Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 06-13-2007   #61
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: I was thinking about what it means to be a Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Well let me point out that you did not read my post very well because you did not even comment on the rant on symbol you used .. of course I figured you would completely gloss over that because it would not fit into your point of it actually talking about how many times you have mentioned something. Just because you have only mentioned it once in a thread anywhere on this board does not take away from you using the icon regarding it a rant, but that is what you do best.
the rant smiley was meant as a joke really. I was hoping that was obvious, but I guess not.

I think you take me to seriously and that is why we bump heads. No hard feelings take my post more light hearted and they will not get to you as much.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #62
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

NFL live is about to do the best comeback in plaoff history .. I wonder what it will be.
Old 06-13-2007   #63
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

'72 Cowboys down 16 to 49ers

'06 Colts

'57 lions beat 49ers down 20

'02 49ers beat giants down 27

'92 35-3 Bills vs Oilers ... final 41-38
Old 06-13-2007   #64
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dyamn, it was 15 years ago but I remember it as clearly as Young burning McNair's play house down last year.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #65
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Titans fans, on the other hand, got sloppy seconds, leftover smurf blue, team records that they never experienced as fans, and worst of all, BIG FAT BUD ADAMS.

I'd feel sorry for you if you weren't so arrogant about it.
I don't need your pity .... the AFC Title ring will do just fine thanks.

Assuming that no fan of the Titans was an Oiler fan. That is a huge assumption that is not correct. I know at least two people that posted in this thread alone that that does not apply too.

Quote:
You can attempt to run your rather meaningless smack all you want to, but it is quite pointless. We don't live in the past, but we don't forget it, either.

Here you are - a Titans fan - on a Texans board running smack about a five year old franchise, while being completely ignorant of your own team's historical failures and players. And you want to lecture us on 'sad and pathetic'? You're a case study on the subject, skippy.
Pathetic? I never used that word. What I did say was "sad" was abandoning your childhood team and memories. Then to take it to the point of pulling out games that broke your heart at the time just as much as mine. Seems kind of Benedict Arnold to me.

Pointing out problems with the Titans is one thing but bringing in Oilers history, a team you have admitted to being a die hard of is sad. It is even worst if you can not see the reason why, jimbo.
Old 06-13-2007   #66
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
Dyamn, it was 15 years ago but I remember it as clearly as Young burning McNair's play house down last year.
Enjoy it because that wont happen again...

Dang, I can remember Earl rushing for 199 yards (on MNF against Miami) almost 30 years ago, but I remember it as clearly as the Titans falling 1 yard short....
Old 06-13-2007   #67
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
How many times do I have to tell you... don't let out the fact that you can see into the future with all the talk of the Ravens' stadium being blown away from a hurricane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-13-2007   #68
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post

Assuming that no fan of the Titans was an Oiler fan. That is a huge assumption that is not correct. I know at least two people that posted in this thread alone that that does not apply too.

Pathetic? I never used that word. What I did say was "sad" was abandoning your childhood team and memories. Then to take it to the point of pulling out games that broke your heart at the time just as much as mine. Seems kind of Benedict Arnold to me.

Pointing out problems with the Titans is one thing but bringing in Oilers history, a team you have admitted to being a die hard of is sad. It is even worst if you can not see the reason why, jimbo.
Quote:
Thats exactly what Bud the bad hair rug hopes you would say...

Quote:
If I read you correctly, I only know of you and Childress. But I think you were suggesting that it included me. But just to clarify.... I was a Houston Oiler season ticket holder and fan... Not Tennessee Oilers nor Titans..

Quote:
I dont think some people realize that you were an Oiler fan before the move - and that you have no ties to Tennessee because you are from the left coast... With that said, the "move" had no bearing on your fandom...

Quote:
Pointing out problems with the Titans is one thing but bringing in Oilers history, a team you have admitted to being a die hard of is sad. It is even worst if you can not see the reason why, jimbo
Sorry, the hatred for Bud will always keep people on one side of the fence or the other. In most cases we claim the players. Especially the players who refuse to acknowledge the Titans because they were "Houston Oilers". We stick Bud with all the fun records, because afterall he owns them: Buffalo, Denver etc... They are no longer the black cloud (named Bud) over Houston...

