Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-05-2007   #1
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Aikman says Schaub trade best offseason move

Aikman was just on Sportscenter and said that Matt Schaub and Thomas Jones were the 2 best offseason moves in the NFL.

"I'm surprised that Atlanta let him go"
"Now him going to Houston. It will be interesting to follow his career. I think he is going to play very well."

OT - he also said that the Cowboys may take a few steps back.

Aikman is wicked smart and for him to give Schaub props made me smile. Love em or hate em, gotta respect the rings.
Old 06-05-2007   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Aikman says Schaub trade best offseason move

I've never been a Cowboys fan, but I've always like Aikman.

Cool to hear his positive thoughts on the Schaub deal. Hopefully time will prove him right!
Old 06-05-2007   #3
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Gotta agree with Double Barrel, never disliked Aikman, really can't say I ever disliked any of their players. It's their FANS And anyone that can love Lizzard Skin as their owner has to be playing with just a few cards short of a full deck. I was telling my uncle the other day (Lifetime, fanatical Cowboys fan), the only thing you can thank 'Ol Lizzard Skin for is for firing Tom Landry, and Jimmy Johnson LOL
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Aikman's was a very good QB. It just pizzes me off that he was playing for Dallas. My wife always had a thing for him too. I used to always tell her he was a 'switch hitter' (if you know what I mean). Needless to say, I got the 'you ain't gettin any' look quite often.
Old 06-06-2007   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

While I certainly hope that's the case, and will most definitely support Schaub, I can't make that leap just yet... Aikman may have had one too many concussions - but again, I hope he is dead on...
Old 06-06-2007   #6
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I know having the approval of a former Cowboy will make a lot of Texans feel better. Me, meh. It's June. Lot of talk. How much is worth more than spit in a bucket?
Old 06-06-2007   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Growing up in Ft. Worth and being a huge Cowboy fan I'd like to say that I pride myself on not being a jerk and being more of a football fan in general. I moved here in 93 and am a Texans fan too. This is the board I come to. Overall, I think Aikman was pure class an dwork ethic and to hear him say that is a great thing. I think he is one announcer that isn't afraid to critique and who has incredible football knowledge. I'm really fired up to see what we can do this year.
Old 06-07-2007   #8
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer

funny how he says good things and he was always a good player and never disliked him but if he said it was a horrible move then it would be stupid ass cowgirl player doesnt know crap. hes a cowboy so me personally i dont care what he thinks but i hope hes right. i never respect or like a cowboys player its just the way it is for me. just football fun nothing personal.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007   #9
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 128424 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

[Cheap shot]
Anyone stop to think that maybe its the concussions and migrains talking?
[/Cheap shot]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.

Last edited by PapaL; 06-10-2007 at 04:48 PM.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007   #10
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

even a cowboy hater like me still had respect for players like Staubach, R. White, E. Smith, and Aikman.

it's the majority of the players from that team that I intensely dislike...Irvin, Sanders, Newton. Assclowns like those guys would be peddling crack if not for their football skills.

back on topic....I hope Troy is right!
Old 06-07-2007   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
it's the majority of the players from that team that I intensely dislike...Irvin, Sanders, Newton. Assclowns like those guys would be peddling crack if not for their football skills.
To be equitable, Mark Stepnoski was the President of NORML.
Old 06-07-2007   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
funny how he says good things and he was always a good player and never disliked him but if he said it was a horrible move then it would be stupid ass cowgirl player doesnt know crap. hes a cowboy so me personally i dont care what he thinks but i hope hes right. i never respect or like a cowboys player its just the way it is for me. just football fun nothing personal.
Didn't you get the memo?

If someone says good things about us, then they know our team and they know what they're talking about.

If someone actually gives a laundry list of our strengths and weaknesses that agrees with our assessment of our strengths and weaknesses, then they're an objective and informed observer.

If someone says something bad about our team that we don't agree with or if they just say the same old bad things that everyone else says, then they're just part of the herd.

