Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-11-2007   #21
real

Default Re: Robinson becoming leader for Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immobilarity View Post
My eyes tell me that DeMarcus doesn't look like he has the feel. Usually you mos def would have a specific play to back it up that showcases it.

Maybe that one Jaguars game where he picks off Gary Coleman for the TD could work, I think that stands on its own well enough.
lol....

That's fine...I expected most if not all to disagree....
Old 06-12-2007   #22
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Petey is a better man coverage guy too. Yah, he's too slow but I still think he's better in coverage.

That said, I think Dunta is a way better corner all-around.
Old 06-12-2007   #23
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

There are times when dunta looks like a corner, but most of the time he looks more like a strong safety to me, he plays zone better than man to man and he tackles better than he covers. Now add in petey and he also doesnt fit the mold of CB, he is a true nickel. so what does that say for the texan's secondary? we have NO tru CB at all. Thats the one thing that made me a little worried about our offseason moves, we failed to really adress the secondary at all. almost all the guys we picked up are also nickle/dime backs no true corner, no true FS. can we get by this season and adress it in the next couple years? I really hope so. secondary is my only real worry talent wise. I really hope some of the UDFA's turn out to be sleepers, and the d-line can cause enough havoc to force the opposing offense into bad mistakes, otherwise it could be another year of getting beat deep.
Old 06-12-2007   #24
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaad View Post
I think Petey is a better man coverage guy too. Yah, he's too slow but I still think he's better in coverage.

That said, I think Dunta is a way better corner all-around.
I think Dunta is more talented physically, but I think if he had Petey's natural feel for man to man coverage he'd be a beast. He's good, but he's not at an elite level because he doesn't have a great feel for man to man. But a lot of the uncomfortableness probably has to do with him not being able to relax and just play. I think as we get other pieces on our defense, the better he'll get.
Old 06-12-2007   #25
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
There are times when dunta looks like a corner, but most of the time he looks more like a strong safety to me, he plays zone better than man to man and he tackles better than he covers. Now add in petey and he also doesnt fit the mold of CB, he is a true nickel. so what does that say for the texan's secondary? we have NO tru CB at all. Thats the one thing that made me a little worried about our offseason moves, we failed to really adress the secondary at all. almost all the guys we picked up are also nickle/dime backs no true corner, no true FS. can we get by this season and adress it in the next couple years? I really hope so. secondary is my only real worry talent wise. I really hope some of the UDFA's turn out to be sleepers, and the d-line can cause enough havoc to force the opposing offense into bad mistakes, otherwise it could be another year of getting beat deep.
We will continue to draft dline in 1st round as our back ups can stand improvement and we got to rush that old Manning. Like drafting or grabbing free agent RIGHT tackles and GUARDS to fill LT slots, we should just keep going with the Dline. If the ball is thrown past the linebackers, the fans should immediately blow hard at the ball creating enough wind disturbance to cause the ball to drift just out of the WR's outstretched hands. And OTs, RB and WR can always be picked up in 7th round, right N.O.?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read