Back to Topic......
Titans will have a horrible season and VY misses 5 games with injury....
Old 06-13-2007   #69
Il_Bruno
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Il_Bruno was voted MVPIl_Bruno was voted MVPIl_Bruno was voted MVP

nah young wont miss any games with injury, although he'll probably wish he had.

I think Young's madden curse was the FO he had this off-season. the curse is finding more and more ways to affect players
Il_Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #70
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Thats exactly what Bud the bad hair rug hopes you would say...
What does McNair hope you will say, maybe next season?

Quote:
If I read you correctly, I only know of you and Childress. But I think you were suggesting that it included me. But just to clarify.... I was a Houston Oiler season ticket holder and fan... Not Tennessee Oilers nor Titans..
Childress and myself.

Quote:
I dont think some people realize that you were an Oiler fan before the move - and that you have no ties to Tennessee because you are from the left coast... With that said, the "move" had no bearing on your fandom...
Exactly, so in a way I get the best of both worlds. My team I have been loayal too for 20+ years is still the same team to me. Yeah we have different uni or what not but I also remember getting harassed in school about oil derricks and TN. Now they change there name and the next group comes in to make a new comment.

Quote:
Sorry, the hatred for Bud will always keep people on one side of the fence or the other. In most cases we claim the players. Especially the players who refuse to acknowledge the Titans because they were "Houston Oilers". We stick Bud with all the fun records, because afterall he owns them: Buffalo, Denver etc... They are no longer the black cloud (named Bud) over Houston...

Back to Topic......
Titans will have a horrible season and VY misses 5 games with injury....
I understand the hate for the OWNER but the team? The players do not make the choices. To hate a team because of one person is pretty bad. I mean if that were the case would there be any Raider fans? (one could only hope).
Old 06-13-2007   #71
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Don't get me wrong the Oilers smack is good smack just not coming from old Oilers fans, IMO seem low brow.
Old 06-13-2007   #72
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Exactly, so in a way I get the best of both worlds. My team I have been loayal too for 20+ years is still the same team to me. Yeah we have different uni or what not but I also remember getting harassed in school about oil derricks and TN. Now they change there name and the next group comes in to make a new comment.
OK so you have been loyal to the same team for 20 years, would you not want the owner to show the same loyalty? I thought that was the point, to be loyal to the team and they loyal to you. I do not see any Colts fans continuing to love them after they moved or the Ram or the cardinals in football. The fans got screwed and will hate the team for it for all time.

Quote:
I understand the hate for the OWNER but the team? The players do not make the choices. To hate a team because of one person is pretty bad. I mean if that were the case would there be any Raider fans? (one could only hope).
Why, it has happened in all sports. Don't the players represent the team? So as the player is, so is the team. When fans show there displeasure for how players act and the team does something about players who act certain ways, that means the fans are ok by those actions so those actions represent the fans.
Old 06-13-2007   #73
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
OK so you have been loyal to the same team for 20 years, would you not want the owner to show the same loyalty? I thought that was the point, to be loyal to the team and they loyal to you. I do not see any Colts fans continuing to love them after they moved or the Ram or the cardinals in football. The fans got screwed and will hate the team for it for all time.
Though I would want the loyalty I did not purchase the team. The team was purchased to make money. If the franchise does not make money then it needs to move. I think if you were put in a situation where someone said move the team and you will make millions more then you do now you would make the move. Maybe not but before the situation is staring you right in the face I have a feeling you would answer that question with your heart not logic. People who have the money that Adams has do not get rich by letting there heart get in the way.

I didn't know the Cards had fans but I will take your word on it. The Rams fan base was soft anyways coming out of LA. Show up in the 2nd leave in the early 4th to beat traffic.

Quote:
Why, it has happened in all sports. Don't the players represent the team? So as the player is, so is the team. When fans show there displeasure for how players act and the team does something about players who act certain ways, that means the fans are ok by those actions so those actions represent the fans.
While people do hate a player for what ever reason the owner is another story. Does not play, does not make the on field decisions durning game time.
Old 06-13-2007   #74
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
oh yeah, that No. 1 Loser ring. Must keep you warm at night. It'll go good with those back-to-back AFL Championship trophies.

The fact is that your franchise has the same number of NFL Championships as mine...except yours has been in existence for over 40 years, while mine a mere 5.

