Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Countdown to Kickoff

wooohooo!! :redtowel:

I look at the 'season' starting with pre-season games, so we only have a couple of months to get to that point.

what is the countdown until the first contact drills in training camp. That's good enough for me. At least then I can rationalize checking for updates daily.

I'll take a scrimage against another team at this point .... Fish or Bronco's again ?

An interesting side note, back when I lived in Corpus / N. Padre for about 2 years - they showed Dallas scrimmages on tv. Now granted, it was a bit boring - but it did cure the football itch.

I wonder if Houston would ever do something like that (show Texans' scrimmage on tv)?

Really, really looking forward to it. Out with the old, in with the new. A fresh start. A new beginning. A chance to earn some respect around the league. This could well be the best Texans team we have ever had. Time to go out and prove it.

The last 40+ days are soooo brutal. It usually helps if that Astros are playing well, but when they're not...

I can hear the seconds... tick... tock.... tick... tock...... tick... tock.... tick... tock......tick... tock.... tick... tock......tick... tock.... tick... tock......tick... tock.... tick... tock......tick... tock.... tick... tock......tick... tock.... tick... tock......tick... tock.... tick... tock......tick... tock.... tick... tock......

The last 40+ days are soooo brutal. It usually helps if that Astros are playing well, but when they're not...

I can hear the seconds... tick... tock.... tick... tock...... tick... tock.... tick... tock......tick... tock.... tick... tock......tick... tock.... tick... tock......tick... tock.... tick... tock......tick... tock.... tick... tock......tick... tock.... tick... tock......tick... tock.... tick... tock......tick... tock.... tick... tock......

When does camp start? I know, dumb question, but memory has never been my strongest asset.:shades:

I love the whole concept of a "Countdown to Kickoff".

I start counting down to kickoff as soon as the the last game of the season ends. I've been counting since December 31st of last year.

As far as I'm concerned we're on a two game win streak and about to make our run. This is just an extremely long bye week.

I love the whole concept of a "Countdown to Kickoff".

I start counting down to kickoff as soon as the the last game of the season ends. I've been counting since December 31st of last year.

As far as I'm concerned we're on a two game win streak and about to make our run. This is just an extremely long bye week.

I need to try this approach... It may make the time pass faster.

Training Camp gets my football fix until the preseason though. They are actually in pads, and it gets more coverage. Texans TV should get a workout by me around that time.

We just got to take it in stages, it makes life easier. After the regular season its countdown to the bowl games. After the bowl games, countdown to the combine. After combine, countdown to the draft, then the OTA, then training camp, then preseason, and then kickoff. Just take it in bite sized chunks and you will be fine.

For example: 24 days till Camp!!!
40 days until preseason starts!!!
69 days until the Chiefs come to town!!!

Please help me, I've stooped so low as to watching cooking and fashion reality shows with my wife. :cry2: These shows suck in comparison to football.

Please help me, I've stooped so low as to watching cooking and fashion reality shows with my wife. :cry2: These shows suck in comparison to football.

Yeah, I've been suckered into watching sinilar shows. I will say though, watching 'Everyday Italian' with Giada De Laurentiis is not bad on the eyes at all. She's a beautiful woman.:heart:

Not the Runway, though. Can't get enough of that one. My wife turned me on to it, but I can't say she kept me watching.

I will say though, watching 'Everyday Italian' with Giada De Laurentiis is not bad on the eyes at all. She's a beautiful woman.:heart:

My wife and I agree: Giada has an unusually large noggin. I just cannot get past that. ('course, let's not even get into my shortcomings) :)

Yeah, I've been suckered into watching sinilar shows. I will say though, watching 'Everyday Italian' with Giada De Laurentiis is not bad on the eyes at all. She's a beautiful woman.:heart:

As long as you don't watch it for the content that is fine.

My wife and I agree: Giada has an unusually large noggin. I just cannot get past that. ('course, let's not even get into my shortcomings) :)

And a really large smile. Everytime I watch the show, the Red Riding Hood and Grandma scene is dancing in my head. Aside from that, she is a very attractive woman. And she cooks!

Keep things in perspective man. Those shows are relatively harmless compared to watching home improvement shows with your wife.

Home improvement shows can cause permanent injury through a neverending cycle of honey-do's during this part of the year. Without football to break up the labor a man can work himself to death if he's not careful.

Keep things in perspective man. Those shows are relatively harmless compared to watching home improvement shows with your wife.

Home improvement shows can cause permanent injury through a neverending cycle of honey-do's during this part of the year. Without football to break up the labor a man can work himself to death if he's not careful.

No doubt. The wife watches every show on HG TV. If she gets to the house before I do from work, I'm screwed.

This is what DirecTV is for...I usually watch the Astros, and later one if I want something on TV, I watched an episode of The Office, My Name is Earl, 48 hour mystery, or more recently The Closer (she still gets on my nerves with the accent but I like the rest of the show).

If I have to find something non-recorded I start flipping through history channel or discovery, as well as the movie channels...

Never will I watch cooking or fashion shows unless its preceding a heavy dose of bleach to my eyes.

This is what DirecTV is for...I usually watch the Astros, and later one if I want something on TV, I watched an episode of The Office, My Name is Earl, 48 hour mystery, or more recently The Closer (she still gets on my nerves with the accent but I like the rest of the show).

If I have to find something non-recorded I start flipping through history channel or discovery, as well as the movie channels...

Never will I watch cooking or fashion shows unless its preceding a heavy dose of bleach to my eyes.

Are you married? If so then I'd have to bet the wife gets her way sometimes, right?:cool:

Back