Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-09-2007   #181
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: I was thinking about what it means to be a Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Talk all the crap you want ... Here are three truths you'd better start accepting....

a) Vince is terrible (Matt Leinart, David Carr and Cleo Lemmon think Vince sucks)
Funny how all of the QBs you have mentioned have never been on a team that has even finished at .500

Quote:
b) you will always be 'a yard short'.....
Better to be at the dance then turned down by your sister.

Quote:
c) As long as the fat man and his rug are around, the Titans will always be the brides-maid and will NEVER be the bride...

Learn it... Love it.... Live it!!!!
So what is you excuse for 6 years and counting of crappy play. Please do not give another tired excuss about an expansion team.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #182
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Funny how all of the QBs you have mentioned have never been on a team that has even finished at .500
Thats why I used those examples.. They suck, their teams suck and yet individually they are doing as well as, if not better than your glorifed running back. Titans are 6-2 because of that defense and are winning in spite of "his highness'

Quote:
Better to be at the dance then turned down by your sister.
If that works for you.. Sounds like a defeatest attitude. I don't hear too many Astros fans saying, at least we made it to the WS... I hear them wanting to get back there to win it.

Quote:
So what is you excuse for 6 years and counting of crappy play. Please do not give another tired excuss about an expansion team.
Lemme see here... 6 years (4 of which were a complete waste under C&C).. Well thats it 6 years... The Oilers/Tinnbreads have had just as bad of runs,...including their first 5 or 6 years in the NFL.... Something about 'glass houses' comes to mind..
Old 11-09-2007   #183
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Texan_Bill;780240]Thats why I used those examples.. They suck, their teams suck and yet individually they are doing as well as, if not better than your glorifed running back. Titans are 6-2 because of that defense and are winning in spite of "his highness'[/qoute]

The thing with Young is he is not losing games. He is not winning games but he is also not handing them to the other team.

Quote:
If that works for you.. Sounds like a defeatest attitude. I don't hear too many Astros fans saying, at least we made it to the WS... I hear them wanting to get back there to win it.
Does anyone actually care about the Stros?

Quote:
Lemme see here... 6 years (4 of which were a complete waste under C&C)..
That stinks of an excuse ...

Quote:
Well thats it 6 years... The Oilers/Tinnbreads have had just as bad of runs,...including their first 5 or 6 years in the NFL.... Something about 'glass houses' comes to mind..
So I assume you are just talking in the NFL right cuz we both now the Oilers were solid in the AFL.

Year 5 Oilers finished 7-7
Year 6 Oilers finished 10-4

not really sure I understand what you are trying to get at other then this season proving the Texans are on the road to being a perennial loser.

Old 11-09-2007   #184
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The thing with Young is he is not losing games. He is not winning games but he is also not handing them to the other team.
He tried to lose the game last week. It's a shame for the Panthers that Carr played worse.

Quote:
Spoken like a true Giants fan.. Enjoy the cellar.

Quote:
That stinks of an excuse ...
No excuse..... FACT. I saw some good things this season and I am not one to use injuries as an excuse, but the future looks bright.

Quote:
So I assume you are just talking in the NFL right cuz we both now the Oilers were solid in the AFL.
Yes (see that lengthy thread we had last year or the year before about it). But I am not sure how solid - 10 seasons: 4 were losing, 2 were .500. Granted they won the first two AFL championships and played in the 3rd - but it was a brand new league. After that, they were mediocre at best.

Quote:
Year 5 Oilers finished 7-7
Year 6 Oilers finished 10-4
True... How long were they a professional football organization prior to the merger?- Again 10 seasons??? Out of those 10 seasons: 4 were losing, 2 were .500. Anyway the point is that they were an established team prior to joining the NFL.

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 11-09-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Texan_Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #185
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
As a matter of fact, yes.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #186
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

The Stros are huge all throughout Texas.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #187
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Titans have overcome them, but 11 turnovers is handing at least chances to the other team. Due to the rest of the team stepping up those haven't hit y'all in the butt, but that cannot go on forever. He has to work on that.
Old 11-09-2007   #188
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The Titans have overcome them, but 11 turnovers is handing at least chances to the other team. Due to the rest of the team stepping up those haven't hit y'all in the butt, but that cannot go on forever. He has to work on that.
True, I wonder how many times his teammates have bailed him out this year.
Old 11-09-2007   #189
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
The Stros are huge all throughout Texas.
I was just ribbing Bill.

Old 11-09-2007   #190
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

[quote=Texan_Bill;780271]He tried to lose the game last week. It's a shame for the Panthers that Carr played worse.[/qoute]

The Panthers were only saved by there D. By the end L-Dub was carrying them 2~3 yards a carry. Young kept drives alive when we needed them. If you have also not noticed the Titans lead the league in dropped balls.

Quote:
Spoken like a true Giants fan.. Enjoy the cellar.
I will there, is always fresh ground beef each season thanks to the Moos.