You might not need my pity, but you have it anyway because you deserve it.

Quote:
Now I've already given you props earlier in this thread as the exception to the rule. So don't be so delusional to believe that the overwhelming majority of Titans fans - you know, those that live in Tennessee - were Oilers fans.

So you've got three examples in this thread, but compared to the tens of thousands in Tennessee, I do believe you are in the minority of Titans fans that were fans of the Houston Oilers. (In case your public education has failed you, "minority" means "less than".)

Quote:
O.K., I'm going to type really slow in order for your comprehension:

The Houston Oilers no longer exist, they're gone, history.

My mention of Oilers history was a direct response to one of your fans:

Originally Posted by UTVinceYoung
"I really don't care about Bud Adams or what he did to your Oilers team."

This is a position that most Titans fans have, and if anything you should find sad, it's bandwagon fans that refuse to acknowledge their team's past.

Go ahead, defend his statement. It just makes it all that much sadder.

Quote:
See above reply, and feel free to ask questions for clarification if any of the words are too big.

I was a diehard fan, but how can you be a fan of something that no longer exists? The Tennessee Titans are not the Houston Oilers. It's a pretty black and white reality that you do not seem to be able to grasp.

And speaking of Benedict Arnold; Who was it, exactly, that moved the team, changed the name and colors, and denies history while clinging to record books?

Let me know when Titans retro jerseys sport an oil derrick. Until then, your attempt to belittle our memories is in vain. We remember something that most Titans fans are clueless about. We celebrate players and the Houston Oilers every year. We embrace our past. A past, I should add, that has never included the Tennesee Titans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow
My team I have been loayal too for 20+ years is still the same team to me.
So you weren't even around for Luv Ya Blue. hmmmpf...figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow
Don't get me wrong the Oilers smack is good smack just not coming from old Oilers fans, IMO seem low brow.
I suppose a Titans fan trolling a Texans forum would know low brow when he sees it, so I guess you got me there. I defer to the expert in the field.
Old 06-13-2007   #75
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

heh, on a side note, thanks to UTVinceYoung for the negative rep in a smack thread.

You do realize two things, right?

1. We're just having fun, and I like all NFL fans (sports is superficial entertainment that we can't get too emotional about), and...

2. UTVinceYoung has absolutely no rep power, so it is quite meaningless. If I were one to seek vengeance, I'd return the favor. But I'm not like that, and will refrain from giving you -27 rep points.

My apologies if your feelings were hurt in a soft emotional state. It's all in good fun, right Blazing Arrow?

But I shall wear the neg rep from Titans fan with honor!
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #76
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

Houston Oilers history belongs to the Tennessee Titans and their fans. Sorry but it's true. The only thing that changed for the Oilers was the name of the team but The Tennessee Titans are the old Houston Oilers. Sorry. Thanks for the history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Oilers

During the 1998 season, Adams announced that in response to fan requests, he was changing the Oilers' name to coincide with the opening of their new stadium and to better connect with Nashville. He also declared that the renamed team would retain the Oilers' heritage (including team records) and that there would be a Hall of Fame honoring the greatest players from both eras. Unlike four years earlier, when Art Modell was forced to leave the Cleveland Browns' name and heritage behind when he moved his organization to Baltimore, NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue raised no objection when Adams declared that he would retain the rights to the Oilers name--effectively foreclosing Houston from reclaiming it for an expansion team.
UTVinceYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #77
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTVinceYoung View Post
Houston Oilers history belongs to the Tennessee Titans and their fans. Sorry but it's true. The only thing that changed for the Oilers was the name of the team but The Tennessee Titans are the old Houston Oilers. Sorry. Thanks for the history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Oilers
You do know that anyone can change the info on wikiepedia so quoting something like that and putting it as gossible even if it is right only makes you look like someone who would watch a movie to do a book report on. Nice, I bet your teachers are so very proud of you.
Old 06-13-2007   #78
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

Quote:
You do know that anyone can change the info on wikiepedia so quoting something like that and putting it as gossible even if it is right only makes you look like someone who would watch a movie to do a book report on. Nice, I bet your teachers are so very proud of you.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/history/TEN

http://www.databasefootball.com/team...?tm=ten&lg=nfl

what's your excuse now?
UTVinceYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #79
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Now I've already given you props earlier in this thread as the exception to the rule. So don't be so delusional to believe that the overwhelming majority of Titans fans - you know, those that live in Tennessee - were Oilers fans.
There is no delusion I see it all of the time on the Titans boards, but I am also not naive enough to assume that every person who is a football fan is 30+ .

