Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-11-2007   #1
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Interesting note on Culpepper's knee

I knew it had been a horrific injury, but didn't realize it was THAT bad until I read this:

"The Miami Dolphins want to trade Culpepper. Culpepper wants to be released so he can work out a deal with the team of his choice. Some Lions fans are piling on because Lions coach Rod Marinelli is not interested in Culpepper. Culpepper tore three ligaments in his right knee during the 2005 season and was traded to Miami. The Dolphins tried to rush him back, and he injured his kneecap and had a second surgery to ease the pain. My guess is he will never be the same. I've spoken to people who say he walks on egg shells and believe he won't be 75 percent of his former self. He won't be able to get push off his legs to throw the long balls that once crushed the Lions. The Lions are right in taking a pass."

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...57/1004/SPORTS

A lot of conjecture and opinion there, but day-umn... a Culpepper at less than 75% ain't worth much. No long ball, no mobility, small hands to fumble with, and a hard time reading defenses.

AWESOME!

I'm sure if Casserly was a GM somewhere he'd be scrambling to trade a 1st or 2nd round pick for him.
Old 06-11-2007   #2
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting note on Culpepper's knee

I'm kinda fed up with hearing Culpepper make demands for release and saying he will block a trade (by refusal ro re-negotiate) .... If ya ask me its the teams right to entertain trade offers for a player they have under contract , to at least get some kind of return on their investment before they outright release him .... His asking the NFLPA to intervene makes him look like a big cry baby ..... You arent bigger than the game . Take your ball and go home
If the guy had a lick of sense he would keep his mouth shut and work rehabing his knee this season instead of acting like someone owe's him a starting job (How likely is it that Green is the Dolphins starter in 08?).
If he could look past his huge ego he could see that the trade for Green was the best thing that could happen to him ..... sit , get healthy , get paid and be ready to start next season .

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
His asking the NFLPA to intervene makes him look like a big cry baby .....
He is only asking them to intervene on the working out with the team issue. There was a ruling just last year with Steve McNair that teams do not have the right to keep a player under contract and not let him work out with the team.
Old 06-11-2007   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
He is only asking them to intervene on the working out with the team issue. There was a ruling just last year with Steve McNair that teams do not have the right to keep a player under contract and not let him work out with the team.

I think this situation is a little different . The Titanics told McNair that he was not to work out in their facilities at all . In Culpeppers situation he is just not allowed to engage in group activities . In simple terms , McNair was told to get lost , Culpepper was told to keep himself occupied and out'a the way .

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read