Quote:
Yes (see that lengthy thread we had last year or the year before about it). But I am not sure how solid - 10 seasons: 4 were losing, 2 were .500. Granted they won the first two AFL championships and played in the 3rd - but it was a brand new league. After that, they were mediocre at best.

True... How long were they a professional football organization prior to the merger?- Again 10 seasons??? Out of those 10 seasons: 4 were losing, 2 were .500. Anyway the point is that they were an established team prior to joining the NFL.
Is it me or is this CD skipping?

So you would take our start in the AFL to compare to the Texans again I do not see you having an agreement here.

So you would take our start in the AFL to compair to the Texans again I do not see you having an arguement here.

Old 11-09-2007   #191
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

[quote=Blazing Arrow;780296]
Quote:

So you would take our start in the AFL to compare to the Texans again I do not see you having an agreement here.

So you would take our start in the AFL to compair to the Texans again I do not see you having an arguement here.
LET ME SPEAK REALLY SLOOOOOOOOOW FOR.......... YOU.

I WAS COMPARING THE OILERS FIRST 4 YEARS IN THE NFL TO THE TEXANS - WITH THE CAVEAT BEING THAT THE OILERS HAD ALREADY BEEN ESTABLISHED FOR 10 YEARS PRIOR TO COMING INTO THE NFL.

IN OTHER WORDS THEIR FIRST WINNING SEASON CAME IN THE 5th YEAR OF THEM BEING IN THE NFL (MEANING THAT THEY HAD BEEN IN EXSITENCE FOR 15 YEARS AT THAT POINT).

SLOW ENOUGH FOR YOU?!?
Old 11-09-2007   #192
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
LET ME SPEAK REALLY SLOOOOOOOOOW FOR.......... YOU.
You can speak as slow as you want to but I am reading your post. The speed at which you speak has no bearing on my ability to understand your jaded take on the texans franchise.

Old 11-09-2007   #193
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

[quote=Blazing Arrow;780296]
Quote:
He tried to lose the game last week. It's a shame for the Panthers that Carr played worse.[/qoute]

The Panthers were only saved by there D. By the end L-Dub was carrying them 2~3 yards a carry. Young kept drives alive when we needed them. If you have also not noticed the Titans lead the league in dropped balls.
Young threw two picks, ran for 25 and threw for 110. That sucks at any level. That 36.5 rating was pretty impressive too.. He's looking up at David Carr's rating.....
Old 11-09-2007   #194
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:

Young threw two picks, ran for 25 and threw for 110. That sucks at any level. That 36.5 rating was pretty impressive too.. He's looking up at David Carr's rating.....
Nice if you ignore the fact that he ran for a TD and also picked up crucial 1st downs that kept scoring drives alive. Talk to me again when you are not just thumbing through a stat book and you have actially watched the game.

Old 11-09-2007   #195
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Nice if you ignore the fact that he ran for a TD and also picked up crucial 1st downs that kept scoring drives alive. Talk to me again when you are not just thumbing through a stat book and you have actially watched the game.
I saw the Jaguars and Colts game early in the season and he looked bad in the first and ok in the second.

I saw the game against Atlanta. It was a really bad performance. I was in the sports bar and this Falcons fan was talking all sorts of crap to these Titan fans.

Then I saw the Panthers game last week and it was not a very good performance either.

I've seen quite a few bad performances throughout the season so far.

Edit: There are games I didn't watch but the stat line looks pretty bad. Against Oakland you've got 42 passing yards from 14 attempts. 11 rushing yards from 4 attempts.

The only game where he has thrown more than one TD is against New Orleans. New Orleans is tied for giving up the 2nd most in AVG yards per attempt with a whopping 8.2 yards. We are bad and we give up only 7. NO is also 6th in giving up the most passing yards per game at 248.1. Oh and they are sitting at the top with the most passes over 40 yards with 8(how bad is that), also tied for 2nd with most passes for over 20 yards with 30.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 11-09-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-09-2007   #196
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Yes most of his preformances have been sub par ... but then again when we needed points he put us in position. Dropped balls make QBs look poor no matter who the QB is.

Old 11-09-2007   #197
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yes most of his preformances have been sub par ... but then again when we needed points he put us in position. Dropped balls make QBs look poor no matter who the QB is.
But at the same time a ratio of 3 TDs and 8 INTs is bad no matter what. Also the guy is only averaging 5.7 per attempt. You can't just blame your WRs, he really is playing poorly.
Old 11-09-2007   #198
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
throw the balls better and they will be caught. The games I have watched, he has a tendency to overthrow alot.
Old 11-09-2007   #199
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
*ahem* I did watch the game. Sunday Ticket. The stats actually do him justice compared to actually watching that abomination.

Wow... Simply wow. One of the most prolific college rushing QB, rushes for 25 yards and 1 TD... 1

TD....so, he made up for half the picks he threw...

Vince simply isn't living up to the hype. Your defense has carried this team this season. Period. Sorry the stats add salt to that wound, but they illustrate perfectly how over-hyped VY is...
Old 11-09-2007   #200
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
So do dieing quails...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read