Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-11-2007   #1
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Positive press from ESPN?

ESPN's NFL front page has a Seth Wickersham blog that cites the Texans as a potential '07 sleeper team...

Of course, I might actually want to read it so its an ESPN Insider piece. Can anyone copy and paste it? I'd be curious to see what they have to say. Hopefully its not damning with faint praise.
Old 06-11-2007   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: Positive press from ESPN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
ESPN's NFL front page has a Seth Wickersham blog that cites the Texans as a potential '07 sleeper team...

Of course, I might actually want to read it so its an ESPN Insider piece. Can anyone copy and paste it? I'd be curious to see what they have to say. Hopefully its not damning with faint praise.
wow... you sure it wasn't dated 4/1/07.... it's probably a cover their ass article just in case the texans have a breakout year.
Old 06-11-2007   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Paid for content can be summarized but should not be pasted.
Old 06-11-2007   #4
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Summarized - so be it. I'd still be curious to see what they have to say.

I just can't bring myself to pay for their insider material. In general, I can find better content for free.
Old 06-11-2007   #5
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I was going to summarize for you, but Thomas over at the chron.com has kindly quoted it verbatim in his blog.

Great quotes from Dunta.
Old 06-11-2007   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
I was going to summarize for you, but Thomas over at the chron.com has kindly quoted it verbatim in his blog.

Great quotes from Dunta.
I hustled over there and couldn't find a columist named Thomas. Could I have a link? It'd be much appreciated.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007   #7
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I hustled over there and couldn't find a columist named Thomas. Could I have a link? It'd be much appreciated.
I think I found it for you Nitro.

http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans...ing_giant.html
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-11-2007   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Says cornerback Dunta Robinson, "He's different than David. He's cocky. He's got a lot of energy. He walks around asking the DBs, 'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' That was never really David's thing."
Love it.
Quote:
"Talent-wise, there's no comparison between them," says Trent Dilfer, one of Carr's best friends. "David can make every throw."
Yes Trent Dilfer, every throw out of bounds or to opposing defensive backs.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007   #9
real

Quote:
Says cornerback Dunta Robinson, "He's different than David. He's cocky. He's got a lot of energy. He walks around asking the DBs, 'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' That was never really David's thing."
BWWWAAAHAAAHAAAAA! LMAO!
Old 06-11-2007   #10
Immobilarity
Made You Look

Rep Power: 16 Immobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden cover

Dunta with another late hit!
Old 06-11-2007   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice blog. I'm ready for some FOOTBALL now!!
Old 06-12-2007   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"Talent-wise, there's no comparison between them," says Trent Dilfer, one of Carr's best friends. "David can make every throw."
My only question is, after having watched Dilfer for so many years now, how would he know what a good throw is in the first place?
Old 06-12-2007   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
My only question is, after having watched Dilfer for so many years now, how would he know what a good throw is in the first place?
zing
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm ready for some FOOTBALL now!!

Me too ..... this offseason stuff is too long .

Quote:
Talent-wise, there's no comparison between them," says Trent Dilfer, one of Carr's best friends. "David can make every throw."

Dilfer is right .... Carr is very gifted phisically . He just cant read defenses well enough to know what throw to make when ..... Not to mention all the times he sacked himself . A list of last seasons sack leaders ....

David Carr Hou 41
Shawne Merriman SD 17
Aaron Kampman GB 15.5

How the hell did Carr not win defensive player of the year , he had twice as may sacks as the next guy , and dont forget his 12 INT's (Also lead the league). He should be on the cover of Madden !!!

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 118233 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Love it.

Yes Trent Dilfer, every throw out of bounds or to opposing defensive backs.
At least he hit his target when he threw it out of bounds (ie. cameraman, cheerleader, etc.) )

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read