Quote:
So you've got three examples in this thread, but compared to the tens of thousands in Tennessee, I do believe you are in the minority of Titans fans that were fans of the Houston Oilers. (In case your public education has failed you, "minority" means "less than".)
Funny, I used 2 examples. The number that proceeds 2. I went to a private high school (ranked#1 in the nation, had a national championship my senior year, and currently has two NFL starts A Toomer, and DJ Williams.). I have two degrees from the #5 rank public University in the nation and a pretty plush job at a winery. If you must know.

See I am able to ID low brow comments because they always seem to goto some level that attacks the poster and does not attack the post. It is also the signs of someone who has nothing else to say so in there head they have to make up things that make them feel better about themselves inside.

Quote:
O.K., I'm going to type really slow in order for your comprehension:
Oh here is another. I am good at this game.

Quote:
The Houston Oilers no longer exist, they're gone, history.
Yes, Titan history.

Quote:
My mention of Oilers history was a direct response to one of your fans:

Originally Posted by UTVinceYoung
"I really don't care about Bud Adams or what he did to your Oilers team."

This is a position that most Titans fans have, and if anything you should find sad, it's bandwagon fans that refuse to acknowledge their team's past.

Go ahead, defend his statement. It just makes it all that much sadder.
I do not defend other posts. They were not my words. I do think it is sad that people do not take the time to recognize the history, but again I am not one of those people. As a former Oilers fan it was low class of you to rip on events that happened to a team that you followed. I have been trying to think of the word that best describes that and all I come up with is turncoat or two-faced. It is the same as when Barlow last season came out against the 9ers saying what a crappy team they were not more then a week after he was traded.

Quote:
See above reply, and feel free to ask questions for clarification if any of the words are too big.
OH OH, another.

Quote:
I was a diehard fan, but how can you be a fan of something that no longer exists? The Tennessee Titans are not the Houston Oilers. It's a pretty black and white reality that you do not seem to be able to grasp.
Are the SF Giants the same team as the NY Giants? Are the LA Dodgers the same team as the Brooklyn Dodgers? Time heals wounds and when your generation passes I bet there will be a allot more people willing to accept the organizations entire history. Titans fans and the NFL seem to be able to make the correlation, it just seems that football fans in Houston can not make that leap.

Quote:
So you weren't even around for Luv Ya Blue. hmmmpf...figures.
Before my time. I was a 9er fan as a young child because they were what was on. Moon and the shoot got me hooked on the Oilers/Titans. I have been a fan since.

Quote:
I suppose a Titans fan trolling a Texans forum would know low brow when he sees it, so I guess you got me there. I defer to the expert in the field.
I was able to ID several instances in this post of low brow comments. I guess I am the expert. Keep it to the team and do not attack the poster. People who knew me from the original TT know that I keep it to football and refrain from the low class stuff unless I am trying to make a point of how asinine it sounds.

Last edited by Blazing Arrow; 06-13-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-13-2007   #80
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
heh, on a side note, thanks to UTVinceYoung for the negative rep in a smack thread.

You do realize two things, right?

1. We're just having fun, and I like all NFL fans (sports is superficial entertainment that we can't get too emotional about), and...

2. UTVinceYoung has absolutely no rep power, so it is quite meaningless. If I were one to seek vengeance, I'd return the favor. But I'm not like that, and will refrain from giving you -27 rep points.

My apologies if your feelings were hurt in a soft emotional state. It's all in good fun, right Blazing Arrow?

But I shall wear the neg rep from Titans fan with honor!
My only neg rep so far is from someone calling me a troll. Yeah ok if you want to call me that but you know there are allot worst trolls so be happy with you current population.

Feeling hurt. That is comedy. I wish the "Smack Off" thread was still on here. It was like 20 pages of all types of smack.

BTW-the vote ended in my favor on a rival board.

If making baseless accusations about my intelligence and schooling is all you got ...... suggestion

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read