Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 06-13-2007   #41
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: I was thinking about what it means to be a Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Another one that means something from the previous year...

21-6 halftime lead at Denver ---> Final score 26-24 Denver

Elway was past the line on that last drive.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #42
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Very nice - Arrow. Props!!

BUT.... Two words: Stagger Lee

*EDIT*
OOOOPS! Stagger Lee was a DIFFERENT play-off loss in Denver.

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 06-13-2007 at 10:51 AM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #43
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Very nice - Arrow. Props!!

BUT.... Two words: Stagger Lee

*EDIT*
OOOOPS! Stagger Lee was a DIFFERENT play-off loss in Denver.
Yeah, f the Broncos
Old 06-13-2007   #44
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Buffalo says the same thing about the MCM.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #45
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
Buffalo says the same thing about the MCM.
Don't recall Elway being on the Titans. You know the derrcik in you felt the same. The MCM was reviewed by the league an upheld so ....

You guys sound like a bunch of bitter ex's. The thing you loved and treasured and gave your heart too is now just something you crack jokes about? How many times did you sit around and defend the merits of the Oilers and how much you loved the players? The tone of this thread is sad really.
Old 06-13-2007   #46
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't recall Elway being on the Titans. You know the derrcik in you felt the same. The MCM was reviewed by the league an upheld so ....

You guys sound like a bunch of bitter ex's. The thing you loved and treasured and gave your heart too is now just something you crack jokes about? How many times did you sit around and defend the merits of the Oilers and how much you loved the players? The tone of this thread is sad really.
You were the one whinning about Elway being past the line of scrimmage, boohoo ... go get a blinky and deal with it.

So when someone brings up mcm they sound bitter.
Old 06-13-2007   #47
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
If you can't tell the difference between an Oiler fan and a Titans fan you are just plain ignorant.
I am both, I am confused by your statement.

One thing I can tell is a butt-hurt Oilers fan convert who is now a Texans fan, from a Titans fan. The hint is in the eyes. Titans fans see have a glimmer of hope in the back of there eyes, Texans fans have tears.
Sponsored links
Old 06-13-2007   #48
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You think so?!?! You should see how I treat my ex... The one that cheated on me....
Old 06-13-2007   #49
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I am both, I am confused by your statement.

One thing I can tell is a butt-hurt Oilers fan convert who is now a Texans fan, from a Titans fan. The hint is in the eyes. Titans fans see have a glimmer of hope in the back of there eyes, Texans fans have tears.
You are way off base there - Arrow.

Texans fans have a quiet confidence...... Of course we get that smug look on our faces when we think of the coming season that the Titans have to look forward to. Actually its less of a smug look and more of holding back outright laughter.

By the way, there may be a few on this board that followed the Titans before the Texans arrived, but I would bet you dollars to donuts most didn't.
Old 06-13-2007   #50
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
You were the one whinning about Elway being past the line of scrimmage, boohoo ... go get a blinky and deal with it.

So when someone brings up mcm they sound bitter.
I brought up the Elway thing because I remember the game and I remember from that moment on having complete dislike for the man. There was no whining. I did not go off on it. I mentioned what I felt was an accurate statement.

Seriously it is like you do not even read the statements that are made. Overalls brought up the MCM to compare to the Elway thing. I just stated the fact that after the event the league reviewed the play and said it was not a forward pass. No argument no bitterness just facts.

But since you missed the entire point of my post I will make it simple for you:
Texans fans who use to be Oiler fans trying to smack (check DB and TB post. Can't miss the giant highlighted numbers) the team they use to give there hearts too is completely weak and two-faced (harsher word then I wanted to use but could not think of a better one).

At one point you cheer them on with all of your soul the next you use the same smack that was probably used against you so many years ago.
Old 06-13-2007   #51
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:

i ain't no bitterman. i guarantee you that every Texans fan in this thread still loves the Houston Oilers with all their heart and more than any Titans fan could ever dream of. Bud can take the records and jerseys but he can't take the memories, even the bad ones (of which there were legion).

the only sad tone in this thread is the lamenting of the Titans fan. You thought you had it all figured out going into this offseason. Young stud QB. Great head coach. 2nd most cap room to sign a bounty of FAs. A premier DB with insane return skills. Well once Floyd left the whole outhouse went into flames, didn't it?
Let me be the first to congratulate you on such a 'wonderful' offseason..here is to your team struggling to be 6-10.. k thx bye

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 06-13-2007 at 01:50 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #52
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
You think so?!?! You should see how I treat my ex... The one that cheated on me....
So I guess the others were lucky
Old 06-13-2007   #53
Immobilarity
Made You Look

Rep Power: 16 Immobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden cover

May I be the one to further add to the ex-GF analogy by accusing the Titans of having a VD?
Old 06-13-2007   #54
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
ooh burn.
Old 06-13-2007   #55
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
The "others" lived......
Old 06-13-2007   #56
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I brought up the Elway thing because I remember the game and I remember from that moment on having complete dislike for the man. There was no whining. I did not go off on it. I mentioned what I felt was an accurate statement.

