Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Grass or Concrete????

dskillz

Waterboy
Which one is it for you?

I have to be in the grass, can't do the concrete unless it is raining. The grass is what makes the Yellow Lot special. Easier on my feet, kids can play, and it is alot cooler than being on concrete with the heat bouncing right back at you. Not sure who made the decision to only have grass in one lot, but I am glad they did!

But I do see quite a few people parking in the concrete even when there is plenty of parking in the grassy area. My question to you is why do you prefer the concrete? Allergies? Grass stains?

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Grass!

We've tailgated on the concrete when it's raining, but it's always been a grass thing for us, as well (since the first season).

We have a very unique atmosphere at the yellow lot grass, because I don't think any other lot has the grass option.

OzzO

.. and then?
Pfft, concrete's the way to go.

....oh, wait - this isn't the Blue lot section is it. :shades:

OrangeLotPole8

Waterboy
I say concrete, but I am biased! I know that washers are easier to find on concrete rather than grass. The EZ-UPS keep the concrete cool and the fans are there on the hot days. The grass can't be very good on the rain days.

Hagar

Drink up yall, its the Texans!
Grass is the only way to go.

Trust me, when its 95 degees outside, you want to be on grass.

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
You forgot one option:

Platinum: a heavy, grayish-white, highly malleable and ductile metallic element, resistant to most chemicals, practically unoxidizable except in the presence of bases, and fusible only at extremely high temperatures: used for making chemical and scientific apparatus, as a catalyst in the oxidation of ammonia to nitric acid, and in jewelry.

OrangeLotPole8

Waterboy
Grass is the only way to go.

Trust me, when its 95 degees outside, you want to be on grass.
Not me, I am in the shade on concrete. Sitting next to the margarita machine between games of washers. Everybody has their own preference, mine is concrete in the Orange Lot. :toast2:

texanmojo

Shotgun 30 Time
Which one is it for you?

I have to be in the grass, can't do the concrete unless it is raining. The grass is what makes the Yellow Lot special. Easier on my feet, kids can play, and it is alot cooler than being on concrete with the heat bouncing right back at you. Not sure who made the decision to only have grass in one lot, but I am glad they did!

But I do see quite a few people parking in the concrete even when there is plenty of parking in the grassy area. My question to you is why do you prefer the concrete? Allergies? Grass stains?
Can't we keep this a secret? I don't want a bunch of non-grass types taking up the prime grass real estate! :bat:

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Not me, I am in the shade on concrete. Sitting next to the margarita machine between games of washers. Everybody has their own preference, mine is concrete in the Orange Lot. :toast2:
Do you y'all even have a choice? :um:

Can't we keep this a secret? I don't want a bunch of non-grass types taking up the prime grass real estate! :bat:
No doubt! :spy: grass? what grass?

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
The grass is horrible in the rain, and it catches fire a lot for those 95 degree days and it's a long, long, long, loooooong way from the stadium. For your own safety, I'd advise staying away from the grass.:shades:

dskillz

Waterboy
Orange has grass at the corner, right before you cross over to blue. That's where we were, but we also visit FILO and they are on concrete. The grass is easier on the legs for me.
Orange has grass? I thought it was a Yellow exclusive.

texanskan

Waterboy
I would like to do it on the grass but since we have that nice area along the fence (off Murworth) it gives us the space we need.

I have parked on grass and concrete.......
Grass is better I think for a couple of reasons.....
1. There are no stripes on grass.....you get more tailgate area when parked there....
2. Not as hot on feet if a hot day in grass lot......
:texflag: :texflag:

I really don't care for the following reasons:

1. I am hung over from the night before,
2. I'm downing a Bloody to get things started,
3. Now I am ready to get my drink on,
4. The pit is rolling,
5. The tunes are rolling,
4. I am haning out with guys I don't see enough of in the first place, and
5. Since I live in LA, I don't get to go to all the games.

Point is, I am happy to be there.

Concrete or grass, it really doesn't matter to me.

Joe Texan

Inducted 04
I don't mind either, Grass can get muddy, Concrete can uh well its concrete, I prefer the strawberry thingy's frm the Nuts wife, and I prefer the shotgun, But I am forever and a day BLUE CREW

mannyo123

Practice Squad
Yes, Elle, it is a 2 day event for us, and it's Leaving around4:30 to 5ish..lol
Oh btw, we are on the concrete in front of the bubble. Tailgated in the grass the first year and concrete the second. Preferred concrete.

nflnutswife

Veteran
One definate benefit to GRASS is the convenience of tapping in a couple of stakes to hold your canopy down. No weighted sand bags or jugs of water tied to the corners.

I have the dents in MY truck from someone elses flying tent!:texflag: