Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 10-19-2007   #141
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I was thinking about what it means to be a Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTVinceYoung View Post
I will read the history and post it here for you to read as soon as your team actually plays in a playoff game. I guess I will never get to post it though.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #142
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
Well Dud Adams does still live here. Can't Ya'll put in some indoor plumbing so we can flush that turd to Trashville.

Dude......is there something you want to share with us about your social life?

ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #143
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

He likes Tron ALLOT .. is that so bad?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #144
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTVinceYoung View Post
You would know about nice offseasons. Remember when your team passed up on both Reggie and Vince, turned around and got rid of Carr and picked up a quarterback who has little to none experience on a football field. Now that's pathetic.

P.S. I really enjoyed the last Titans/Texans game when your fans went wild when Vince ran for a touchdown in overtime. The crowd went nuts! It was so much fun. Very nice stadium you got but too bad the Titans own it.

dont get your panties in a knot sis... take a chill pill or smoke somthing, just calm down, someone obviously made you angry and your blindly ranting...
your "now thats pathetic" comment about picking up matt and mario is well... i mean c'mon, u just dogged on 2 of the most talened players in the NFL, im waiting to see your response or lack of, to see if this is even worth my time, so lets be alil more mature when your posting with the big boys....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #145
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Actually, water is honored - and does not feel worthy enough - to splash on The Great One's feet. It's not so much the He can walk on water, but rather water does not want to upset Him by getting Him wet. Even the natural elements do not want The Mighty One to be upset with them.
so who would win DB.. VY or technoviking? or would the earth just go into a blackhole when they do battle?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007   #146
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well Dud Adams does still live here. Can't Ya'll put in some indoor plumbing so we can flush that turd to Trashville.

^^^Bud Adams^^^

You know what they say, "crap runs downhill". Never so true in this case.

Tennesse fans can follow turds team if they so choose, just makes them look like crap.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 10-20-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #147
Psychop1
]P][][V][]P

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post

^^^Bud Adams^^^

You know what they say, "crap runs downhill". Never so true in this case.

Tennesse fans can follow turds team if they so choose, just makes them look like crap.
You couldn't entice said turd to keep his team in the city he loves, and we somehow look like crap??? Just remember to keep supporting your team, or some other city will be getting "sloppy thirds" soon enough.
Psychop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2007   #148
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychop1 View Post
You couldn't entice said turd to keep his team in the city he loves, and we somehow look like crap??? Just remember to keep supporting your team, or some other city will be getting "sloppy thirds" soon enough.
Yeah Porkchop it's not like we were still paying for 80 mil in renovations that Dud ordered a few years before he started his 2nd round of threats or that he was asking us for a retractable roofed palace for football and basketball. I think it is ironic that he had to settle for a dump open air stadiium in a city he wont even live in.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #149
Psychop1
]P][][V][]P

