Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 06-13-2007   #81
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I was thinking about what it means to be a Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTVinceYoung View Post
I have not made any, and I have never been an Oilers fan. I would give you negaitive reps like you seem to like doing but I am not as classless as you are.
Old 06-13-2007   #82
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

utVinnyVick has admitted he jumped on the Titans bandwagon in 2000 so forgive him his ignorance in believing the Wikipedia version of Oilers history. He has no real life expierence to base his rants on.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #83
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Now I got negative rep from UT(not worthy) ....

classic!
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #84
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I have not made any, and I have never been an Oilers fan. I would give you negaitive reps like you seem to like doing but I am not as classless as you are.
You DID give me negative reps. I just don't cry over it like some of you here do. I think it's quite funny that you guys take it so serious. It's kind of pathetic.
UTVinceYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #85
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
utVinnyVick has admitted he jumped on the Titans bandwagon in 2000 so forgive him his ignorance in believing the Wikipedia version of Oilers history. He has no real life expierence to base his rants on.

You act like you know me which makes you look really silly because you don't. I moved to Tennessee in 2000 and that's when I started rooting for the Titans. I'm from Florida and was never a fan of any of the teams there.
It's experience, not expierence.
Old 06-13-2007   #86
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

what it means to be a Titan... going 8-8 and still surpassing the Texans best all time record.
Old 06-13-2007   #87
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
what it means to be a Titan... going 8-8 and still surpassing the Texans best all time record.

the Texans best all time record? What a wonderful year that was in 2004.
I kid, I kid.
Sponsored links
Old 06-13-2007   #88
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Houston Oilers history belongs to the Tennessee Titans and their fans. Sorry but it's true. The only thing that changed for the Oilers was the name of the team but The Tennessee Titans are the old Houston Oilers. Sorry. Thanks for the history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Oilers
Correction: historical franchise records belong to Bud Adams and the Tennessee Titans. Historical memories belong to old Oiler fans.

This is all I was trying to tell you. Embrace your team's history, good and bad. There are plenty of folks here, including myself, that would be glad to share the memories of both (however 'painful' some of them can be).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
There is no delusion I see it all of the time on the Titans boards, but I am also not naive enough to assume that every person who is a football fan is 30+ .
You assume that all Titans fans are under 30. I think there are a lot of older folks in Tennessee that became fans with the move, too.

We saw it all over at the old 'official' boards. Lots of Titans fans talking smack without any sense of their own team's history.

Quote:
See I am able to ID low brow comments because they always seem to goto some level that attacks the poster and does not attack the post.
I have noted your sensitivity to the subject and will refrain accordingly. They were meant to convey a sense of levity, but I understand this is a type of razzing mostly used among friends. We just don't know each other well enough at this point to recognize minor sarcasm.

Quote:
I do not defend other posts. They were not my words. I do think it is sad that people do not take the time to recognize the history, but again I am not one of those people. As a former Oilers fan it was low class of you to rip on events that happened to a team that you followed. I have been trying to think of the word that best describes that and all I come up with is turncoat or two-faced. It is the same as when Barlow last season came out against the 9ers saying what a crappy team they were not more then a week after he was traded.
I did not expect you to really defend his statements, and I should have clarified myself with a sarcasm intended smilie.

My point was that you were calling out Houston Oilers fans for bringing up history, and my reasons were to educate a Titans troll that has no desire to recognize the history.

I made the mistake of making you guilty by association, and for that I apologize.

Quote:
Are the SF Giants the same team as the NY Giants? Are the LA Dodgers the same team as the Brooklyn Dodgers? Time heals wounds and when your generation passes I bet there will be a allot more people willing to accept the organizations entire history. Titans fans and the NFL seem to be able to make the correlation, it just seems that football fans in Houston can not make that leap.

Before my time. I was a 9er fan as a young child because they were what was on. Moon and the shoot got me hooked on the Oilers/Titans. I have been a fan since.
I'm not a bandwagon or free agent fan. I am, and always have been, a HOUSTON fan. My allegiance to my home city is greater than my allegiance to a team that no longer represents the city. Is that really so hard to understand?

I assume with your educational pedigree that you understand analogies. With that in mind, are you still devoted and in love with your ex-girlfriend? Even though she has moved on and is with another man, are you blowing off your current girlfriend so you can obsess over your ex?

Love is but one side of a coin. The other side of that coin is hate. They are always linked, and when you have your heart crushed, as Bud did with moving the Oilers for purely financial reasons (that he would have solved over time anyway), it was devastating to us.

But you know what, just like you might have an old photo album with your ex-gf in it to remember the good times, many of us Oilers fans have the same attitudes about our old team. Heck, I'll even watch the 35-3 debacle when it comes on every year. How many Titans fans can say that?

Quote:
You DID give me negative reps. I just don't cry over it like some of you here do. I think it's quite funny that you guys take it so serious. It's kind of pathetic.
You find it "pathetic", but participate in the process anyway. I think that says more about you than anything else.
Old 06-13-2007   #89
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
You still got swept by an expansion team. We are probably never going to get that dubious honor.
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #90
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
You find it "pathetic", but participate in the process anyway. I think that says more about you than anything else.

