Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-14-2007   #1
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Coaches Attire

It's June and there's not alot of football to talk about. Soo, I decided to get some different opinions over head coaches gameday attire. Del Rio and Nalan have decided to wear the suits for every home game. That's fine, whatever, but are they trying to make a point? Personally, I don't really care, but when you look at the thing Belichick wears it makes ya think.

So, what say you? Should there be a head coach dress code? If not, why would they even have an article about coaches attire unless somebodie's trying to make a point?

Quote:
Though the league determines what apparel can be worn on the sideline, Reebok provides that clothing for coaches -- from Bill Belichick's sleeveless sweatshirts to the black suit Nolan was allowed to wear in two games last season.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10224868
Old 06-14-2007   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coaches Attire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
See the jacket Kubes has on in your avatar? I have the same one. Personally, I think they should be able to wear surfing shorts if that's what they like. If Belichek gets to wear that horrid hoody, there shouldn't be anything left to be said.
I'm with you 100%, but for discussion sake, should the NFL lay down some sort of code to prevent the Belichek clothesline?
Old 06-14-2007   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate the idea of mandating a dress code, but that hoody has got to go...
Old 06-14-2007   #4
Il_Bruno
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Il_Bruno was voted MVPIl_Bruno was voted MVPIl_Bruno was voted MVP

oh come on, we dont wanna be like the NBA do we?

I personally like the suits Del Rio and Nolan wear, its and old classy look imo.
Il_Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a Cowboys fan, but this guy had class:

I could honestly care less about what a coach wears. I'm there to watch the game, not look at coaches.

I think Belichick's attire is great. It shows what is truly important, and it sure ain't the clothes you wear!
Old 06-14-2007   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
If Belichek gets to wear that horrid hoody, there shouldn't be anything left to be said.
Belichick wears the hoody as a protest. He wanted to wear a suit or something non-logod on the sidelines and was told he had to wear something with a logo. He said fine and went out and found the ugliest logo item he could and cut it up to make a statement.
Old 06-14-2007   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I could honestly care less about what a coach wears. I'm there to watch the game, not look at coaches.

I think Belichick's attire is great. It shows what is truly important, and it sure ain't the clothes you wear!
I think he wears that thing due to a superstition more than anything else.
Sponsored links
Old 06-14-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I think he wears that thing due to a superstition more than anything else.
Thats probably why it hasnt been washed in about 4 seasons...
Old 06-14-2007   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Belichick wears the hoody as a protest. He wanted to wear a suit or something non-logod on the sidelines and was told he had to wear something with a logo. He said fine and went out and found the ugliest logo item he could and cut it up to make a statement.
That's awesome! Fight the man, Bill!
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Thats probably why it hasnt been washed in about 4 seasons...
He probably has to knock the maggots off before he slides it on.
Old 06-14-2007   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Do these suits by Rebok have logos on them? I don't remember seeing any.
Old 06-14-2007   #12
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

It's all about investment! I wonder how much Rebok had to PAY to get TWO coaches to wear suits!

Personally, SUITS remind me of all those PEOPLE who sit in the club section and talk business rather than watch the game. Give me Bill B attire anyday, and the FU attitude that goes with it!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do these suits by Rebok have logos on them? I don't remember seeing any.
Yup--they bought some from a name brand and rebadged them.
Old 06-14-2007   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
It's all about investment! I wonder how much Rebok had to PAY to get TWO coaches to wear suits!

Personally, SUITS remind me of all those PEOPLE who sit in the club section and talk business rather than watch the game. Give me Bill B attire anyday, and the FU attitude that goes with it!!
What's wrong with Bill D. attire?!?!?
Old 06-14-2007   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Yup--they bought some from a name brand and rebadged them.
Are they visible on the outside? That'd be kinda cool having a suit with the Texans logo on the chest pocket.
Old 06-14-2007   #16
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post

I wonder how many of the people trying to enforce these codes have even passed or caught a football.

If a coach prefers to wear a suit, as with Coach Landry, then cool, but if Belichek wants to wear a hoodie, still cool. What does either have to do with their ability to coach?
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Are they visible on the outside? That'd be kinda cool having a suit with the Texans logo on the chest pocket.
Yeah, it is very small on the pocket--at least it was last year for the one game they got to wear them, but I can't remember if it was an NFL logo or team logo.
Old 06-14-2007   #18
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1347 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Not a Cowboys fan, but this guy had class:

I'm trying to remmeber the old school NFL Coaches that wore suits..

Tom Landry

Hank Stram

Bum Phillips wore a a suit every now and them.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007   #19
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

It doesn't matter to me what a coach wears. If Belichek wants to tear up his hoody that's fine by me. I think I read somewhere that he gets fined for doing that but I'm not sure if that is true or not. The thing that got me is why it took 3 years of negotiations to finally allow Nolan and Del Rio to wear the suits. Three freakin years!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
Bum Phillips wore a a suit every now and them.

yeah, they don't make coaches like that anymore.

Can you even imagine a current NFL head coach wearing a cowboy hat?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read