I haven't been on many different team's websites but I'd be pretty shocked if this was unusual behavior.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
The deal with Aikman though is that, as an announcer, he hasn't been afraid to throw the Cowboys under the bus. Its not like he sits there and says they are doing everything right. He seems pretty unbiased.

As for the Cowboys team from back then,,it is actually the opposite of what most people think and a lame few ruined it for the many good guys.
Old 06-07-2007   #14
real

I'm not sure why Aikman would pick the lowly Texans and put his reputation on the line just for the hell of it....

Wait a minute, here's a thought....

Maybe he actually believes what he said was true....

You can't satisfy everybody, so you're better off trying to please nobody...

Just about every year up until this point a vast majority of fans complained about the media always dogging the Texans...It's kind of surprising now, that once we do start getting positive comments, the fans dismiss them as chatter....

Then again it's not all that surprising because I've noticed that most posters who reject positive comments about Schaub and the team were avid Carr supporters, or didn't think he was 'that bad'...but keep up the negativity...looks good on ya'...

Last edited by real; 06-07-2007 at 09:19 AM.
Old 06-07-2007   #15
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
To be equitable, Mark Stepnoski was the President of NORML.
and that is a good thing.....
Old 06-07-2007   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I'm not sure why Aikman would pick the lowly Texans and put his reputation on the line just for the hell of it....

You can't satisfy everybody, so you're better off trying to please nobody...

Just about every year up until this point a vast majority of fans complained about the media always dogging the Texans...It's kind of surprising now, that once we do start getting positive comments, the fans dismiss them as chatter....

Then again it's not all that surprising because I've noticed that most posters who reject positive comments about Schaub and the team were avid Carr supporters, or didn't think he was 'that bad'...but keep up the negativity...looks good on ya'...
Sometimes a fan needs to look in his own backyard before hosing someone elses! JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post

Good point.

Now there's a novel idea...a sports analysis that was born from actually thinking instead of following the herd of "expert opinions".

I could care less who Aikman played for, and the fact that he's a HoF QB with three championship rings should allow us the opportunity to respect his opinion. I'd feel the same way even if his analysis was negative on Schaub.

And TA is not being influenced by the 2006 NFL Draft. That's a breath of fresh air in and of itself, IMO.
Old 06-07-2007   #18
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Didn't you get the memo?

If someone says good things about us, then they know our team and they know what they're talking about.

If someone actually gives a laundry list of our strengths and weaknesses that agrees with our assessment of our strengths and weaknesses, then they're an objective and informed observer.
If someone says something bad about our team that we don't agree with or if they just say the same old bad things that everyone else says, then they're just part of the herd.

I haven't been on many different team's websites but I'd be pretty shocked if this was unusual behavior.
The point is a lot out there are not doing that. They repeat the same thing over and over again .. the OL. If they say yes the OL improved some towards the OL towards the end of last season but it still needs more improvement, would be fine by most. Or a could pass rush which the Texans have not had would help the secondary which is suspect would be fine, but no all they mention is the OL. They fail to discuss all the positions just keep mentioning the OL. All we as fans have wanted was a fair shake and not the same dribble rehashed, without any real analysis.
Old 06-07-2007   #19
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
The point is a lot out there are not doing that. They repeat the same thing over and over again .. the OL. If they say yes the OL improved some towards the OL towards the end of last season but it still needs more improvement, would be fine by most. Or a could pass rush which the Texans have not had would help the secondary which is suspect would be fine, but no all they mention is the OL. They fail to discuss all the positions just keep mentioning the OL. All we as fans have wanted was a fair shake and not the same dribble rehashed, without any real analysis.
That is the one area where I'll agree. Plus I think you need to look at who the words are coming from. We have all already discussed why Aikman should be a respectable opinion. The OL rhetoric though is lazy reporting in some cases. Bloggers, people outside of Houston who have seen 3 Texan games in their life, etc, etc are the ones who trot out the O-line thing without studying the tape.
Old 06-07-2007   #20
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Didn't you get the memo?

Classic!
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read