Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 06-12-2007   #21
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

Default Re: I was thinking about what it means to be a Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
why is it that every titans fan feels the need to express how much better "their" team is to ours. why don't they try building a team out of nothing?

oh wait...
yeah and how has that worked out for your team?
UTVinceYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #22
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
That's no myth!

Alright, I'll catch you up on history: You got our sloppy seconds. Bud Adams is a big, fat jerk. Your franchise has the biggest choke in the history of the NFL. Smurf blue is fugly.

haha thats funny you think the Titans are the biggest choke in the history of the NFL. Is that supposed to be a compliment coming from a Texans fan?
Old 06-12-2007   #23
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTVinceYoung View Post
haha thats funny you think the Titans are the biggest choke in the history of the NFL. Is that supposed to be a compliment coming from a Texans fan?
Dude reread what he said and then go back and read football history about the biggiest choke in a football game.

I know it is hard the whole reading concept but I am sure they do teach that all the way up until your senior yearof the 6th grade.
Old 06-12-2007   #24
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

Quote:
So the history of the team, much less the great players, are lost on Titans fans. Franchise records are just numbers in a book without pictures. The greatness of Earl and Bum and Elvin and Warren, etc., are for old Oiler fans, not Titans fans.
Please explain why some of the Texans fans say that the history of the old Oilers team now belong to the Titans fans but you just stated that the greatness of Earl, Bum, Elvin and Warren are for the Oilers fans, not the Titans fans. Pass me some of that stuff you're smoking too. lol
Old 06-12-2007   #25
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

The Oilers/Titans have won the same amount of championships as the Texans....zero

i will never hold a Titans fan accountable for the 35-3 meltdown...that would just be wrong...but I do have 3 words for any Titans fan.

One Yard Short

sucks to be you....btw nice offseason Titans fan
...when Bud went to Hickville he said he would spare no expense to bring a championship. Well last time I checked you were 31st in payroll....I know math isn't exactly a strong suit for people around Tennessee but even an inbred yokel drunk on moonshine would know that being 31st out of 32 teams is pretty pathetic.
Old 06-12-2007   #26
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Dude reread what he said and then go back and read football history about the biggiest choke in a football game.

I know it is hard the whole reading concept but I am sure they do teach that all the way up until your senior yearof the 6th grade.
I will read the history and post it here for you to read as soon as your team actually plays in a playoff game. I guess I will never get to post it though.
Old 06-12-2007   #27
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
The Oilers/Titans have won the same amount of championships as the Texans....zero

i will never hold a Titans fan accountable for the 35-3 meltdown...that would just be wrong...but I do have 3 words for any Titans fan.

One Yard Short

sucks to be you....btw nice offseason Titans fan...when Bud went to Hickville he said he would spare no expense to bring a championship. Well last time I checked you were 31st in payroll....I know math isn't exactly a strong suit for people around Tennessee but even an inbred yokel drunk on moonshine would know that being 31st out of 32 teams is pretty pathetic.
You would know about nice offseasons. Remember when your team passed up on both Reggie and Vince, turned around and got rid of Carr and picked up a quarterback who has little to none experience on a football field. Now that's pathetic.

P.S. I really enjoyed the last Titans/Texans game when your fans went wild when Vince ran for a touchdown in overtime. The crowd went nuts! It was so much fun. Very nice stadium you got but too bad the Titans own it.
Sponsored links
Old 06-12-2007   #28
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

For Houston, I can't see how moving back two slots in the draft (from 8 to 10) AND trading two second-round picks to get an unproven QB, who will quickly have to learn the system in Houston, a.k.a., run for fargin' life, is a good move.
Old 06-12-2007   #29
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Please explain why some of the Texans fans say that the history of the old Oilers team now belong to the Titans fans but you just stated that the greatness of Earl, Bum, Elvin and Warren are for the Oilers fans, not the Titans fans. Pass me some of that stuff you're smoking too. lol
If you can't tell the difference between an Oiler fan and a Titans fan you are just plain ignorant.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #30
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For Houston, I can't see how moving back two slots in the draft (from 8 to 10) AND trading two second-round picks to get an unproven QB, who will quickly have to learn the system in Houston, a.k.a., run for fargin' life, is a good move.
That is because your knowledge of football is equal to my dogs. At least Schaud has receivers to throw to, and if and when vy ever learns to throw then maybe just maybe bud and his bean counter will go get some.

Quote:
You would know about nice offseasons. Remember when your team passed up on both Reggie and Vince, turned around and got rid of Carr and picked up a quarterback who has little to none experience on a football field. Now that's pathetic.