Quote:
Yeah Porkchop it's not like we were still paying for 80 mil in renovations that Dud ordered a few years before he started his 2nd round of threats or that he was asking us for a retractable roofed palace for football and basketball. I think it is ironic that he had to settle for a dump open air stadiium in a city he wont even live in.
$80 million??? LOL. Tennessee funded the then Adelphia Coliseum entirely at $290 million, and was happy to do so. Don't get me wrong. Bud really isn't worth defending, but in this case, neither is Houston. Like I said, keep supporting your team, or Memphis, Louisville, Birmingham, or LA will gladly take it off your hands.
Old 10-21-2007   #150
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would hate Memphis getting a pro football team. That would suck. It would only serve to divide our fan base.
Old 10-21-2007   #151
Psychop1
]P][][V][]P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
I would hate Memphis getting a pro football team. That would suck. It would only serve to divide our fan base.
Most people in Memphis hate the Titans anyway. They feel like they got screwed when Nashville got the team instead. The fact that the Titans played in Memphis briefly before settling in Nashville burns them even worse. That said, I couldn't care less if Memphis gets a team.
Old 10-21-2007   #152
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Most people in Memphis hate the Titans anyway. They feel like they got screwed when Nashville got the team instead. The fact that the Titans played in Memphis briefly before settling in Nashville burns them even worse. That said, I couldn't care less if Memphis gets a team.
Well, they should hate the Jags and Panthers too. Both cities that were chosen ahead of Memphis for expansion. Plenty of Titan fans would have preferred Memphis but didn't get too hung up on it since they weren't going to be buying season tickets anyways. This STATE is just happy to have a team. I live in Chattanooga. Most people here that follow the team don't travel like I do. Lucky for MOST of the state Nashville is closer. It has Knoxville, Chattanooga, Johnson City... those round out the top five population centers. All east of Nashville.
Old 10-21-2007   #153
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
$80 million??? LOL. Tennessee funded the then Adelphia Coliseum entirely at $290 million, and was happy to do so. Don't get me wrong. Bud really isn't worth defending, but in this case, neither is Houston. Like I said, keep supporting your team, or Memphis, Louisville, Birmingham, or LA will gladly take it off your hands.
My bet would be Jacksonville will lose the Jaguars before Houston loses the Texans, and you forgot to mention San Antonio. They are also in the mix to get a team, but everyone is far behind Los Angeles. I wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders move there in the near future.

Last edited by BattleRedToro; 10-21-2007 at 11:12 AM.
BattleRedToro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007   #154
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes but you fal to understand dud wanted a stadium that he would not put one dime into but yet he would get every penny of the revenue, including parking concessions ticket sales and suit sales. the city would have no way to recoup anymoney they put into building a stadium. Not to mention he had just asked for renovations to the astrodome. Most owners would chunk in 10% and parking would goto the city so as to pay for bonds and such.

The team did not leave do to lack of support from the fans. They drew well until the last year when it was already deceided the team was leaving and no one wanted to give that piece of worthless scum eating sloth any more money.
Old 10-21-2007   #155
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

There's something about LA & football that just doesn't work. Maybe if they had their own expansion franchise but I don't see a team that moves there being supported.

There'll always be a fanbased there but not enough to fill a stadium.

Raiders & Rams both struggled to sell seats there.Chances are that any team that moves would so as a losing team. Not a good recipe for success.

LA has good followings for the Ducks,Lakers so what gives?
Old 10-21-2007   #156
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
There's something about LA & football that just doesn't work. Maybe if they had their own expansion franchise but I don't see a team that moves there being supported.

There'll always be a fanbased there but not enough to fill a stadium.

Raiders & Rams both struggled to sell seats there.Chances are that any team that moves would so as a losing team. Not a good recipe for success.

LA has good followings for the Ducks,Lakers so what gives?
Well the Lakers moved there from Minneapolis so you just killed your own arguement, unless you meant that it was exclusive to football.
Old 10-21-2007   #157
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
Well the Lakers moved there from Minneapolis so you just killed your own arguement, unless you meant that it was exclusive to football.
Nope my Basketball knowledge is zip other than knowing the odd teams name. Never watched a game,thanks for info man.
Old 10-21-2007   #158
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
Nope my Basketball knowledge is zip other than knowing the odd teams name. Never watched a game,thanks for info man.
A Laker is a reference to a Lake Trout, of which there are many in Minnesota. I don't think there are any in California. They do have River Trout in California, however.
Old 10-21-2007   #159
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They did get screwed. That's like Dallas getting a team over Houston. Bud screwed Memphis and Jacksonville when he held the Oilers hostage.
That Bud's for you, enjoy.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #160
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Most people in Memphis hate the Titans anyway. They feel like they got screwed when Nashville got the team instead. The fact that the Titans played in Memphis briefly before settling in Nashville burns them even worse. That said, I couldn't care less if Memphis gets a team
Would Memphis even be able to support an NFL team? I understand Nashville being able to, but Memphis isn't very big and whats the next closest city? Jackson MS.?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read