Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-09-2007   #201
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I was thinking about what it means to be a Titans

Maybe if the Texans had been formed in a minor league we'd have some minor league championships to 'brag' about.

So let me get this straight: you happily embrace the positive history of the team while ignoring the negative. The ways of the bandwagon fan I will never truly understand.

Why do you root for the Giants when you've got plenty of other teams to bandwagon around the country? You could even pick a winning team, like Boston! Obviously you have no need to actually live anywhere near your chosen bandwagon team.
Old 11-09-2007   #202
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

So let me get this straight: you happily embrace the positive history of the team while ignoring the negative. The ways of the bandwagon fan I will never truly understand.
How am I ignoring anything? Please point out where I have done that. What I have said is the Titans when compared to the Texans (a comparison I never made ... face it we are better then you .... ) in there 1st 5 season have done better as an organization. Then the same person pulls the but you had an AFL team ... you are doing it in your own post. Chose a side do not take both arguments from both possible comparisons. If you want to talk about how we started in the NFL go ahead we are better then you. If you want to compare how we were in our first 5 season as a professional football team do that. Do not cop out with the but but buts ... it makes you look like you don't even know what you are arguing.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #203
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe if the Texans had been formed in a minor league we'd have some minor league championships to 'brag' about.

Why do you root for the Giants when you've got plenty of other teams to bandwagon around the country? You could even pick a winning team, like Boston! Obviously you have no need to actually live anywhere near your chosen bandwagon team.
Now you are trying to call me a bandwagoner for following a team for 20+ years? Yeah huge bandwagon fan here. When do you stop being a bandwagoner and start being a fan? Please explain ... cuz as it looks now you have jumped ship from one team to another and followed them for almost 6 years.

When you hit the 20+ mark talk to me again about being a bandwagoner cuz you got no ground to stand on.

Old 11-09-2007   #204
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
How am I ignoring anything? Please point out where I have done that. What I have said is the Titans when compared to the Texans (a comparison I never made ... face it we are better then you .... ) in there 1st 5 season have done better as an organization. Then the same person pulls the but you had an AFL team ... you are doing it in your own post. Chose a side do not take both arguments from both possible comparisons. If you want to talk about how we started in the NFL go ahead we are better then you. If you want to compare how we were in our first 5 season as a professional football team do that. Do not cop out with the but but buts ... it makes you look like you don't even know what you are arguing.

All I can say is we'll see you on December 2nd.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #205
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now you are trying to call me a bandwagoner for following a team for 20+ years? Yeah huge bandwagon fan here. When do you stop being a bandwagoner and start being a fan? Please explain ... cuz as it looks now you have jumped ship from one team to another and followed them for almost 6 years.

When you hit the 20+ mark talk to me again about being a bandwagoner cuz you got no ground to stand on.
I'm not "calling" you anything. If the shoe fits, wear it.

I root for my hometown teams. Why is this so hard for you to comprehend? It's simple logic. When a team no longer sports "Houston" in front of it and changes their identity completely, they are no longer the same team in spite of what some corporate charter says.

And so what, you've been a bandwagoner for 20+ years. Embrace it and quit trying to hide behind your twisted idealism. Just be who you are and don't be ashamed of it. It's no big deal.
Old 11-09-2007   #206
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:

I root for my hometown teams. Why is this so hard for you to comprehend? It's simple logic. When a team no longer sports "Houston" in front of it and changes their identity completely, they are no longer the same team in spite of what some corporate charter says.

And so what, you've been a bandwagoner for 20+ years. Embrace it and quit trying to hide behind your twisted idealism. Just be who you are and don't be ashamed of it. It's no big deal.
band·wag·on - noun

a party, cause, movement, etc., that by its mass appeal or strength readily attracts many followers

yup that is me to a tee

at least know the definition of the word you are trying to insult someone with.

Old 11-10-2007   #207
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Blazing Arrow;780296]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
He tried to lose the game last week. It's a shame for the Panthers that Carr played worse.[/qoute]

The Panthers were only saved by there D. By the end L-Dub was carrying them 2~3 yards a carry. Young kept drives alive when we needed them. If you have also not noticed the Titans lead the league in dropped balls.

I will there, is always fresh ground beef each season thanks to the Moos.

Is it me or is this CD skipping?

So you would take our start in the AFL to compare to the Texans again I do not see you having an agreement here.

Is it me or is this CD skipping?

So you would take our start in the AFL to compair to the Texans again I do not see you having an arguement here.
It's you and it's in your head.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-10-2007   #208
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
It's you and it's in your head.
Or maybe I did that on purpose ...

Old 11-10-2007   #209
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I hear you & I can support that logic.

Yet what if your choosing of a team has nothing to do with geography.What if your local team's fans have a reputation for being mindless thugs & trailer park trash.

What if you got into a sport when you were at college? What if you follow a sport that isn't played in your own country?

There are lots of reasons why you'd follow a team through thick & thin other than the one in your home town.

You know as well as anyone that the term band wagon is a jibe pointing to a person as fickle in their team loyalty. Hiding behind the old 'the owner was a douche' excuse isn't a get out of jail free card when it comes to being a band wagoner.

'I'm just following my hometown' is a admirable & I can dig it. Yet doing that & trying to label another who sticks by a team as a band wagoner is like standing in the rain & trying to convince people your not getting wet.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #210
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
band·wag·on - noun

a party, cause, movement, etc., that by its mass appeal or strength readily attracts many followers

yup that is me to a tee

at least know the definition of the word you are trying to insult someone with.
And you first became a fan when they went 1-15....riiiiiiight?

Don't lie now. You started rooting for the Oilers when they were winning, by your own admission.

So it's not an insult, just a factual observation. My application was exactly fitting for the example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan
I hear you & I can support that logic.