I DID NOT say I find the whole rep thing pathetic. Maybe you should pay more attention to what people say instead of writing books about the Old Oilers history which you try to pass off as facts.

I said I find it pathetic that people get so bent out of shape when they get bad reps. Oh waaa i got bad reps. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.

and I'm not the one crying over negative reps. That's the difference.
Do you understand now? Probably not but that's okay.

Last edited by UTVinceYoung; 06-13-2007 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-13-2007   #91
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: I was thinking about what it means to be a Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageFerguson View Post
i think i've found a new sig. wtf do i do now? everything's relative in possum holler jokes? uranus jokes? this is a goldmine.
Better Uranus than Myanus, buddy.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #92
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You assume that all Titans fans are under 30. I think there are a lot of older folks in Tennessee that became fans with the move, too.
And why not? The team should bring excitement to the city. Those people are loyal Titans fans who do not know there history. True fans take ownership of that and acknowledge it. Other fans are not as die hard and “the now” is what is important. You have them too, what do you bet if I went to a Texans game and could pick 20 people of my choosing, and asked them to name 5 players on the Texans I bet I could pick at least 1/3 that could not maybe half.

It does not mean they are not a fan. There are just levels of enthusiasm. Are you any less because you do not dress up in a horned Red, white and blue cowboy hat. Overalls covered in military patches, who’s pants seem to be tucked into his boot on one side and bell bottomed around the other boot.

Can you say you are that dedicated?

Quote:
We saw it all over at the old 'official' boards. Lots of Titans fans talking smack without any sense of their own team's history.
Can not control your fan base.

Quote:
I have noted your sensitivity to the subject and will refrain accordingly. They were meant to convey a sense of levity, but I understand this is a type of razzing mostly used among friends. We just don't know each other well enough at this point to recognize minor sarcasm.
Yeah I was in smack mode took it pretty offensively. Usually the joke phase starts with something a little less harsh then calling me a moron.

I have found as an effective tool.

Quote:
I'm not a bandwagon or free agent fan. I am, and always have been, a HOUSTON fan. My allegiance to my home city is greater than my allegiance to a team that no longer represents the city. Is that really so hard to understand?
I was never questioning your loyalty I was questioning your ethics … I guess. It just seems odd to use the Buffalo game or the Elway game to slam someone who might have been standing right next to you rooting on each first down and TD and watching the collapse happen and feeling the pain. I guess it is just not my style?
Old 06-13-2007   #93
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Do you understand now? Probably not but that's okay.
Naah, man...still don't understand your point. But you're babbling and I'm too tired to decipher.

[/sarcasm]

Quote:
And why not? The team should bring excitement to the city. Those people are loyal Titans fans who do not know there history. True fans take ownership of that and acknowledge it. Other fans are not as die hard and “the now” is what is important. You have them too, what do you bet if I went to a Texans game and could pick 20 people of my choosing, and asked them to name 5 players on the Texans I bet I could pick at least 1/3 that could not maybe half.

It does not mean they are not a fan. There are just levels of enthusiasm. Are you any less because you do not dress up in a horned Red, white and blue cowboy hat. Overalls covered in military patches, who’s pants seem to be tucked into his boot on one side and bell bottomed around the other boot.
You're building a straw man argument now. I've never judged anyone's fanatic devotion to their team. So don't try to pin that to me.

All I'm saying is that if Houston had received an existing team instead of an expansion, I would embrace the entire history of that franchise as my own. It would now be my team, and I would want to share in it's rich history.

If certain NFL fans do not wish to know their franchise's entire history, then it's their freewill decision. But I can still hold the opinion that it is rather a shallow devotion to the team. Whatever, it's just a matter of chosen perception.

Quote:

Can you say you are that dedicated?

I can say that I've proudly worn my hardhat since the first pre-season game 2002, and every home game & Texans event since then. Yeah, I'm pretty dedicated, and consider every Texans fanatic a fellow member of the tribe. I look forward to getting my picture with a lot of Texans crazies over time.

Quote:
I was never questioning your loyalty I was questioning your ethics … I guess. It just seems odd to use the Buffalo game or the Elway game to slam someone who might have been standing right next to you rooting on each first down and TD and watching the collapse happen and feeling the pain. I guess it is just not my style?
It's all in good fun. I figure you Titans fans should share in the misery that we endured.
Old 06-13-2007   #94
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

That guy is the poster Overalls BTW ....
Old 06-13-2007   #95
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
That guy is the poster Overalls BTW ....
Yep, I look forward to meeting him soon. Is that you next to him?
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #96
feebleminded

Rep Power: 9068 feebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
BA is OD???
feebleminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #97
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by feebleminded View Post
BA is OD???
Old 06-13-2007   #98
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

I don't have any problems with Texans fans or the Houston Texans team. This thread just got out of hand. My first post in this thread was just saying that I'm proud to be a Titans fan just like you guys are proud to be Texans fans. I don't know why it went sour after that. lol who knows.
Old 06-14-2007   #99
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The guy next to Overalls is Owen Daniels. If this Blazing guy is OD, we might have a problem.
Old 06-14-2007   #100
Immobilarity
Made You Look

Rep Power: 16 Immobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden cover

Blazing Arrow if I were in your position I would mos def take this current situation of identity confusion and take it straight to the bank.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read