P.S. I really enjoyed the last Titans/Texans game when your fans went wild when Vince ran for a touchdown in overtime. The crowd went nuts! It was so much fun. Very nice stadium you got but too bad the Titans own it.
No those were not Texans fans those were tsippers who are as pathetic as titan fans. Yet again you are worse than the guy talking out his but on espin commercials.

As far as passing up on vy, I liked it because look how many wr want to be apart of his one read and run offense. and bush is not an every down back and would not have helped the Texans yet again it is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you know nothing, than to open your mouth and prove that you don't.

Last edited by Specnatz; 06-12-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #31
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:

translation: i got owned and am grasping at straws.

horrible offseason...check
31st in payroll...check
12 pack of Busch Light bought with food stamps...check

sounds like you are ready for the season to begin
Old 06-12-2007   #32
Immobilarity
Made You Look

Rep Power: 16 Immobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden coverImmobilarity could be on the next Madden cover

I'm still trying to get over the fact that the Titans are inbred.
Old 06-12-2007   #33
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well for the titans i don't see how getting rid of their best RB(who rushed for 1200 last season)and handing over the reigns to BIG BOY Lendale White,then cutting loose your best WR on an already awful WR core and to top it all of doing absolutely zilch in free agency to help a QB just heading in his 2nd season,is a good move.And i don't see why you would even bring up our moving down,the draft is over we got the player we wanted so no biggy,as for our second rounders they're more unproven than Schaub is, and who needs 2nd rounders if your just going to piss them away like ya'll did.I hate it how much people exagerrate our Oline they tend to forget that we gave up less sacks than the seahawks and bills,and that was with both our starting tackles injured for most of the season(our Left tackle all but 2 games) not to mention DC's horrible pocket awareness.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #34
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are you serious?? Do you really have to ask a question like that? We know you are just a t-sip fan with a man-crush on vy.

Here's the thing. The Titans (or Bud) own all of the rights, logos and records of the Houston Oilers. Most notably, the hairball that was left all over Rich Stadium in Buffalo which allowed the NFL to forget about the hair ball left in Denver the year before (which was equally as sickening). In typical fashion, that organization comes up a yard short.... 1 yard short.... If someone didn't beleive in Karma prior to that - they certainly did afterward...

NOW, what is the difference between 'those' records that the Titans and their fans "own" VS. some of the players / coaches that we the old Oiler fans claim is that - to a man, the names you mentioned have expressed that they are "HOUSTON Oilers"... NOT Tennessee Oilers, NOT Nashville Inbreds from Uranus. Even Bruce Mathews has expressed similar thoughts...

So, with that said, perhaps it is you that should step away from the bong...
Old 06-13-2007   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's no myth!

Alright, I'll catch you up on history: You got our sloppy seconds. Bud Adams is a big, fat jerk. Your franchise has the biggest choke in the history of the NFL. Smurf blue is fugly.
DB.... You stole my "sloppy seconds" bit. lol...
Old 06-13-2007   #36
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
35-3

This score means something in your franchise's history books. Look it up.

Quote:
Your boy Bud Adams took all Oilers records to Tennessee. He did not want to give Titans fans a fresh start, but rather, he decided that you need his baggage from the past four decades (even if it has absolutely no relevance to Titans fans).

Those HOUSTON OILERS players have numbers retired in a Tennessee Titans stadium. That's what I'm talking about. Look at the number 34, and what does it mean (other than your I.Q.). Nothing to you, but everything to Houston Oiler fans.

Your team has the historical records, but Houston fans have the memories. Titans fans have....Bud.

If you could care less about Oilers history, fine. I'm not losing sleep over it. But how you can consider yourself a true fan of a team and disregard their past is beyond me. We have a word for that around these parts: bandwaggoner.

I know that speaking beyond monosyllable words in long sentences tires you out, so I am typing really slow for you.
Old 06-13-2007   #37
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Obviously you can't see too much at all... If I were you, I would be more worried about what the Titans did this offseason - or what they haven't done.
Old 06-13-2007   #38
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I will read the history and post it here for you to read as soon as your team actually plays in a playoff game. I guess I will never get to post it though.
Typical........... Cop out.

Read the history before you open your mouth and ignorantly spew forth.
Old 06-13-2007   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immobilarity View Post
I'm still trying to get over the fact that the Titans are inbred.
Please get it right.... Inbreds from Uranus. Thus the nickname Tinbreds!!
Old 06-13-2007   #40
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
35-3

This score means something in your franchise's history books. Look it up.
Another one that means something from the previous year...

21-6 halftime lead at Denver ---> Final score 26-24 Denver

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read