Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-15-2007   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55991 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default TV Provider?

I am about to move into a new apartment in Florida. I want to be able to see all of the Texans games and alot of other games that they will not be showing locally. I also want to grab a few major channels in HD...not all of them...I don't need the FOOD network in HD. I want to know which provider will allow me to do this. I assume it is mostly the same in most areas. The two major ones I have heard about around here are Comcast and DirecTV. I have always been confused on if Comcast allows you to get a deal like DirecTV's Sunday Ticket where you can watch all the games. Please help.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007   #2
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: TV Provider?

Sunday Ticket is exclusive to DTV. If you want all of your games the only provider that does it is DTV if you are not in the local area.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007   #3
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55991 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Sunday Ticket is exclusive to DTV. If you want all of your games the only provider that does it is DTV if you are not in the local area.
That is pretty much the only information that I need. Thank you. Mods if this is correct you can delete this thread.
Old 06-16-2007   #4
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah! delete the thread! we can't have these useless trolls handing out helpful information!

Smack Returner code of ideals:
polite. smart. tact. merit. respect. slap. owned.
CLICK TERRY TATE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION

R E Y N A L D O L O G Y
I talk more than I have to say. - SEC 330 BIPOLAR
Old 06-16-2007   #5
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
yeah! delete the thread! we can't have these useless trolls handing out helpful information!
umm.. ok. hey at least now i get your username- so thats 1 positive from that post.. otherwise you were just trolling like alot of the tacks on here with some certain exceptions
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't delete the thread. I found this information to be useful. I didn't realize that DirecTV was the only provider for this. I found that out about an hour ago though. Gonna be 250 for the NFL package in Austin through Time Warner. I just moved to Austin for the summer and am in the middle of getting set up. Heh!
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007   #7
rvguy121
RVGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Don't delete the thread. I found this information to be useful. I didn't realize that DirecTV was the only provider for this. I found that out about an hour ago though. Gonna be 250 for the NFL package in Austin through Time Warner. I just moved to Austin for the summer and am in the middle of getting set up. Heh!
I just checked Time Warner website and I could not find NFL ticket there...I have Time Warner here in Dallas. They showed to provide only NBA, NHL, MLB but no mention of NFL. I'm about to switch to DTV because I have not been able to watch our beloved Texans on a consistent basis. No more! This year, I'm watching them on my new 57" Mitsubushi!
rvguy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-17-2007   #8
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Yea, it sucks for us people who moved from Houston...or just don't live there.
Old 06-17-2007   #9
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvguy121 View Post
I just checked Time Warner website and I could not find NFL ticket there...I have Time Warner here in Dallas. They showed to provide only NBA, NHL, MLB but no mention of NFL. I'm about to switch to DTV because I have not been able to watch our beloved Texans on a consistent basis. No more! This year, I'm watching them on my new 57" Mitsubushi!
It's an option there. I went to their offices personally and selected my plan while I was there. I'm not certain if it's called NFL Ticket but it's a plan that offers all the NFL games for $249.99. I'll look at it later on and find out for certain. If there's a 'Stay Weird' person here, I'm sure they can elaborate more. I was really rushed when I got the plan which is why I cannot remember what package it was exactly but I know it shows every one of the NFL games.

Based on what you're saying, I'm now shaking in fear of 'blackout in this area' scenarios.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007   #10
rvguy121
RVGuy

Quote:
It's an option there. I went to their offices personally and selected my plan while I was there. I'm not certain if it's called NFL Ticket but it's a plan that offers all the NFL games for $249.99. I'll look at it later on and find out for certain. If there's a 'Stay Weird' person here, I'm sure they can elaborate more. I was really rushed when I got the plan which is why I cannot remember what package it was exactly but I know it shows every one of the NFL games.

Based on what you're saying, I'm now shaking in fear of 'blackout in this area' scenarios.
I'll contact Time Warner here in Dallas to confirm or deny the availability of such a plan, as maybe their website is not current. I don't know about blackout scenarios...seems if they are offering all the games weekly, none would be blacked out. Go figure....
Old 06-17-2007   #11
rvguy121
RVGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
RV guy good luck, I had a 64 Mitsubishi and had a oil blow-bye problem, that couldn't be found...
I really hope there aren't any problems! I did get an extended warranty.
Old 06-18-2007   #12
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 19944 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:

If you can elaborate on this one I'd appreciate it. I find nothing on Time Warners site that states they offer anything like this, and I've looked locally and nationally.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #13
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1265 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I was under the impression that DTV is the only one with all the NFL Games in a package called the NFL Ticket. I have had it for years because TW never could offer it. If TW has it now the competition is on, but in my mnd I'll never switch from DTV, way too many hassles with TW, especially when their so called Digital TV cant work unless the coax is flawless, sheeesh.

