Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-18-2007   #1
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ranking the QB's .

Just because it's slow .

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...qbs/index.html
Old 06-18-2007   #2
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ranking the QB's .

Absolute garbage........

No way VY should be that high after 1 avg. to below avg. year.

& no matter how you slice it Mr. Kang' Jon Kitna is not better than McNabb, Roethlisberger & Favre. 3 QB's who've each led their teams to superbowls.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #3
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Kitna had better Stats but his team finished the season with the second pick of the draft. McNabb prior to another freak injury was putting up career numbers.

I think it took a while for big Ben to get back mentally into playing shape myself and i expect a bounce back type of year for him.

Was i the only one entertained about the Schaub/Vick Comments?

The VY comments are laughable but i'll hold reservations until next year.

I think Cutler will make some noise next year in Denver though. I said it before and i'll say it again out of the big three QB's drafted last year Cutler will have the better career.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

You don't see or here about how the Texans got screwed anymore ... at least by the Falcon fans .
Old 06-18-2007   #5
real

When you base your opinion off of stats and media hype, this is what you get
Old 06-18-2007   #6
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Peter King is a racist ****bag. Look at the "intangibles"......the intangibles list is code for being lily white. average out the black qb's intangibles and the white qb's intangibles, and then look down the list......apparently jon kitna has more "it" than steve mcnair. *****. He should be banned from breathing.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #7
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
What I've done: ranked the 2007 starting quarterbacks in the league from 1 to 32, from Manning (Peyton) to Croyle (Brodie). The rankings are in the order of who will have the best seasons in 2007 and 2007 only.
read what he is saying. He ranks Kitna higher then others due to his team, and King is basing this on the 2007 stats as he estimates them.

Roy Willimas and C Johnson are going to be a nice group for a salty vet like Kitna. I could see him having a solid season if his line can keep him off the ground. I mean in that group who gets the double? Leave CJ alone or in S coverage I can not see that being good, same with Williams.

Young I am bias so I will hold my comments.

McNabb has what? He is expected to come back next season. Most likely he will not be at full speed and take allot of pressure. With the loss of Stallworth I do not see many options. It could be a long season for the birds.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-18-2007   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
Peter King is a racist ****bag. Look at the "intangibles"......the intangibles list is code for being lily white. average out the black qb's intangibles and the white qb's intangibles, and then look down the list......apparently jon kitna has more "it" than steve mcnair. *****. He should be banned from breathing.
I disagree with your thought of Peter King being racist. But we all have our own opinions. I just think you're wrong.

And I would take Kitna over McNair right now if I had to choose one or the other.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #9
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Blazing Arrow;682137

McNabb has what? He is expected to come back next season. Most likely he will not be at full speed and take allot of pressure. With the loss of Stallworth I do not see many options. It could be a long season for the birds.[/QUOTE]

Overall Kitna has never been a BAD QB...but i think his best Season was in Cinci with 8-8 pre Carson Palmer. I do agree on CJ and Williams though...assuming Roy keeps quiet and plays football.

McNair has had an MVP Kitna could never say that...much less get a sniff of one.

McNabb will be fine next year. They added Kevin Curtis opposite Reggie Brown, have a solid TE in LJ, and Brian Westbrook finally had a healthy Season(he was the reason they made the playoff push, not Garcia.) Overall they hada solid draft...though after signing Feeley to a deal and making Kolb their first pick does puzzle me.I thought i heard a trade to the bears rumor.....that would be a sick team.
Old 06-19-2007   #10
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Blazing Arrow;682137]read what he is saying. He ranks Kitna higher then others due to his team, and King is basing this on the 2007 stats as he estimates them.

Roy Willimas and C Johnson are going to be a nice group for a salty vet like Kitna. I could see him having a solid season if his line can keep him off the ground. I mean in that group who gets the double? Leave CJ alone or in S coverage I can not see that being good, same with Williams.

Young I am bias so I will hold my comments.

McNabb has what? He is expected to come back next season. Most likely he will not be at full speed and take allot of pressure. With the loss of Stallworth I do not see many options. It could be a long season for the birds.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? So Stallworth is gone, considering who the guy was throwing to all those years when they lost the NFC Championship
games (Todd Stinkston & James Trash) I'd say He doesn't need much to put up great stats & have a winning team. Lets not even mention how many games Stallworth missed with injury & what Mcnabb was doing prior to his injury last year.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Look at the "intangibles"......the intangibles list is code for being lily white.
Yeah, the intangibles are just to keep the black man down.

Signed,

Vince Young
Old 06-19-2007   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i didnt get that at all tbh..

anyway he seems to think schaub will be pretty good so thats a +
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #13
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31195 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
i didnt get that at all tbh..

anyway he seems to think schaub will be pretty good so thats a +
I did not get it either. I think he is trying to hard. Anyhow, Schaub at #19 is fair enough. I think he will be good as well, but realistically you can throw him in the upper tier until he has a few games under his belt.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #14
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Average white QB intangible rating: 6.6
Average black QB intangible rating: 5.4

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #15
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post

Are you serious? So Stallworth is gone, considering who the guy was throwing to all those years when they lost the NFC Championship
games (Todd Stinkston & James Trash) I'd say He doesn't need much to put up great stats & have a winning team. Lets not even mention how many games Stallworth missed with injury & what Mcnabb was doing prior to his injury last year.
In Case you haven't checked Tood Pinkston has rightfully been released. James Thrash might still be with Washington.

As far as what McNabb was doing PRIOR to his injury

180/316 for a 58.2 completion percentage with 2647 yards
8.38 Yards per completion with the longest being 91 yards
18 to 6 TD/INT ratio

You'd have be crazy not to take those kind of numbers prior to his injury. I might add that even with that severly inept receiving corps...they made the NFC championship several times. To me that says something in itself. Speaking when is the last time we made it to ONE?

Some people have a hangup on Philly understandably. I became a fan during the Cunningham days and followed through ever since. I do think some people want to Hose Donovan despite everything he's accomplished and been through.
Old 06-19-2007   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well your boy Vick is bringing the average down with his pure tangible only negative intangibles. McNair is existing on intangibles at this point and of course Young is off the charts. Despite McNabb's play, he hasn't built a consensus in his own locker room. Where's the conspiracy.
Old 06-19-2007   #17
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20683 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're not considering sample size.

Would you rather have a .300 hitter with 25 at-bats or a .750 hitter with 4 at-bats?
Beer and Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #18
Immobilarity
Made You Look

Rep Power: 16 Immobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden cover

I'm more interested in the one with 4 at bats!

Regardless, I can't take Peter King all that serious. Every article he ends with comments about Starbucks coffee.

smh, real men don't need that frappucino/mochalatte stuff. I'm even disgusted at myself for even knowing those drinks.
Old 06-19-2007   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6620150
Old 06-19-2007   #20
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Ranking the QB's .

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Yeah, the intangibles are just to keep the black man down.

Signed,

Vince Young
Bwahahah. Sorry, that was funny.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read