Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How many times will Schaub be sacked next season
more than 50 4 5.80%
41 to 50 5 7.25%
31 to 40 29 42.03%
21 to 30 29 42.03%
less than 20 2 2.90%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2007   #1
SheTitan
Rookie

Rep Power: 942 SheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How Many Times Will Schaub be Sacked Next Season

How will Schaub and the O-Line do?
SheTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #2
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How Many Times Will Schaub be Sacked Next Season

Less than VY interceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvb93 View Post
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

They won't be setting any new sack records, if that's what you're asking.
Old 06-21-2007   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Better question which will be lower vy passing % or Texans sack total.
Old 06-21-2007   #5
SheTitan
Rookie

Rep Power: 942 SheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respected

I may be a Titans fan, but I was just curious to see how much better you guys think this stat will be. It wasn't meant to be smack

A link to last year's stats http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/...13&start_row=1

Last edited by SheTitan; 06-21-2007 at 04:46 PM.
SheTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #6
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I may be a Titans fan, but I was just curious to see how much better you guys think this stat will be. It wasn't meant to be smack
It's okay buddy...i wouldn't be sure either. It's a hard thing to have to decide....do you really want to go to a stadium that has "make it rain" promotions?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't even remember what's average anymore.

HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-21-2007   #8
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I said the OL got 25% better the day they cut Carr .
Old 06-21-2007   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

wow some optimism (im being nice) so far.. i voted 30-40 because i dont think our line is that great... a pro is that schaub will make them better because he gets rid of the ball quickly, a con will be that we'll actually operate a proper nfl passing game this yr with 5 step drops etc so i expect the number to be similiar to last year
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

For reference from '06 season:

The average sacks allowed per team = 36, the median = 34.5
Highest number of sacks allowed - Raiders (72), lowest - Colts (15)
Texans sacks allowed = 43 (9th highest total)
Average passing attempts per sack = 14.2
Texans passing attempts per sack = 11.2
Matt Schaub career passing attempts per sack = 13.4
Old 06-21-2007   #11
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

A link to last year's stats http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/...13&start_row=1
All good, I just get used to sticking my nose in the smack talking forum and see a titans fans and intially want to be a smartass.

I said to someone that the Texans that I know of 12 sacks caused by the qb position alone last year, and that is without reviewing any tape. So I say that plus a few more less sacks would be about right.

Old 06-21-2007   #12
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd figure it would be about equal with last year. The O-Line is still in flux, and Schaub ain't as mobile as Carr, even if he can actually find the number 2 WR.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #13
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Schaub ain't as mobile as Carr
How do ya figure??? Carr had zero pocket presence which caused a lot of his sacks. He probably has better straight line speed and is slightly more agile in the open field, but in the pocket he might as well be a statue. Between the tackles it would be hard to find a QB less mobile than Carr.

A great example of a slow mobile would be Dan Marino. He was a slow runner but very illusive in the pocket. We saw another example of this with Sage in the Tennessee game last year. No way Sage beats Carr in a foot race, but I would consider him a much more mobile QB based on his pocket and field presense.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
For reference from '06 season:

The average sacks allowed per team = 36, the median = 34.5
Highest number of sacks allowed - Raiders (72), lowest - Colts (15)
Texans sacks allowed = 43 (9th highest total)
Average passing attempts per sack = 14.2
Texans passing attempts per sack = 11.2
Matt Schaub career passing attempts per sack = 13.4
OK. Now I need to see the average yards (or steps) in the QBs drop per sack. ICAK?
Old 06-21-2007   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
OK. Now I need to see the average yards (or steps) in the QBs drop per sack. ICAK?
That one is too esoteric for me, plus the only data source I know is rewatching last year's games and I ain't watching HWWNBN except on a sideline at this point.
Old 06-21-2007   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

There are a lot of very optimistic voters out there.

I'm expecting us to be about average: 33-36.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
OK. Now I need to see the average yards (or steps) in the QBs drop per sack.
Well, I can tell you that the Texans lost an average of -5.9 yards/sack. Which is a similar ratio to other teams that deploy a lot of 3-step drops, such as the Jets and the Broncos. The Texans still run the WCO, so I don't think 3-step drop routes are going away.

What I would like to see is the Texans passing more out of the shotgun on passing downs. Kubiak had his reasons last year for not going with the shotgun (other than screens and draws), but I think Schaub deserves the chance to try it. The shotgun really helps guys like Manning & Brady get a little more time to look downfield and make a play.
Old 06-22-2007   #18
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
What I would like to see is the Texans passing more out of the shotgun on passing downs. Kubiak had his reasons last year for not going with the shotgun (other than screens and draws), but I think Schaub deserves the chance to try it. The shotgun really helps guys like Manning & Brady get a little more time to look downfield and make a play.

I may just be a fat guy in the Bull Pen, but I have never understood why we didn't use the shotgun more. It seems to me that if you are getting too much of a pass rush you would want your QB to be a little further from the line.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223599 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

With an improved running game, the sack total should go down some. But the Texans will still be close to the bottom of the league in sacks allowed.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007   #20
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read