Last edited by BigWig; 06-18-2007 at 08:04 AM. Reason: spelling
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #14
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1265 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I am about to move into a new apartment in Florida. I want to be able to see all of the Texans games and alot of other games that they will not be showing locally. I also want to grab a few major channels in HD...not all of them...I don't need the FOOD network in HD. I want to know which provider will allow me to do this. I assume it is mostly the same in most areas. The two major ones I have heard about around here are Comcast and DirecTV. I have always been confused on if Comcast allows you to get a deal like DirecTV's Sunday Ticket where you can watch all the games. Please help.
Oh and I forgot, the food network is awesome in HD if you love Rachel Ray like I do!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #15
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
umm.. ok. hey at least now i get your username- so thats 1 positive from that post.. otherwise you were just trolling like alot of the tacks on here with some certain exceptions
no I'm not. You just don't know me that well.

btw- I was being sarcastic about deleting the thread.
Old 06-18-2007   #16
rvguy121
RVGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
I was under the impression that DTV is the only one with all the NFL Games in a package called the NFL Ticket. I have had it for years because TW never could offer it. If TW has it now the competition is on, but in my mnd I'll never switch from DTV, way too many hassles with TW, especially when their so called Digital TV cant work unless the coax is flawless, sheeesh.
Well I contacted the Time Warner office in Dallas. The woman I talked to on the phone put me on hold, and had to go to her manager because she was unaware of any such plan. She later returned and said no details were available right now, but if said programming becomes available it would be near the beginning of football season. But she was also unsure in what areas said programming might be available. To me the conversation sort of indicated "I don't know nuthin' but yes, we're gonna have something like that, and we can't talk about it just yet."

She was flabbergasted to find out that someone in Austin already has it!
Old 06-18-2007   #17
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvguy121 View Post
Well I contacted the Time Warner office in Dallas. The woman I talked to on the phone put me on hold, and had to go to her manager because she was unaware of any such plan. She later returned and said no details were available right now, but if said programming becomes available it would be near the beginning of football season. But she was also unsure in what areas said programming might be available. To me the conversation sort of indicated "I don't know nuthin' but yes, we're gonna have something like that, and we can't talk about it just yet."

She was flabbergasted to find out that someone in Austin already has it!
That sounds more like "I am trained to never tell you no so I will say this and that so you will stay with us".

Sounds like DTV is my best bet.
Old 06-18-2007   #18
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

As I understand it when DTV originally put the plan together with the NFL they claim exclusive rights. DTV betting consumers would pay a premium to see non market teams play each season. The NFL bet that only locals people would want to do that anyways and most of the local people get the stations that cover them anyways. NFL offered the package to DTV on the cheap thinking they had just made a bunch of money off of nothing, DTV insisted on a long term contract for it as well. NFL again thinking they were selling nothing agreed. Here we are about 10 years later and the NFL is shooting itself in the foot and has tried to break the contract several times. DTV I guess has a strong contract and strong enough lawyers because they have had it upheld 2 times that I can remember. I think in 2 more seasons or so the contract expires and I am sure you will see the NFL package on all major carrier. Until then DTV or nothing.
Old 06-18-2007   #19
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
As I understand it when DTV originally put the plan together with the NFL they claim exclusive rights. DTV betting consumers would pay a premium to see non market teams play each season. The NFL bet that only locals people would want to do that anyways and most of the local people get the stations that cover them anyways. NFL offered the package to DTV on the cheap thinking they had just made a bunch of money off of nothing, DTV insisted on a long term contract for it as well. NFL again thinking they were selling nothing agreed. Here we are about 10 years later and the NFL is shooting itself in the foot and has tried to break the contract several times. DTV I guess has a strong contract and strong enough lawyers because they have had it upheld 2 times that I can remember. I think in 2 more seasons or so the contract expires and I am sure you will see the NFL package on all major carrier. Until then DTV or nothing.
Good info thanks.
Old 06-18-2007   #20
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Also blackouts really suck on DTV. For example I live a good 30+ miles out of Oakland but can not watch a Raider home game because I live in the SF Bay Area zone and get blacked out.

Blackout happen no matter the carrier. It is an NFL/TV broadcasting thing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read