many teams can have quick turnarounds given the right chemistry and fortune going their way, I like to think that God just not only looks into the Irving toilet on Sundays, but also will spreading some love our way via Hail Mary's, Miraculous Receptions and divine protection for our QB.
Old 07-17-2007   #23
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Record Prediction 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'll play:

CHIEFS - WIN
@ Panthers - WIN
COLTS - LOSS
@ Falcons - WIN
DOLPHINS - WIN
@ Jaguars - LOSS
TITANS - WIN
@ Chargers - LOSS
@ Raiders - WIN
SAINTS - WIN
@ Browns - WIN
@ Titans - WIN
BUCCANEERS - WIN
BRONCOS - LOSS
@ Colts - LOSS
JAGUARS - WIN

WOW!!! Thats 11-5. I hope thats how it works out, but I doubt it. I think 8-8 would be a pretty good season and a lot more realistic.
That's what I accidentally did. I listed the games we CAN win, and had 10 wins and one undecided (I don't know what Tampa Bay looks like this year).
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007   #24
BobTx1950
Rookie

Angry Re: Record Prediction 2007

Unless we got an offensive line I dont know about and have a hidden defense in the backfirld somewhere we be lucky to win 6 games ..
BobTx1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007   #25
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
W CHIEFS
W @ Panthers
L COLTS
W @ Falcons
L DOLPHINS
L @ Jaguars
W TITANS
L @ Chargers
W @ Raiders
L SAINTS
W @ Browns
W @ Titans
W BUCCANEERS
L BRONCOS
L @ Colts
W JAGUARS
9-7
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007   #26
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I like to think that God just not only looks into the Irving toilet on Sundays, but also will spreading some love our way via Hail Mary's, Miraculous Receptions and divine protection for our QB.

I love your optimism and rationale for 12 wins, but I would be thrilled with 8 wins myself. If 2 of them were against the titans...well, I might just hyperventilate from the happiness.
Old 07-19-2007   #27
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

We just have too many "ifs" that have to fall in place for an 8 win or better season:

If our QB is as good as advertised?
If Green still has alot left in the tank?
If the Oline miraculously figures out how to run and pass block consistently well?
If we find 3 secondary players who are at least average or better?
If we find 2 OLB who are at least average or better?
If our Defensive schemes aren't too passive as last year?
If our Offensive schemes aren't too passive as last year?
If we can solidify our special teams?
If we avoid key injuries?

I say somewhere between 5-8 wins with 8 being really optimistic at this point. I hope they prove me wrong.
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-19-2007   #28
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 287880 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmrb View Post
We just have too many "ifs" that have to fall in place for an 8 win or better season:

If our QB is as good as advertised?
If Green still has alot left in the tank?
If the Oline miraculously figures out how to run and pass block consistently well?
If we find 3 secondary players who are at least average or better?
If we find 2 OLB who are at least average or better?
If our Defensive schemes aren't too passive as last year?
If our Offensive schemes aren't too passive as last year?
If we can solidify our special teams?
If we avoid key injuries?

I say somewhere between 5-8 wins with 8 being really optimistic at this point. I hope they prove me wrong.

I look at it this way, we got 6 wins last year with:
1. A very bad QB
2. Inconsistent RB play.
3. Less talent on the o-line than we have this year.
4. Less talent in the secondary than we have this year.
5. Less talent in the LB crew than we have this year.
6. A defense that averaged less than 290 ypg allowed over the last 13 games.
7. A crappy offense.
8. Below average special teams.
9. A lot of injuries.

So, for me 8 wins seems within reach because we don't have to have ALL those if's go our way. If we have 1 or 2 things go our way, we can win 8. To win 8 games, we do not have to field a team without weaknesses.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007   #29
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

CHIEFS-W
@ Panthers-W
COLTS-W
@ Falcons-W
OPPONENT
DOLPHINS-W
@ Jaguars-L
TITANS-W
@ Chargers-L
@ Raiders-W
SAINTS-W
@ Browns-W
@ Titans-L
BUCCANEERS-L
BRONCOS-L
@ Colts-L
JAGUARS-W
Heck, I guess I should've hit 10-6 instead of 8-8. Looks like we have our 1st WINNING season!!!!!
Old 07-19-2007   #30
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Wins bolded. I feel that the Raiders game can go either way though.

