Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Coaches Attire

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
It's June and there's not alot of football to talk about. Soo, I decided to get some different opinions over head coaches gameday attire. Del Rio and Nalan have decided to wear the suits for every home game. That's fine, whatever, but are they trying to make a point? Personally, I don't really care, but when you look at the thing Belichick wears it makes ya think.

So, what say you? Should there be a head coach dress code? If not, why would they even have an article about coaches attire unless somebodie's trying to make a point?

Though the league determines what apparel can be worn on the sideline, Reebok provides that clothing for coaches -- from Bill Belichick's sleeveless sweatshirts to the black suit Nolan was allowed to wear in two games last season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10224868

See the jacket Kubes has on in your avatar? I have the same one. Personally, I think they should be able to wear surfing shorts if that's what they like. If Belichek gets to wear that horrid hoody, there shouldn't be anything left to be said.

I'm with you 100%, but for discussion sake, should the NFL lay down some sort of code to prevent the Belichek clothesline?

oh come on, we dont wanna be like the NBA do we? :whip:

I personally like the suits Del Rio and Nolan wear, its and old classy look imo.

Not a Cowboys fan, but this guy had class:

landry.jpg

I could honestly care less about what a coach wears. I'm there to watch the game, not look at coaches.

I think Belichick's attire is great. It shows what is truly important, and it sure ain't the clothes you wear!

If Belichek gets to wear that horrid hoody, there shouldn't be anything left to be said.

Belichick wears the hoody as a protest. He wanted to wear a suit or something non-logod on the sidelines and was told he had to wear something with a logo. He said fine and went out and found the ugliest logo item he could and cut it up to make a statement.

I could honestly care less about what a coach wears. I'm there to watch the game, not look at coaches.

I think Belichick's attire is great. It shows what is truly important, and it sure ain't the clothes you wear!

I think he wears that thing due to a superstition more than anything else.:fortune:

Belichick wears the hoody as a protest. He wanted to wear a suit or something non-logod on the sidelines and was told he had to wear something with a logo. He said fine and went out and found the ugliest logo item he could and cut it up to make a statement.

That's awesome! Fight the man, Bill! :pirate:

Do these suits by Rebok have logos on them? I don't remember seeing any.

It's all about investment! I wonder how much Rebok had to PAY to get TWO coaches to wear suits!

Personally, SUITS remind me of all those PEOPLE who sit in the club section and talk business rather than watch the game. Give me Bill B attire anyday, and the FU attitude that goes with it!!:bat:

It's all about investment! I wonder how much Rebok had to PAY to get TWO coaches to wear suits!

Personally, SUITS remind me of all those PEOPLE who sit in the club section and talk business rather than watch the game. Give me Bill B attire anyday, and the FU attitude that goes with it!!:bat:

What's wrong with Bill D. attire?!?!?

:highfive: :thumbup :thumbup I wonder how many of the people trying to enforce these codes have even passed or caught a football.

If a coach prefers to wear a suit, as with Coach Landry, then cool, but if Belichek wants to wear a hoodie, still cool. What does either have to do with their ability to coach?

Are they visible on the outside? That'd be kinda cool having a suit with the Texans logo on the chest pocket.:texflag:

Yeah, it is very small on the pocket--at least it was last year for the one game they got to wear them, but I can't remember if it was an NFL logo or team logo.

It doesn't matter to me what a coach wears. If Belichek wants to tear up his hoody that's fine by me. I think I read somewhere that he gets fined for doing that but I'm not sure if that is true or not. The thing that got me is why it took 3 years of negotiations to finally allow Nolan and Del Rio to wear the suits. Three freakin years!

These are from about a week before the NFL granted Nolan permission to wear suits at home games...it is a blog of an excellent 49ers beat writer

Coach Mike Nolan continues to press the issue of wearing a suit on the sideline. Reebok has again given Nolan permission to wear the suit on the sideline for two games, but Nolan will not be satisfied until he is able to wear the suit for every game.

"They wish it would go away, but I try to keep it alive as much as I can," Nolan said.

Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio is the only other active coach who would wear a suit on the sideline, Nolan said. But if Mike Singletary becomes a head coach, he would likely want to wear a suit, too.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=616326

When Mike Nolan took the 49ers' job, he wanted to wear a suit and tie for a couple reasons. 1) He wanted to honor his father; 2) He thinks wearing a suit and tie shows who's in charge and helps foster respect; and 3) He's a bit of a clotheshorse.

Now, with his father in failing health, Mike Nolan is not about to give up his fight to be allowed to wear clothes of his choosing on the sideline. In fact, Nolan is turning up the heat.

"I'd feel a lot better if they just put it to rest and let me just do it all the time," Nolan said. "Because it's ridiculous they don't. We're trying to send the right message all the time. And it's ignorant for them not to recognize that. Reebok's never had more attention given to them."

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=617142

Mike Nolan's father, Dick Nolan (former NFL Head coach) was diagnosed with alzheimers and prostate cancer, to clarify the part about his father's health...(It goes much more in-depth about his father's health in the blog, but I just quoted a part about the suit)

Maybe its just me, but I have always thought it looked ridiculous when baseball managers wore their team's uniform. I mean who are they fololing? Does anyone seriously think Garner, Cox, or Torre are going to insert themselves in the lineup?

Honestly, as long as the coach's are not wearing uniforms, they can wear whatever they want. I must say though, that Nolan looked quite sharp in his suit.

I think he wears that thing due to a superstition more than anything else.:fortune:

That's EXACTLY why he wears it at this point. Back in November the Colts came to Foxboro on a Sunday night and BB wore a red nylon pullover. The Pats got smoked. I was screaming at my TV, "Where's the gray *$(#@ hoodie, Bill?!?!"

Doesn't work all the time, obviously, but clearly there's some superstition involved here (trust me, a cotton hooded sweatshirt is NOT a good or comfortable thing to wear during a New England winter).

On the subject in general, I could care less what football coaches wear. I never heard that story about BB and the logoed attire, but if it's true that's cool!

Back