Seriously it is like you do not even read the statements that are made. Overalls brought up the MCM to compare to the Elway thing. I just stated the fact that after the event the league reviewed the play and said it was not a forward pass. No argument no bitterness just facts.

Texans fans who use to be Oiler fans trying to smack (check DB and TB post. Can't miss the giant highlighted numbers) the team they use to give there hearts too is completely weak and two-faced (harsher word then I wanted to use but could not think of a better one).

At one point you cheer them on with all of your soul the next you use the same smack that was probably used against you so many years ago.
First of all, I was never an Oilers fan. Could not bring myself to be a fan of a team with an owner like super comb-over.

So when someone uses this symbol it does not really mean that, as you put it There was no whining. I did not go off on it. what does it mean, that you have no feelings about it what so ever? If you were only stating a fact you would not have put that there.

So yet again you try to be little me by saying I do not read the statements that are made. Yet I do read them and because you do not know how to form a sentence structure without completely misplacing things so your meaning is totaly misconstrude, this way you get to act like you are smarter than someone and be little them. While I am sorry you feel that you have to do that to make yourself feel better, now that is pathetic.

Typical bud follower.

Old 06-13-2007   #57
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageFerguson View Post
exhausted. took a girl to the observatory last night. saw the rings of saturn with my own eyes. was an eventful night.
Did you get to see uranus?
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #58
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
First of all, I was never an Oilers fan. Could not bring myself to be a fan of a team with an owner like super comb-over.

So when someone uses this symbol it does not really mean that, as you put it There was no whining. I did not go off on it. what does it mean, that you have no feelings about it what so ever? If you were only stating a fact you would not have put that there.

So yet again you try to be little me by saying I do not read the statements that are made. Yet I do read them and because you do not know how to form a sentence structure without completely misplacing things so your meaning is totaly misconstrude, this way you get to act like you are smarter than someone and be little them. While I am sorry you feel that you have to do that to make yourself feel better, now that is pathetic.

Typical bud follower.

The word is actually belittle ..... ... but I am sure that was bated.

It is not my fault you take things out of context. If I am jabbing around with TB it is not meant to be some huge serious thing. I have seen the play probably 20 times, I felt he was over the line, but it is not like I made a public case about the play. I think actually this is the first time I have brought it up. It was so many years ago though to not be over it would be crazy.

You think I belittle you because I had to in the last thread point out 3 times you had not taken the time to read the article the thread was about, then IMO misinterpreted a statement by Goodell. If you took the time to read it you would not open up yourself for stuff like that.

And the posts were not direct at you in the first place and you decided to chime in. Your choice but if I disagree with you I will reply.
Old 06-13-2007   #59
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
The word is actually belittle ..... ... but I am sure that was bated.

It is not my fault you take things out of context. If I am jabbing around with TB it is not meant to be some huge serious thing. I have seen the play probably 20 times, I felt he was over the line, but it is not like I made a public case about the play. I think actually this is the first time I have brought it up. It was so many years ago though to not be over it would be crazy.

You think I belittle you because I had to in the last thread point out 3 times you had not taken the time to read the article the thread was about, then IMO misinterpreted a statement by Goodell. If you took the time to read it you would not open up yourself for stuff like that.

And the posts were not direct at you in the first place and you decided to chime in. Your choice but if I disagree with you I will reply.
Well let me point out that you did not read my post very well because you did not even comment on the rant on symbol you used .. of course I figured you would completely gloss over that because it would not fit into your point of it actually talking about how many times you have mentioned something. Just because you have only mentioned it once in a thread anywhere on this board does not take away from you using the icon regarding it a rant, but that is what you do best.
Old 06-13-2007   #60
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have absolutely no animosity, and have all love, in my heart towards the Houston Oilers and Oilers players.

But the Oilers no longer exist.

We still embrace the memories and players, though. The Texans have more Oilers players at autograph signings than Titans fans could ever imagine.

Heywood Jeffries - of which most Titans fans are clueless - was at All Access 2007 and had a line a mile long. Freakwood loved the fans, and the fans loved Freakwood. ("Freakwood" is Jeffries' nic back in the day for you historically challenged Titans fans.)

And I'd bet that he'd get that infamous blank stare if he was at Bud's stadium signing autographs.

If anyone should be bitter, it's Titans fans. We got a new team, new start, new stadium, and best of all, NEW OWNER.

Titans fans, on the other hand, got sloppy seconds, leftover smurf blue, team records that they never experienced as fans, and worst of all, BIG FAT BUD ADAMS.

I'd feel sorry for you if you weren't so arrogant about it.

Quote:
You can attempt to run your rather meaningless smack all you want to, but it is quite pointless. We don't live in the past, but we don't forget it, either.

Here you are - a Titans fan - on a Texans board running smack about a five year old franchise, while being completely ignorant of your own team's historical failures and players. And you want to lecture us on 'sad and pathetic'? You're a case study on the subject, skippy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read