Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2004   #21
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Champ Bailey struggles against big physical receivers. This week will be no different.
Yup. And to complicate things for Bailey, this one is about 30 pounds bigger and about as fast as him. And I'm sure they won't give the "Champ" any help with a safety, so it's gonna get real interesting when Carr flips that little
pass to AJ out there in the flat - and it's just AJ & Champ out there.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #22
ColdSteelBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
WHY arent we seeing more of armstrong? .
I heard on the radio that he has a deep quad bruise.
Old 11-03-2004   #23
Andre_Johnson80
Veteran

AJ most def got size on him but Champs got some ups. I say he works over the middle, that's where AJ will hurt Denver
Andre_Johnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004   #24
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
fans to jump the gun on personel moves.. but WHY arent we seeing more of armstrong?
If Bradford is not 100%.. then why dont we put Armstrong in and give Bradford a week of playing 4th WR to heal up? it would be nice to see if Armstrong can handle the pressure of being out there on a regular basis.
I am noticing a pattern of Armstrong coming along in the 4th quarter. Armstrong did make a couple of appearances in the last game but he went out with a bruised thigh. I assume we will see/need him more in this game. I think he is a heck of a WR and has been the difference maker for us in many games this year.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004   #25
Andre_Johnson80
Veteran

I just hope AJ keep up his pro bowl #s
Andre_Johnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004   #26
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
thats laughable
Who are you quoting in the above post? Next time leave their name in the quote.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004   #27
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Who are you quoting in the above post? Next time leave their name in the quote.
what are you, the posting police?
Old 11-03-2004   #28
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

If chad johnson with carson palmer throwing him the ball was able to tear up champ than i see no reason why andre johnson with david carr can't tear up champ too. andre is a much better receiver than chad. and if champ is vonuerable to deep passes than andre definatly has the advantage their.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004   #29
Rosusu
All Pro

Great article about dre on the front page of sportsline.com, we are finally getting some coverage around here!
Old 11-04-2004   #30
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

no doubt david and johnnson will make champ look silly out there ! We have seen it week in and week out even if its a short short pass johnnson will use his feet and body and totllay make champ look bad ,,,and still get his yards ! The boy is a beast and will get his catches (The out law and his trusty sidekick are going to denver gonna tame some horses)
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #31
phan1
All Pro

Top DBs, in general, are usually at a disadvantage against the top recievers in the league (Moss, Owens, ect.). Especially with the new rules being implemented this year. You really can't expect any DB in the league to stop a WR like AJ. But what Champ is going to do is limit opportunities for AJ, and that's something he can do. I really hope our Oline does well so we can get some deep ones to AJ so he can really try to break this game open.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #32
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
what are you, the posting police?
Nope. But learn how to use the quote tags smarty. Its really not that hard...
Old 11-04-2004   #33
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgewashington
Chad may be a little bit faster than AJ.
See how easy that was Brad?
Old 11-04-2004   #34
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

Chump Bailey is amazing but AJ is big and physical and Chump might have a hard time... Derrick Armstrong caught a touchdown does anyone remember who he caught it against in pre-season.
Old 11-04-2004   #35
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I think the speed issue in comparison to Chad is pretty minimal and irrelevant. I haven't seen Andre really just blow by anyone on a deep route but when he gets good positioning it doesn't matter, he just uses his frame to block out the DB and if Carr gets the throw right, he's the only one with a real shot to catch it.

The good thing about Armstrong is that while he may not have top tier speed, as the #4 guy he's getting matched up with nickels and safeties, who he seems to generally out run. He's also a pretty big guy with great hands so the shorter DBs will always have some disadvantage.

With our receivers it's all about matchups. If they go 1 on 1 with Andre, they're gambling. If they double him, they're gambling with Gaffney/Bradford/Armstrong. I really haven't seen single man coverage shutting down any of our receivers, so there's always going to be someone open if Carr can get them the ball.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #36
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

To me it seemed like when Andre had these well talked about corners trying to cover him, he stepped up his game even more to hush people. My example is the Raider game. All you heard about was Woodson and Buchanan and he made them look silly. Here is hoping for the same result against Bailey.

On the reverse side, how do you think we fair against Lelie and RSmith? Doesn't Bailey line up at WR also?
Old 11-04-2004   #37
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I think that depends on how we do against Plummer. If we get a lead and rattle him up a little, games just about over the way I see it. We're tied for the lead in interceptions (12) and Plummer sometimes gets "DBs" and "Denver Broncos" confused.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #38
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
Plummer sometimes gets "DBs" and "Denver Broncos" confused.
Nice! Very Funny. Pretty creative man. I sure hope that is the case come Sunday.
Old 11-04-2004   #39
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yeah we got something special when we drafted him and everyone knows it ! I bet detroit feels dumb they passed Johnnson for Rogers !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #40
HardCoreTxn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HardCoreTxn Send a message via MSN to HardCoreTxn Send a message via Yahoo to HardCoreTxn
Talking Andre's the man!

I think by seasons end, AJ will be the talk!!,....not T.O/Moss :hehe:
HardCoreTxn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read