Yet what if your choosing of a team has nothing to do with geography.What if your local team's fans have a reputation for being mindless thugs & trailer park trash.

What if you got into a sport when you were at college? What if you follow a sport that isn't played in your own country?

There are lots of reasons why you'd follow a team through thick & thin other than the one in your home town.

You know as well as anyone that the term band wagon is a jibe pointing to a person as fickle in their team loyalty. Hiding behind the old 'the owner was a douche' excuse isn't a get out of jail free card when it comes to being a band wagoner.

'I'm just following my hometown' is a admirable & I can dig it. Yet doing that & trying to label another who sticks by a team as a band wagoner is like standing in the rain & trying to convince people your not getting wet.
That is a noble attempt to defend your friend. And if any of it had merit relative to BA's bandwagon of the winning Oilers back in the day, then he'd be free to use it.

But he had a classy winning organization to root for where he grew up (49ers), and decided to bandwagon another team. It's not like it's a sin or anything. Just his autobiography as told in these forums.

It's no biggie. I jumped on the Packers bandwagon when Houston's NFL team was stolen...but I didn't get emotional about it and buy any Green Bay gear. I just rooted for Favre when I had a chance to see them play.
Old 11-12-2007   #211
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Bandwagoners are the worst kind of fans and are always the easiest to pick out.

Quote:
It's no biggie. I jumped on the Packers bandwagon when Houston's NFL team was stolen...but I didn't get emotional about it and buy any Green Bay gear. I just rooted for Favre when I had a chance to see them play.
No way you were a bandwagoner if you didn't get emotional. Everybody roots for Favre. I see no front running here.
Old 11-12-2007   #212
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Arrow was a band wagon fan he'd have jumped off the Oilers/Titans wagon many moons ago.

Pull the udder one moo fans.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #213
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
And you first became a fan when they went 1-15....riiiiiiight?
Considering I was 5 the last time the Titans/Oilers had a one win season ... no I can honestly say I was not a fan then. Then again I was 5 so ....

Also the Oilers have never finished 1-15 ...

Quote:
Don't lie now. You started rooting for the Oilers when they were winning, by your own admission.

So it's not an insult, just a factual observation. My application was exactly fitting for the example.
Bandwaggon implies that in the times when the team sucks I would leave. I am still here sorry to tell you. I lived through the Billy Joe years ... the Buffalo melt down, getting owned by Elway. All were a blast but I stayed. That is called loyalty. Not just abandoning a team because they change locations. That is called not having a heart.

Quote:
That is a noble attempt to defend your friend. And if any of it had merit relative to BA's bandwagon of the winning Oilers back in the day, then he'd be free to use it.

But he had a classy winning organization to root for where he grew up (49ers), and decided to bandwagon another team. It's not like it's a sin or anything. Just his autobiography as told in these forums.

So there can only be fans from the local area huh? That is amusing because without fans from other areas your team would wither and die. You think a hand full of goons that throw some horns on there head are the only people who should like your team? Pretty sad.

BTW I am a 9er fan I am just 10x more of a Titans fan.

Old 11-12-2007   #214
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Bandwaggon implies that in the times when the team sucks I would leave.
Not exacly. When I hear bandwagon I think of a person who had no team affiliation before, but now picks a winning football team because either they are winning or they like some sort of star player on the team that they think is cool.

Frontrunner is more what you are talking about IMO. When your always going for the team that is winning (changing your team to the winning team).

Most fans of teams become fans because either a) they are from the city, b) they have family from the city, c) they attended a game at the area/stadium/field and really enjoyed the team (sometimes this can include d as well) or d) they are bandwagoners or front runners.

Bandwagon and front runners are kind of the same thing in my eyes, but I think there is a small difference and that is what I have explained above.
Old 11-12-2007   #215
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

You are welcome to your own opinion ... I have mine.

Old 11-12-2007   #216
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Considering I was 5 the last time the Titans/Oilers had a one win season ... no I can honestly say I was not a fan then. Then again I was 5 so ....

Also the Oilers have never finished 1-15 ...

That would be correct. They did however have back to back 1-13 seasons,
(1972 and 1973) and went 1-8 in 1982. They only won 2 games in 1983 and 1994. Which would mean that they have finished as bad or worse than the Texans worse season 5 times and have won the same amount of Super Bowls as the Texans while trying for 7 times as many years.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #217
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
That would be correct. They did however have back to back 1-13 seasons,
(1972 and 1973) and went 1-8 in 1982. They only won 2 games in 1983 and 1994. Which would mean that they have finished as bad or worse than the Texans worse season 5 times and have won the same amount of Super Bowls as the Texans while trying for 7 times as many years.
Thanks for the history leason ... I was not alive for two of those season and as mentioned I was 5 in '82 ... still would not change my loyalties. Reference 1994.

Old 11-12-2007   #218
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks for the history leason ... I was not alive for two of those season and as mentioned I was 5 in '82 ... still would not change my loyalties. Reference 1994.
5???!! SO what??! Thats no excuse!! In my family you were either an Oilers fan and hated the Cowboys -or- you were dis-owned and out on the street!!!! Geeeez.. The youth of today.
Old 11-12-2007   #219
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did you know that Jeff Fisher scored a TD on a punt return in 1981?

Or that Steve McNair, the guy the TENNheads keep saying didn't play well his first 2 years in the league so there is hope for V Carr actually had a 9 to 5TD to INT ratio in his first 2 years.

Don't worry. My memory is not that good.

http://www.databasefootball.com/index.htm

That is a good link for all kinds of different football stats.

Now don't say I never gave you anything.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #220
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

I was joking Overalls ... I am well aware of my teams history.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/

not a bad site for historical data and done in text.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read