Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-01-2004   #1
WincInsider
Rookie

Default William & Mary QB, Lang Campbell

There's talk that the Texans are looking to sign William & Mary's QB, Lang Campbell ... anyone else hear this ?

UD Head Coach K.C. Keeler on Tribe quarterback Lang Campbell ...
"There's not a better quarterback in the country. He has my All-American vote."

William & Mary Football
WincInsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

One question.

Why?
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #3
William
Rookie

really we have some good QBs as backups i think BJ will be nice to have once he gets back to full health
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #4
WincInsider
Rookie

I'm not sure but I'm from Winchester, VA and have heard from reliable source that they are very much interested ?

Why ??? maybe because money is always an issue I guess ?

We'll just have to wait and see if this does develop into reality.
Old 11-01-2004   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

They may like the Kid. I donno.

I do know that we drafted a QB in the last 3 drafts and still have them all and everyone is under contract. Carr (not going anywhere), Ragone (second year in the system) and Symmons (who everyone is very high on). If this kid is a first day pick there is little to no chance we pick him up.
Old 11-02-2004   #6
WincInsider
Rookie

I just know there's talk about it in his hometown here, a 1st day pick, I don't believe so ... so the Texans might have a chance to get him late ?
Old 11-02-2004   #7
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems to me we are pretty full at the QB spot. Might wast a late round pick on one as kind of a flyer, but I don't look for us to pick one on the first day at all.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2004   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hasn't Banks said after this year that he wants to try and start for another team? I don't have a link or source, just thought I read it or heard it somewhere.
Old 11-02-2004   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I don't think Banks will be here next year but we have been grooming Ragone for number 2 for two years now and Symmons, Ragone and Carr will likely be our QB's next year and we will go in to 2005 with everyone with at least one year in the playbook for the first time. Charlie loves having equity in the form of a QB with NFL skills so I guess anything is possible so it wouldn't shock me to see a QB on the second day. It would totally shock me to see one taken on day one.
Old 11-14-2004   #10
WincInsider
Rookie

W&M QB Named A10 Offensive Player of the Week

Campbell’s Homecoming, Tribe QB Faces JMU in Key A-10 Battle

Last edited by WincInsider; 11-14-2004 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-21-2004   #11
WincInsider
Rookie

Tribe Quarterback Receives Second-straight A10 Award

He also set the 11-game, regular season record for total offense (3,238) … Campbell has now thrown 235 consecutive passes without an INT, and he has thrown just one in 326 attempts this season
Old 11-29-2004   #12
WincInsider
Rookie

More info that Houston is looking at William & Mary QB, Lang Campbell. Also, November 26th, in USA TODAY there was an article on W&M and Lang.

Quote below was taken from another message board :

Re: Lang Campbell -Walter Payton Award Finalist Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I first saw Campbell play during the UNC game... I knew right then and there, that kid may have a future after his W&M days... Didn't he have to walk on also...?

Re: Lang Campbell -Walter Payton Award Finalist Reply
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, Lang was a recruited walk-on. He also played basbetball at W&M his freshman year. Tony Shaver told me this year that he wishes he had Lang on the hardwood now. He credits Jim Reid, then coach at Richmond, with advising him that W&M might be the best fit for him. There are a bunch of NFL teams looking at him. The head scout for the Houston Texans was at the Richmond game. Oddly enough, he was the JMU assistant who told Lang they didn't see a future for him with the Dukes. Imagine their dismay at that decision!
Old 11-30-2004   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Old 12-01-2004   #14
WincInsider
Rookie

Vinny, where did you find that photo ???
Old 12-01-2004   #15
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing I do know. We will use 1 pick on a QB. CC knows they have value, and I think he spots the good ones late in the draft well. Maybe Jason Campbell from Auburn?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004   #16
Maverick34

Go Tribe! They just won a hell of a game vs. Delaware today in the playoffs, came back from 31-7 in the 4th Q to win in overtime

W&M traditionally produces good QBs though not NFL caliber. I think they had a guy who was a3rd QB for the Redskins a while ago but that was the exception. Other than Darren Sharper we haven't produced an NFL starter in a while.

Campbell isn't that big but not too small either, it will depend on his arm strength whether he gets a shot in the NFL
Old 12-05-2004   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WincInsider
Vinny, where did you find that photo ???
I started to do some research on him when I saw the quote that the head scout for the Houston Texans was at the Richmond game. The pic is from the Winchester Star.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Old 12-05-2004   #18
WincInsider
Rookie

Default W&M's Campbell Named Finalist for Payton Award

W&M's Campbell Named Finalist for Payton Award

Senior quarterback Lang Campbell has been named a finalist for the 2004 Payton Award.
Old 12-07-2004   #19
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

lang campbell is a solid QB but if you want to look at division 1-AA QB's why not look at the best one at sam houston state's very own dustin long...did any of ya'll catch his come back from behind victory drive on ewu with only seconds to go in the 4th
Old 12-15-2004   #20
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1946984

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read