CHIEFS
@ Panthers
COLTS
@ Falcons
DOLPHINS
@ Jaguars
TITANS
@ Chargers
@ Raiders
SAINTS
@ Browns
@ Titans
BUCCANEERS
BRONCOS
@ Colts
JAGUARS
Old 07-19-2007   #31
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

CHIEFS...LOSS
@ Panthers...WIN
COLTS...LOSS
@ Falcons...WIN
OPPONENT
DOLPHINS...WIN
@ Jaguars...LOSS
TITANS...WIN
@ Chargers...LOSS
@ Raiders...WIN
SAINTS...LOSS
@ Browns...LOSS
@ Titans...LOSS
BUCCANEERS...WIN
BRONCOS...LOSS
@ Colts...LOSS
JAGUARS...WIN

What the hell. It's almost training camp and I'm feeling optimistic. 7 wins cause they go 3-1 against the NFC South.

Last edited by Texans Horror; 07-19-2007 at 03:37 PM.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007   #32
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Texans Horror;694083]
Quote:

CHIEFS...LOSS
@ Panthers...WIN
COLTS...LOSS
@ Falcons...WIN
OPPONENT
DOLPHINS...WIN
@ Jaguars...LOSS
TITANS...WIN
@ Chargers...LOSS
@ Raiders...WIN
SAINTS...LOSS
@ Browns...LOSS
@ Titans...LOSS
BUCCANEERS...WIN
BRONCOS...LOSS
@ Colts...LOSS
JAGUARS...WIN

What the hell. It's almost training camp and I'm feeling optimistic. 7 wins cause they go 3-1 against the AFC South.
Um...maybe I'm not reading this right, but you have us at 2-4 against the AFC South. Did you mean NFC South?
Old 07-19-2007   #33
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

CHIEFS- W
@ Panthers- W
COLTS- L
@ Falcons- W
OPPONENT- WTF?
DOLPHINS- W
@ Jaguars- L
TITANS- W
@ Chargers- L
@ Raiders- W
SAINTS- L
@ Browns- W
@ Titans- L
BUCCANEERS- W
BRONCOS- L
@ Colts- L
JAGUARS- W

I've been saying 9-7 since the schedule came out, and I'm still saying 9-7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007   #34
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Um...maybe I'm not reading this right, but you have us at 2-4 against the AFC South. Did you mean NFC South?
Don't let us handle your math! Corrected it. 3-1 against NFC South, 2-4 against AFC South
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007   #35
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I look at it this way, we got 6 wins last year with:
1. A very bad QB
2. Inconsistent RB play.
3. Less talent on the o-line than we have this year.
4. Less talent in the secondary than we have this year.
5. Less talent in the LB crew than we have this year.
6. A defense that averaged less than 290 ypg allowed over the last 13 games.
7. A crappy offense.
8. Below average special teams.
9. A lot of injuries.

So, for me 8 wins seems within reach because we don't have to have ALL those if's go our way. If we have 1 or 2 things go our way, we can win 8. To win 8 games, we do not have to field a team without weaknesses.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. While we know we have weaknesses... do we have any definite strengths. Not relative to the rest of the team... but the rest of the league. Is there one thing that we do that we are even in the top 1/3 of the league in? I know there are things we have the potential to be good... but is there anything we have a track record of doing well?

Mike
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007   #36
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. While we know we have weaknesses... do we have any definite strengths. Not relative to the rest of the team... but the rest of the league. Is there one thing that we do that we are even in the top 1/3 of the league in? I know there are things we have the potential to be good... but is there anything we have a track record of doing well?

Mike

Andre Johnson & Demeco Ryans and that's it. I believe we will be improved this year but, I doubt we will win more than 7 or 8 games even if alot of my "ifs" come thru for us.
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007   #37
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is there one thing that we do that we are even in the top 1/3 of the league in?
Mike
Details! We shouldn't let a little thing like not being in the top third of the league in anything bog us down from predicting a winning season.

I'll go with 9-7 with a good bounce or two and 8-8 without the bounce.

Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007   #38
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubes will get them to 10 this year
Old 07-19-2007   #39
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
I think you're getting a littel ahead of yourself with that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007   #40
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Mike
As pointed out earlier, Demeco and Andre. I would also add
our defense(the last 2/3 of last season is more indicative than the first1/3),
our run offense showed signs of getting into the "Kubes Groove" over the last 1/3 of last season and we had a pretty damned good offseason considering our coaching staff has a year together, as do our great rookies from the '06 draft(YES we had great rookies last year other than Ryans), our vets have a year experience under the new regime's system, we have a new QB, that, in itself is an improvement(maybe not top 1/3, but maybe it is...), KW finally gets an honest chance to strut his stuff. I think we'll be impressed by our Texans this year. JMHO.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read